RD Le Mans Series Season 1 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After horrible problems with my computer right before the event and during qualifying, we decided to let Johan start the race so I had some time to at least try to figure out what was going wrong. I was still not sure, but the fact that the crashes only happened when I was not in the car were a bit reassuring so we planned to go for a driver change half way in the event. Johan did a great job getting the car in 4th place after having to start from the back.

When I took over, it was getting seriously dark on the track but I quickly got in the groove and started lapping consistently. Overall I had a good drive, with only a couple of minor incidents that did some damage to the bodywork. The biggest incident was in the last turn when an LMP overtook me and spun right in front of me. I had nowhere to go and the collision was rather hard. Luckily the Corvette is built to withstand some beating and over the course of the race I managed to move it into second place in class. Congratulations to my teammates in the LMP1 and GT2 classes, who drove their cars to great victories, and thanks to everybody for participating in this event.

Im far too broken to say much. Just thanks all for a brilliant race.

First RDLMS for me and I'm completely sold on it.

Cheers to the staff and the broadcast team.

we,ll done to everybody espeacially the teams that made to the end, had great fun out there in my stints till after a driver change we got a disco and that was it had to spectate, but still thats just the way it goes, looking forward to a full seris in these cars next season and hopfully were see the enduro races update patch berfore then too, was plesure to be on track with stuff a feild of talented drivers we,ll done all.

and a big shout to everyone at racedepment who made it happen and simon at psrtv for the 6hour broadcast great work guys

Having both our GT1 & GT2 entries line up second in qualifying 05 Motorsport were certainly looking for a strong showing in this our third Racedepartment Endurance event.

Having both Kieron Peace & Kevin Brents taking the first stints our Sebring campaign was of to a strong start & with a minimum of incidents by the first driver change both cars were looking pretty racy.Having encountered technical glitches in our previous races this time out all driver swaps went to plan with only a minor pedal malfunction hindering Tim Brooks time behind the wheel of the 05M DBR9.

I'd like to thank the 05 drivers as once again they performed brilliantly as evidenced by the teams second place result in GT2 whilst our GT1 car filled the final podium position in its class.

Congratulations to all other podium finishers & to all who greeted the chequered flag after 6 Hours of racing.

I'd like to also thank all involved in the organisation of this series & a big thank you to Simon Smith for his unique brand of commentary.

We hope to back for another series of Racedeparment Endurance racing next season.

The 100% Un-Offical Thankyou thread

Just a quick post to say thank you to the staff here at RD for putting this series on. Its been enjoyable (even if I didn't finish a race) and I look forward to the next one.

I hope the RD as a league has learnt as much about putting on this type of race as we the teams have about taking part. I know next season will be bigger and better.

Bring it on.

Big grins all around when the three Simracing For Holland cars crossed the finish line together in P1, P2 and P1 :D

Our GT2 race was very uneventful. Wilfred managed to take the lead of more than a lap before he handed the car over to me for the second part of the race. I just had to bring it home quick enough to take the win, which I did. In the last part of the race I was tempted to race the P2 car to lap him but lots of traffic and some cars blowing up engines made me think twice and I finished the race shortshifting on boost 1. Unlike in some other races, this time we managed to complete the race without damage.

In the meantime the LMP1 race kept us entertained, with Dennis and Matthijs finally being able to swap cars without disconnecting, but or the first time not being in the lead when it counted. The thriller going down in the last hour was great to watch - from our point of view. Great drama makes great races, this time SFH was on the winning end. We can only hope to see more races like this.

The second place in GT1 is a lot more than we'd have bargained for just before the race started, with Marcel's ominous PC trouble. Very well done, Johan and Marcel!

However rough around the edges the races at RDLMS may have been, I must say I really enjoyed the whole package with four competing classes and the live stream really adding to the events. I wouldn't mind a bit more strict scrutinizing of driving behaviour, and I'd like to see more of a championship points table in stead of separate racing events, but all in all we owe a big BIG thank you to all the guys that made this work. Thank you very much, it's been fun!

Brilliant end to a brilliant series. We have only done half the races in the series but personally have enjoyed them all. This race was brilliant end. We finished 5th after some good driver by all our drivers. Really enjoyed watching the event with Simons fantastic commentry to keep the entertainment going. Really want to be part of the seaosn two :).

Thanks to Chris, Yoeri and anyone else involved in organising this. RD for facilitating this brilliant series. And Simon for his commentry on all the races. (Was infact the rattlesnake point round that got me to sign up to the racing side of RD :p).

From my POV personaly this series has been fantastic. Top notch organizing and stuff. Thanks to Yoeri and Chris for their hard work organizing this however while the last two rounds have had fantastic organization, I think this round it was a bit carried away with the exclusive VLM deal, in truth at times some of the communication and information was a bit late. This round went amazing, there were a few issues server side but meh 6 hours of racing it doesn't really matter if we have teething problems at the start :p. The race itself was incredible action packed was good driving by all.

I want to say thank you to a number of people.
Chris Aponte - for letting me race in this one, despite my official ban. It was most kind of you and I enjoyed my stint until my rFactor crashed. Ho hum, these things happen. Thanks also for organising the champ and making it such a success.
Bram - for keeping control of the server in difficult times, like at the start of this race and the whole of the mod staff at RSP. Both times solutions were found and people were kept happy. Great job, Bram, and great job guys!
Simon Smith - For being a genius behind the mic and for wasting hours of his life chatting away and keeping us all entertained and informed. Helped calm the nerves when I wasn't racing. :)

Also a big thank you to everyone I raced with for being level-headed, calm, quick (at times annoyingly so) and generally having a very high standard.

Thanks to everyone one involved in setting the league up and creating the mod used. Also thanks to Simon for his great commentaries and everyone who took part this season. It has been great and I am looking forward to season 2 :)

A good race for the Noble Car again, 3 finishes in a row now and 2 outright podiums :) ...... not without some drama though.

Race started badly when my steering locked up after resetting my FFB as we pulled away on the parade lap. Resulted in me spun in the middle of the grid as mentioned... so starting from the back.

Me and Ric then fought our way up and the pace meant that as i took over at the end again we had a nice run to the flag. Then 1:10 minutes out disaster struck and i got a puncture. Pitted and got the car fixed but knew I could not make the fuel last till the end so filled up the car, tore of a grille tape, and ramped the boost up to 5. We were now level with the car behind and I had just an hour to sprint a pitstops worth of time from them. Went well and when i took the final stop with 20 minutes to go i came out just behind them, we battled for a few laps but with the improved boost still available i knew we had the advantage.

Ultimately though the other epsilon spun lapping a porsche and i was able to sneak through and pull away again... bit relief :)

Feedback

-The overall running of the league has exceeded my expectations. Well done.
-I would like to see the decisions about track and all start/server information be given in advance by a couple of weeks. As prep time for 1x, 2x, different circuits and time(tyre temps and chassis predictability) takes a lot of time if you want to be at the top of the time sheets. An example is this version of Sebring, the kerbs for prototype cars are lethal! 6 hours avoiding those was impossible as everybody had a little spin etc.
-Track choices could maybe following the alms or similar events going on at the time. Like the GT cars at spa were a couple of weeks ago and I think, and the alms are at Road America this weekend.
-The issues about finding additional drivers could hopefully be looked into. I recruited a driver he dropped when he couldn't go fast enough, I found another he got my p2 set-up and then just msg'd me to say he couldn't race, yet low and behold he raced last night in a p2 car...but maybe this is individual teams issues...What to do about this I don't know maybe a little rank about punctuality and whether they have stacked it in the past, like recommendations?
-Distribution of skins and tracks etc, could maybe handled like fsr and prestogp(fpes) with an updater you just run to install new skins and track textures etc. This I believe would eliminate people running old packs and causing issues etc.
-Commentary I believe Simon should be kept and satisfied at all costs as he makes the long races more fun than say the fsr commentary which is all business. With the broadcast could it be made to cover qualification as every time I watch these races the start is either missed or we have quality issues for first 30 mins.
-The car choices. A team that keeps a p1/2 car yet is consistently 5+ secs off the pace is not promoting competition in my opinion. Yet on the other hand they do show up and race without trashing the car so maybe a nil point here. It would be nice to see fast teams allowed promotion to the next class like gt2 winners being given the chance to race gt1 next event etc.

Other than that, great job guys and I thank you for all the hard work and time spent helping myself and others :cool:

Regards
Chris Jacque

Ten Sixty Six Racing finished their first RDLMS race after taking part in every event. Phew we made it at last, we had a few scrapes along the way, was given a couple of knocks and dished a couple out (sorry to anyone we had contact with) and our car was a bit the worse for wear at the end but we took the chequered flag, thanks to the organisers RD and Simon and roll on S2.

DSC Motorsports had a good event. Started in 7th, we then dropped back because we had to make an emergency driver change. We got back up to 7th by the half way mark and then Lee and I just brought the car home to 5th place. Very happy and I didn't bin it! :)

Thanks to all those that made it possible, Simon for his brilliant commentary for 7 hours, and all the guys who entered :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes