RD MINI Challenge 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
To spend weeks on a league and hours of testing, just to get messed around because the prescribed schedule was not adhered to.
Chatting was not the problem here.... but going straight to racing after quali was.
i took this opportunity to go to the bathroom as i felt i had 10 min to spare only to get back after 4min to find the race had started.
Further Bram, with all the respect i have for you, your verbal abuse toward us was uncalled for as we did not default here, but your leage did.

Poor show!!!!

First of all guys really disappointed how you are frustrations and its unacceptable that some of you successfully tried to kill the race for other by starting to .... vote???

FYI: There was a warmup in session, scheduled as planned but this game allows you to finish your last lap of qualy which is obviously over 10 minutes and some people were still driving. Hence the skip to race after 10 minutes.

How you can miss a start of a race when its clear announced to start at 1900 GMT beats me but thats one thing.

Ruining the race for others by voting and chatting is not acceptable and I hope those that initiated this will be brave enough to step forward and make an apology to those that had their race ended because of this nonsense.

We have spend over 100 hours into this event. Creating a track, creating light mods, skinpacks, etc etc and this is not the way to end it.

Chat1.jpg
Chat2.jpg

We have spend over 100 hours into this event. Creating a track, creating light mods, skinpacks, etc etc and this is not the way to end it.

But not testing if a 'schedule' works by checking to see if warmup runs?

Alot of people have things to do during warmup, toilet breaks, a quick drink. I personally have never raced a league where it goes straight from quali to race.

I can see both sides of the argument...the race did start when scheduled but I think most people expected there would be a 10 min warm-up regardless of how long the qualifying overruns.
What was annoying though is that I forgot which button is mapped to 'yes' so under pressure to vote I quit the race and voted, expecting a re-start that never came :(

Bram Hengeveld Fair enough, but the prescribed schedule mentions 10 minutes of warmup? Surely its one or the other, 19:00 or warmup.
Yep and because one driver crossed the line before the checkered flag he is allowed to complete his lap, just like last week in the test race but a lap here is 10 minutes. In those 10 minutes people cant exit the pitlane anymore and can have a pee break or a smoke.

The race time however was still according to schedule. 19:00 pm just as planned/scheduled and tested during the test event.

Fact what upsets me greatly is that we have a non chatting rule for years around here and you all are aware of this rule. This means zero, nada, no typed chatting whatsoever on screen and certainly not as a small group trying to push other people to vote a restart because things don't go your way for whatever reason that may be.

There is one person to decided restarts, reboots, and thats the race director. Who as a matter of fact was in TS3.

Well Toby like said it went perfectly according to schedule. Start time of the race is and was 19:00 GMT.

We didnt made anything go from qualy to race as the game does that automatically and as a fellow league organizer you are very well aware of that Toby.

But it isn't that hard to either:

a) Let others know this will happen.
b) Restart the race because 90% of the drivers didn't know this and 50% of people were affected in some way.

I wondered where the broadcast was...

Thing is, when in quali, drivers dont usually check the clock, they check the time left in the current session. And with the OP stating there will be 10 minutes of warm-up, drivers were obviously expecting this.

Shame. I was looking forward to watching this. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play