RD Le Mans Series Season 3 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed the start due to a power cut - really annoyed doesn't cut it... both myself and Nick had good pace and were looking forward to the event.

Thanks to all for racing this season.

Big thanks to George for his hard work this season - has been a pleasure to be part of this series. Thanks also to the other background team.

Hope to see you in S4 (or RD24hr) :).

Very disappointing result for SRVN. The Silver car crashed and couldn't be repaired and the Orange team had a runtime error when we where 3rd in class.

I did the second stint and my first hour was perfect with good laptimes and no mistakes. The second stint was in the dark and I struggeld a bit with the braking zones, but still everything went well. 3 laps before the pitstop I lost It in Indianapolis, didn't do anything different than the laps before but somehow lost control and hit the barrier. Had to much damage to continue and do the rest of the laps so we had to switch very fast. I think we lost 1,5 min, but Jan Wim Ensing drove a very good stint and brought us back to 3rd. And than we had the runtime error unfortunately.

Hopefully we have some more luck in the new season.

001lemans.jpg

02lemans.jpg

03Lemans.jpg

05Lemans.jpg

04Lemans.jpg

It was a dark and cold night out there, the P2 cars were only 10 mph faster so there was time for a good look on the way past. The last screen is of the RARE endurance Porsche which finished 2nd in class but with which we had a nice battle going on at midway in the race.

What a huge dissapointment that was yesterday. Only 4 laps into the race we got struck by that dreadfull runtime error. But ... eventually we kept our 2nd place overall. That is a great result for a first entry into a league with some of the best simracingteams around. A big thanks to George Talbot and the guys at RaceDepartment for making it all possible. Let's hope there will be a S4 in 2012. Cya at the Nordschleife.

I guess because we had issues with getting on GPCOS we wont show on the results proper? No issue as we were never fighting for anything other than the win but its always nice to see where we would of been.

Ps: wont it mess up the championship for others as they would get bumped up a position?

We seem to have a similar issue like Simon.

Although Artur Szykula's public GPCOS profile shows that he is part of team #41 (World Connect Competition), he is listed as a single driver in the official results while the team doesn't appear. I am not sure why this happend but I like to add that he had troubles to access his GPCOS account. He asked for help but the problem remained unsolved until race day. However we couldn't abandon him from the race after all the effort he put into it. That would have been very cruel!:(

Anyway I only want to know if this can be corrected in a way that Artur will be associated with team #41?

PS. I think it was Yoeri who was contacted by Artur. So please ignore this message if there is some work going on behind the curtains to fix the list. :oops:

Great first season for us with a completely new team.It was alot of fun to drive in such a competitive class,Abit sad other teams like My3Id Gaming droped out after some races.With 3 Poles,2 wins and 2 second places we where the fastest and consistent team out there and that ensured us the win and we become the P1 Champions.I realy think even Lemans would be on our list if we didnt made a mistake on the setup assignment.

We want to thank George Talbot and Yoeri for their great effort ,special thanks to the streaming guys who invested alot of time.

Now that the season has come to an end :( its time to reflect on the great season we took part in. We are interested to know your thoughts and feedback. Please copy and paste the template and fill in the blanks.

Series Length: Too long, too short or just right?

Classes Run: where you happy with the classes chosen?

Time/Day of Events: Earlier or later, or on a different day?

Test Races: Mandatory or optional?

Qualification: On race day or a few days before?

Forum Structure: Too confusing or well structured?

Additional Comments: Anything else that you would like to add about the series that you think should be changed or improved?

RD5 Replays Uploaded with data Report: Link

Teams have until Tuesday 22:00 GMT to submit a report. Please send me/Yoeri a PM with the time stamp of the incident, description and drivers involved.

Any late reports will be ignored.

Series Length: I think 5 rounds is about right IMO. I would like to see greater variation in length of the races (6 hours up till 12).

Classes Run: Again I'm happy with that. It follows the real life series.

Time/Day of Events: Happy as is.

Test Races: Optional, its not the best time of day currently for US based teams.

Qualification: On race day

Forum Structure: ok

Additional Comments: I'd like to see more variation of tracks. We've now had Sebring x3, Le Mans x3, Daytona x2, Road America x2 and Fuji x2. There must be more tracks out there we can use? Road Atlanta was a fresh change for example. Whilst I'm not normaly a fan of made up tracks; Old Ring and Rattlesnake Point used during season 1 where both fun. Of course it isn't always easy finding tracks that are suitable.

Series Length: Could have added a few more races, and then have the option to scratch the worst result, so it isn't that bad when you miss 1. Because often teams quit when they think they can't win the championship anymore, after missing 1 round.

Classes Run: As logn as all classes are full, it is fine. When we would start to see less teams per class, I would suggest limiting the amount of classes,

Time/Day of Events: Fine by me (GMT+1)

Test Races: Optional. As long as there is enough people attending. But as I wasn't at any test race, I can't really comment to this :p.

Qualification: Race day. Hard to commit another day to these races. If you want to do it some other day, let people have a week or something to do the laps. A system that Sim-Challenge used to have years ago. But, how it is right now, is fine to me.

Forum Structure: Well structured. Big improvement to last seasons!.

Additional Comments: As I suggest via teamspeak, let the GT2's qualify first, as then we can see usefull splittimes on our LCD screen. Now we see +X.000 seconds after sector 1, which isn't really motivating :p.
This season was a lot more strict when it comes to racing etiquette, and I liked that a lot. It was 1 of the reasons for me to come back to this series. Hopefully that will continue in the future, and we can have another good season.
Big respect to George for all the effort he put in and creating a wonderfull season!

Now if you excuse me, I have been too sweet for too long now, need to go to the dentist...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 3 1.4%