RD iRacing Road Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple question, Would you participate if race department started a MX-5 series? I think back to how much fun I had in the mini races on race on. I think the MX-5 is just as if not more fun. I know it is a rookie car, raced on only 2 tracks but with a wider selection of tracks and some good drivers that race department has, I think this would be a lot of fun. So vote maybe we can persuade the powers to be to act on this before some other site does.

Name: Karl Brankin
By signing up, I have agreed to the championship rules and format.

After really enjoying the club race at Road Atlanta sign me up please - might struggle to make the first round but should be okay for the rest.

^^^ If we get a vote on that - I'd say no lock-in required, as there are only the two models and they are essentially the same (even with the gearbox difference). Personally, I plan on using the Cup car the whole way (I own a LHD, 5 speed Miata) myself.

I would honestly have to say lock it in as well. My reasons for this is as we all know they are essentially the same car, but they really aren't. On some courses people swear one is better than the other, and then on a different course the other may be better. Having the cars locked could make it more interesting to see who does better where and with what car. This would also give someone a chance to get closer to a win or have the upper hand at least for one race. However with this being open setups would it really matter?

Also for anyone using custom MX-5 paints for the season. Please post your link from Trading Paints here and I will put together a skinpack for everyone to download before the race.

So far the custom skins that I have are from Longshot Racing from Glenn and Eric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes