ACC RD Racing Club | World Challenge Europe Thunders On To Simracing.GP [Deleted]

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, all the best Swanny!

Sorry guys, I've not had much track time on this circuit and I've never raced on it before. Still looking forward to tonight's race, hopefully it is a race :roflmao:

All the best for your family Chris! Don't worry about the racing clubs, we'll do fine without you, although missing you ofc.
If you need it to take your mind off for a bit though, we'll be there :)

Yea, all the best Swanny!

Sorry guys, I've not had much track time on this circuit and I've never raced on it before. Still looking forward to tonight's race, hopefully it is a race :roflmao:
Maybe this will help a little bit?
Not really a clean lap, but the best I could do with the McLaren...
The onboard isn't helpful I guess. Enough guides etc out there.
But the 2nd rear view might be useful when comparing to your own laps from the same perspective.
Mistakes and line differences are way more visible.

Sadly not many really fast laps out there with that view!

Thanks Rasmus, nice vid. Looks a lot like what I'm doing but I think getting in the 47s will be hard on the track time I've had unfortunately.

Still looking forward to it though, I'll get on early to get a few laps in before the server goes up:thumbsup:

So, last race of the season is now over, many thanks to Chris, RD and the community for hosting, organizing and a great time on track.
Hopefully we can build on this season for a new one, with more fun and a greater and more stable driver field.
It was sad to see the driver numbers falling with a disappointing 10 car grid yesterday.

The Barcelona race itself was nothing special, in good or bad ways.
I did not had the pace to match the best times in quali. A last attempt looked good until a small error in the last chicane, so it was P8 for the race.

The start was ok, all in all smart driving despite one touch.
After 2 laps i thought i could make something different with an early stop and clean air.
I missed the last chicane, again, and lost some seconds there, but the following stop was ok. Rejoined in last and tryed to make some consistent laps to gain time.
After a few laps it became clear that i was not as fast as i would so i just focused on finishing. Sadly, a hit from behind after passing Brooke(i guess) send me off in turn 9 and some additional 20+sec were gone.
In the end i finished in P7, not bad but also not good.

All in all it was a mixed season from the results view, with some missed opportunities and silly errors but also some nice glimpses of pace.
But the most important point was that i enjoyed every lap, having fun and a great time with a great community.

So, lets move on for some more fun and nice racing!

We've had some great races all the way through the field this series. The inevitable drop off in numbers over the summer months is starting to kick in. This isn't a big issue though, you can have a race with 3 people and as long as the pace is similar it can be great.

Last night was a mixed bag for me. Little practice and one practice pit stop left me struggling. The first few laps of the race were brilliant, great racing but I was struggling to maintain pace and concentration so tried an early stop to enable me to run in clean air and minimise the risk of a mistake which might see me knocking someone off. Got oversteer on pit entry and bounced off the walls like a pin ball. Fixed the damage in the pits which set me back and also forgot to tweak pressures.

Had a good battle with Rasmus but my tyres were overheating and pressures were way off so I was sliding all over the shop.

Congrats to the podium and thanks all for racing with us this series.

Last edited:
Grats to Larsen on the race win!

My pace yesterday wasn't up to you guys but i managed to stay consistent and even got into the 45s (on one lap) which was a surprise.

I dreaded the pit as I think yesterday was the first time going in :roflmao:

Grats to Chris on the series win, I don't think it was ever in doubt :thumbsup: and cheers for setting this series up it's very much appreciated!

hi
after i have sorted out many errors (too fast in pre race, too fast in pit lane, yhoose wrong car etc.) the series is over :).
Thx to Chris for organazing and the question will be there something else in the future :) ?
This would be very nice also to get more familiar with this game

thx to all racing with me
hape

Cheers for the racing last night gents, thouroughly enjoyed that, very close and fair racing. I do have one apoligy to make and I think in was Harry I hit into T12 in L2 (not sure who it was), but you were lagging hard and all of a sudden you were in my cockpit and the sec after I saw you get out of shape. I did use the opportunity to overtake because I didnt think it was my fault (the lagging), but if I made a foul, sorry. ACC is less stable than rf2 when it comes to lag hits. I also saw cars gain 100hp on the straight only to come back to me secs later.

Then came the pitstop, the thing I was dreading the most. I had it all prepared, but in practice I noticed the engine wouldnt cut out by itself unlike when I practiced in single player, so quickly mapped ignition and starter buttons. Good thing I did, because I had to feddle with it in the actual stop, loosing me 3-4 seconds, I couldnt get the darn thing to shut off. Also took out 0,2 psi in all 4 which was a mistake as the tires were a little low afterwards and left sides a little hot. Should have added a bit more instead, the 4x time multiplier throwing me off. Oh well, lesson learned for the next race.

Anyway, the racing was brilliant, especially the fight for 1st with Andre. I litterally tried every trick in the book to get past while at the same time judging his weak points. I decided to try something in sector 1 as I had the upper hand there and after a million laps an opportunity arose into T4 after gluing myself to his bumper through T3 and made the pass stick. From there it was just a case of keeping it on track and not fall asleep into T9, missing the braking point a few times.

Cya next time around :)

Last edited:
That was some intense season for me!
Jumping into ACC with basically no clue at all :roflmao:

Learnt to adjust the pressures, warming brakes and tyres, rolling start, the pitstops, how the damage works, how to disable repairs to not lose 30 seconds although you're only 2 hundreds slower per lap etc. etc.

Very close and great racing! I really had to work and practice to get up to speed. This club is plenty fast without too fast aliens but also without anyone being a bit slower for some casual racing without much practice!

Had some of the best battles ever with you guys! :inlove:

This last race was crazy! I did some practice to get up to speed and landet right in the middle in qualy although beating my pb. So I knew this would be some tough and close first few laps! And I wasn't wrong haha.
The most part of the race I was just locked in between or behind cars, avoiding collisions under braking without losing too much time. Not seeing any braking points or any apexes. Adrenaline rushing like crazy. I loved it :D

Then the tyres became really bad, had some lock ups and understeer into some corners so got new tyres one lap after 50% done.
I saw 2 cars coming down the straight while accelerating and managed to slide into T1 right in front of Chris on cold tyres.
It looked like Chris was going to hunt down Andre (Nascentes) and was clearly faster than me at some points throughout each lap. But I wanted to hang on my one place improvement compared to qualy so did the Alonso and "Defended like a lion"!

At some point I had another little lock up into the Hairpin and decided to let Chris through to allow him to still get up to Andre.

To my surprise his tyres didn't agree with that though so instead I was hunting down Chris now!
With the BMW M4 and the Porsche apparently very different in each sector, I had to avoid crashing into him into T1 and the left/right dip before going up the hill in sector 2.
Which meant I couldn't get next to him for the hairpin. Sadly he was quicker at the exit onto start/finish so I couldn't make a pass into T1 either. Arghs!!

But after many many laps my tyres were clearly in a better shape due to his earlier pit stop and I could squeeze myself through.
Towards the end my tyres dropped off too and I feared for any mistake costing me the place back!

What a race :D

Looking at the Total times and Best laps at SGP, It's clear why this race was amazing for most of us!

1657205440285.png

I think in was Harry I hit into T12 in L2 (not sure who it was), but you were lagging hard and all of a sudden you were in my cockpit and the sec after I saw you get out of shape
I checked my replay and yeah, Harry Brooks was lagging a little bit. Not that bad, just little jumps left/right mostly but when you hit him, he had a little stop & go lag right into the corner without leaving you any chance to dodge him :(

First of all, thanks Chris and RD for organizing this great championship, and to all the drivers who made it so good. Fair and clean racing all around. It is amazing to have a group like this to race =)

This last race was intense since before the race. I could turn on my computer only 20:25 (Portugal time) just to find that there was a game update! 850mb was quick to download, but took more than 20 minutes to patch! I was really mad and my wife had to hear me complain through all those minutes :roflmao: I thought it was 20 minutes of practice, so when the update completed at 20:56, I would still be able to join but not able to do the qualy. To my relief, I joined just as the qualy started and was able to do some laps. I was still a bit mad with the update I did something wrong in all my laps. 7th place was all I could get. I relaxed a bit, drunk some water and went off to the race.

At the race, I had a pretty good start, making one or two positions on lap and had some luck as people were battling in front of me. I've managed to get behind Harry (he was lagging a little bit, tho) but could not overtake. I was quicker in sector 1, we had similar pace during the rest of the lap, but he was quicker in the final chicane, so I could not take advantage of the great straight-line speed of the Audi. After the pit stop, if I remember correctly, a Ferrari (maybe Harry?) made a little mistake at turn 7/8 and I was able to take the lead. Jan got to me really quick and I've done everything I could to keep him behind but not for too long. In the end, P3 was a great result for a pretty busy race. Not a single lap without pushing to the limit!

Now I'll take a break to enjoy the summer outdoors, family will come to visit, and mid-September I'm back. May join one race or another in the meanwhile, but will use the free time to put some kilometers at ETS2.

Cheers!

Spa 45minute race tonight if anyone is free, should be a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back