RD MINI Challenge 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you know the track well,i mean verry well...its not that hard,otherwise is GreenHell.
And it seems that i recived an error when more people joined the server.I deleted the old skin pack and i still had that error only that it alowed me to stay on server.
If there are no more errors for next week than other than this i have no other problems.Except the dark side of the situation...lol

Only complaint was there was some very poor driving as soon as it went dark. If you're not entirely sure of the track, take it very, very easy.

Fortunately by the time it goes dark next week the pack should be spread out enough that it will be less of a problem but people seriously need to take it easy.

I also got a ton of slow down, was getting it in practice/quali so I left and put the settings down from max to about medium, but in the race it was still there, especially at night going past the s/f line. Maybe minimum settings is the answer!

As for the lights, it's difficult, but that's part of the challenge!

I will look at the first 2 corners. Not sure about the penalties yet, but there will be some. I mentioned it clearly in the briefing, so it should not have been this chaotic.

Besides that I am a bit disapointed in that, I want to thank all for their presence. It is a good thing we did this test race.

The server is still open. It is set a bit slower now, so it will become dark a bit later, and stay dark a bit longer. This event showed practice is surely needed, so take the advantage of the server being open.

I wonder if doing this might help me go a bit quicker through the corners:D
images.jpg

I'll agree, it would be much better if we could "install" brighter lights, because you could barely see anything with the ones that were on.

As for the race, it was interesting. Made up 1 position in the first sector past Jesper, and managed to hold a close gap to Jimi and Chris during lap 1 until the corner before the long straight where I made a slight mistake and lost contact with them. From then on I kept loosing ground, and when I went into the pits, I had forgotten to dial in settings to change pit settings. So I took 4 tires. 26 seconds gone. Then while in the dark I completely forgot about Bergverk Curve (That's what Peter Dyrelund told me it was called at least ;) ) and went straight through the armco and hit the invisible wall to stop me going off track. And while rejoining, got stuck in the armco again for about a minute and got overtaken by Peter, and never caught back up (the initial hit was at 142 kph, surprised the car still worked and had no punctures :confused:).

Next Saturday will be. Interesting. Or something.

Great fun tonight, although had a very bad stutter for the first sector on the opening lap. Apart from that no issues, visibility was poor but what do you expect at night...? Great fun, cant wait for next Saturday.

Congrats Chris for the win, shame i lost ground in the pits by stopping and having damage repaired unintentionally. Was a great fight

My main downfall was the drop in frames as it progressively got darker, eventually i was more or less looking at a black screen doing a slide show, i have no more learning left to do at Nords i literally know every cm for many years now.

I guess if you don't know you can try ALT+TAB, go in the processus list, "Set affinity" on the game and check all your processors, activate them basically.

I reckon in daylight with my PC, on GSC at Nords with 30 other cars I'd do 10 FPS, was doing 30 at Sebring in the VMC :p

New PC next month though :cool:

how much would it cost to transfer your knowledge of the track to my brain? :p

im really new to Nordschleife :S

I'd never driven it before (maybe like one or two laps on GT years and years ago) until after I signed up for the event. I've only just learned the first two sectors to the point where I don't need the track map to remind me, the final sector is still a mystery to me...

As I said in the initial annoucement for this event already, this is not something you can join at the last minute. A decent practice is required to run this track in the dark.

Is it doable? Definately. As most know, I am not the best and fastest driver around. However, with some minor adjustments to my driving style, I can get around the nords in the night without smashing my car. I am even not that much slower then in the light. The trick? Learning the track, learning the track and again, learning the track. You need to know exactly where you are at all times.

To me, it was simple. If I, with my limited track experience on the nords, and limited driving capability, can get around the track without crashing, the others should be able to do so as well. It's all a matter of self discipline, knowing the track, and keeping it together.

Take the time this week to practice. The server is open all week. You will see, it will go better and better each lap....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes