RD Le Mans Series Season 3 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Series Length: Could've been 2 races or so longer.

Classes Run: Yes, P1, P2, GT2 seems like good classes to run these events with, classes can run their own races, whithout being in each other ways.

Time/Day of Events: Was fine with me.

Test Races: I would say mandatory, but due to time differences it may not be possible for some teams, so ....

Qualification: On race day.

Forum Structure: Looks fine to me.

Additional Comments: I liked that the series was strict with the rules and handing out penalties, made the races more clean I think.
Imo the best season so far interms of organisation. Thanks to everyone involved :).

Series Length: 6-8 rounds would be better

Classes Run: ok for classes, only wish to more car variety in classes

Time/Day of Events: ok

Test Races: I would say mandatory, but I know, that's nearly impossible for some people in midweek, so - optional

Qualification: one day/few days/week before the race (will allow more focus on the race and reduce the time/rush of the final event)

Forum Structure: well structured

Additional Comments: S3 was one of the best organized leagues here at RD in which I took part. Only wish (main issue of our team this season) - consider about possibility of using some variants of soft, which helps to return to the race after disco or rF error.
Ah! And the tracks. Le Mans 1979 was very good choise. Some tracks need to be in calendar in any cases, like Le Mans and Sebring. Maybe need some rotation of one or two tracks (tracks "with history", and even old layots would be nice), but only without fictional tracks.

making numberplates light up, isn't that hard, BUT then it has to be coupled to the cars lights for example, wich doesn't look right at all... as far as i know it's not possible to make them "glow in the dark"

Is it? well, i did say as far as i know lol

We did some experimenting with it aswell, and yes while it's possible to a degree, we were not really happy with the endresults of it (getting it truly glow in the dark), so we did not persue it any further.

We offcourse, don't know everything, so for now i'll stand corrected :D

I've just watched most of the broadcast (some big chunks are missing here and there on youtube), and I want to clarify one thing that I have heared about myself.

I heared Stefan Persson joining the booth and Joakim explain what happened where we touched and Stefan span, but that is not what actually happened. At the porsche-kurves I span the car around at least twice for each time I was in the car because it felt very twitchy after being thrown into the walls from the start of the race. So when I was driving my later stints I dabbed the brakes up there to stabilize the car, and I did so also when Stefan was up behind me there. But Stefan was obviously able to keep a mutch higher speed through that corner comfortably than I was, and closed in quite a lot faster than expected for both of us, leading to a hit and spin for him.

Really sorry for this, Stefan, I had no intention of making you take evasive action. It was down to the fact that I did not trust my car enough around there in high speed, and you caught up with me at the precise wrong time. The only times I did not brake in those curves was when I span :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back