ACC RD Racing Club | World Challenge Europe Thunders On To Simracing.GP [Deleted]

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 565582
As the event on Wednesday is a pre-series warm up I'd like to float the idea of "gentleman's agreement" for lap 1 - T1.

We stick to the side of the track we are on when entering the braking zone for T1 at the start of the race. Stay on that line through and just after the chicane then crack on as normal.

If somehow you end up 3 wide heading in to the corner it would be up to the guy in the middle to try and filter left or right.

In the braking zone leave a good margin of space to the car in front so you have plenty of time to brake.

I'm hoping this will avoid any race ending crashes. It's 45minutes so just take extra care navigating this on lap 1 please and don't forget the radar will help massively with this.
That works for me, Chris. My biggest challenge will be to find the right braking to be under control enough to avoid lane switching but I should be fine.

I managed to get a race simulation run in so thought I'd give you my findings in case some of you don't have time to practice. The temps are based on the same server settings but might change slightly on race day.

Race start - 31 degrees C
Race Finish - 24 degrees C

Expect a rough temperature drop of 7 Degrees, in the Porsche just adding 0.2 to 0.4psi to the new tyres kept them in the right window after the stop.

Last edited:
View attachment 565582
As the event on Wednesday is a pre-series warm up I'd like to float the idea of "gentleman's agreement" for lap 1 - T1.

We stick to the side of the track we are on when entering the braking zone for T1 at the start of the race. Stay on that line through and just after the chicane then crack on as normal.

If somehow you end up 3 wide heading in to the corner it would be up to the guy in the middle to try and filter left or right.

In the braking zone leave a good margin of space to the car in front so you have plenty of time to brake.

I'm hoping this will avoid any race ending crashes. It's 45minutes so just take extra care navigating this on lap 1 please and don't forget the radar will help massively with this.

Fine with me Chris does this effectively mean no overtaking into T1 ? (good for me after my disastrous rolling start at Silverstone) so we go full racing after the chicane?

Fine with me Chris does this effectively mean no overtaking into T1 ? (good for me after my disastrous rolling start at Silverstone) so we go full racing after the chicane?
In theory you should still be able to overtake. If you are on the left you are on the outside for part one but have the inside for part two of the chicane so you could make up a place.

If you are on the right you might be able to get a better exit from the chicane and gain a place.

I'm hoping it just stops a 3 in to 1 scenario as it just won't work.

I managed to do 2 hours of practice this weekend. Turns out I'm moving from the AMG to the Audi EVO2. Got a stable setup with low downforce, so I think it is safe to go the full race lenght.

Note: I think that most, if not all, agressive setup presets have the brake balace too foward. For example: For the Audi, the preset has 63% of braking power to the front. I've changed it to 56% and can maybe back it to 55%. Much more stable under braking and less ABS interference. I used Motec to understand wheel loking and the fronts where loking right from the beginning.

Adding to what Swanny said about Turn 1, remember that the farther back you are, the earlier you will need to brake. Forget the 150m sign and try to look the car ahead of the car ahead of will.

View attachment 565582

good idea :thumbsup:
what i'll add is that this will likely see lots of us hitting the next chicane together and ive seen plenty of times races where everyone takes it easy through T1 only to completely forget that you'll get a similar scenario at the next chicane, so although maybe no gentleman agreement needed for 2nd chicane just remember you're likely going to need to brake a lot earlier here too!

good idea :thumbsup:
what i'll add is that this will likely see lots of us hitting the next chicane together and ive seen plenty of times races where everyone takes it easy through T1 only to completely forget that you'll get a similar scenario at the next chicane, so although maybe no gentleman agreement needed for 2nd chicane just remember you're likely going to need to brake a lot earlier here too!
Great point Dean! It's a tricky track to get everyone through on the first lap safely. I'm hoping that everyone gets a feel for it ready for the series kick off next week.

I managed to get a race simulation run in so thought I'd give you my findings in case some of you don't have time to practice. The temps are based on the same server settings but might change slightly on race day.

Expect a rough temperature drop of 7 Degrees, in the Porsche just adding 2 to 4psi to the new tyres kept them in the right window after the stop.
Hey Chris. Is the temp drop something that is correlated to time? So if I run a custom race with the same start and multiplier I get the same effect. In the game I don't quite understand the temperature setting. It's only one and seems to be a combination of air and track, what did you use here?

It's linked to in game time so as it gets later in the afternoon / evening the temp starts to drop. With x4 multiplier and a session starting at 15:00 lasting 45mins real time you should see the in game time of day at the top of the screen going quite quickly and the temp dropping.

You can usually see air and track temp on the mfd when you scroll to the pit options whilst racing or output it to something like dash panel and display it on a phone or tablet.

Expect a rough temperature drop of 7 Degrees, in the Porsche just adding 2 to 4psi to the new tyres kept them in the right window after the stop.
I hadn't even considered that. I'll need to change my pit strategy. Just to be clear, if 26.3 gives you optimal pressure for one of the tyres in the first stint then you need something around 29.3 for the second stint in the lower temperatures?

I hadn't even considered that. I'll need to change my pit strategy. Just to be clear, if 26.3 gives you optimal pressure for one of the tyres in the first stint then you need something around 29.3 for the second stint in the lower temperatures?
My post had a typo in it where I missed the decimal place, glad you quoted me! Changed it now.

Expect a rough track temperature drop of 7 Degrees, in the Porsche just adding 0.2 to 0.4psi to the new tyres kept them in the right window after the stop.

So as an example my starting pressures for my fronts are 26psi and 27psi
For the pit stop my tyre pressures will be 26.3 and 27.4.

Coach Dave mentions this
"As a general rule of thumb, for every 1 degrees Celsius of increase/decrease in ambient temperature, decrease your tire pressure by 0.1 PSI and vice versa"

He mentions ambient temperature but I tend to go off track temperatures for my calculations.

The write up about it is here:

@sebastalona will tell you from our experience of racing in the ACCSS 24hours of Spa that the tyre pressures in relation to the ambient / track temp can be a bit hit and miss, it's not an exact science and can be affected by all sorts.

Personally I'd set a practice session up for 15:00 and get the track temp roughly 31 degrees then get your tyre pressures right and make a note - these are your starting pressures. Fire up another but set the time to 17:00 and a track temp of around 27 and get pressures right for that - this will be your pit stop pressures.

Hope all that makes sense.

Last edited:
What sort of a time is respectable round here? I can't make the warm up race and I've been practicing tonight using the conditions that free practice will be in, I managed to run a 1.51.3 with race fuel, about 40 litres at the time, am I going to be miles off? It's only my second time round monza tonight so I've no idea what pace to expect, cheers guys

What sort of a time is respectable round here? I can't make the warm up race and I've been practicing tonight using the conditions that free practice will be in, I managed to run a 1.51.3 with race fuel, about 40 litres at the time, am I going to be miles off? It's only my second time round monza tonight so I've no idea what pace to expect, cheers guys
I'd say anything between 1:50-1:52 is a really good pace. Nail the pit stop and you'll do well I would think.

Last edited:
My post had a typo in it where I missed the decimal place, glad you quoted me! Changed it now.

Expect a rough track temperature drop of 7 Degrees, in the Porsche just adding 0.2 to 0.4psi to the new tyres kept them in the right window after the stop.

So as an example my starting pressures for my fronts are 26psi and 27psi
For the pit stop my tyre pressures will be 26.3 and 27.4.

Coach Dave mentions this
"As a general rule of thumb, for every 1 degrees Celsius of increase/decrease in ambient temperature, decrease your tire pressure by 0.1 PSI and vice versa"

He mentions ambient temperature but I tend to go off track temperatures for my calculations.

The write up about it is here:

@sebastalona will tell you from our experience of racing in the ACCSS 24hours of Spa that the tyre pressures in relation to the ambient / track temp can be a bit hit and miss, it's not an exact science and can be affected by all sorts.

Personally I'd set a practice session up for 15:00 and get the track temp roughly 31 degrees then get your tyre pressures right and make a note - these are your starting pressures. Fire up another but set the time to 17:00 and a track temp of around 27 and get pressures right for that - this will be your pit stop pressures.

Hope all that makes sense.
Lol, thanks, Chris. I did think it was a bit extreme, glad I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes