RD GT Championship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not penalizing someone for poor in game code, even the contrary, as I didn't check the replay in the tracks that the slow down zone starts even before the line which indicates the pitlane start, therefore if someone was able to keep the car under control they could go as fast as they wanted, because the game forced them to go into the required speed when needed.

The rules say that drivers have to keep the maximum pitlane speed, and the sentence you highlighted that follows it implies the penalties won't be revoked, it doesn't say anything about which way the rules will be enforced. I've reminded that specific rule when I sent a pre-race PM to the drivers on rounds 1-3 (including team managers), I wasn't able to send it to rounds 4-5, but it doesn't mean the rule ceased to exist because I didn't make a friendly reminder.

Just see that the majority of the field slowed down as expected when entering the pits, don't try to make up an exception where there isn't one.
So in my case, you're going to penalize me for not knowing a rule that I couldn't possibly know? The information was not available to me. Given that I'll already be getting penalties for exceeding track limits, why don't you consider this unfair?

How could I know?

Had it been written in the rules that I was able to access before the race then it would be a different story.

You agree there is no mention in the rules how it will be enforced, but that's exactly my point if you read other rules sections, breaches of those rules specifically mention a post race or mid-race penalty. There is no ambiguity with these rules.

The only thing stated regarding pit lane speeding is that any penalty given during the session [given by the game] cannot be revoked. But clearly one can't receive a penalty in AC.

You can't penalize someone based on principle if it isn't written in stone with the rules. It says one must be at the speedlimit at all times in the pitlane but it does NOT say that if the game won't penalize you, that the admin will. Therefore you couldn't possibly penalize someone for that, as to do so doesn't follow the rules that are written.

If no penalty is suggested within the rules upon a violation of a rule then it's impossible to give a penalty for that breach, as no penalty system has been agreed on for that specific breach of regulation.

Come on what is this a serious rules system subject to change? Or some arbitrary penalty giving depending on the individuals? Is it really too much lost pride to leave the speeding penalties for this round and amend the rules to cover the hole for the next round? I don't think so, it's the integral thing to do.

Last edited:
So in my case, you're going to penalize me for not knowing a rule that I couldn't possibly know? The information was not available to me. Given that I'll already be getting penalties for exceeding track limits, why don't you consider this unfair?

How could I know?

The message was sent to your team and they should have informed you on this.

"In the pitlane drivers have to keep to the maximum pitlane speed. They are advised to use the pit limiter if it is available on the car. Penalties received through speeding in the pitlane cannot and will not be revoked. When the pitlane ends the driver is back on the track. He may then speed up as he likes."

Please tell me where it mentions the game will apply those penalties. Honestly I can't see it.

The message was just a reminder, the rule was always there in first place.

"In the pitlane drivers have to keep to the maximum pitlane speed. They are advised to use the pit limiter if it is available on the car. Penalties received through speeding in the pitlane cannot and will not be revoked. When the pitlane ends the driver is back on the track. He may then speed up as he likes."

Please tell me where it mentions the game will apply those penalties. Honestly I can't see it.
Likewise where does it say the admin will give the penalty? Where does it say what penalty system will be used? It doesn't. It's written this way because it's with the intention that the game will manage speeding penalties and only the game.

The IMPLICATION is that the penalty comes through the game and therefore cannot be removed post-race. That's the reality of the source of these rules. Every other game RD uses has pitlane speeding penalties managed by the game itself and NOT by the admins. There is no mention it will be any different in the rules.

I mean if you really want me to get into it, where, if anywhere is it even specified what the "maximum" speed limit is anyway? No, I don't think there is anywhere. So you can't penalize someone from exceeding 80kph anyway, as the game wouldn't penalize you for it so the game doesn't consider it as pitlane speeding, so as far as the game is concerned, there IS no speedlimit, it just locks you to a maximum speed.

Nowhere in the game is it actually specified what the speed limit is.

At the end of the day, when rules are not specified on maximum speed limit, the game is what takes precedence, and since the game doesn't penalize a player for exceeding the pitlimiter speed then the admins can't penalize them either unless there was a rule in place specifying the speed limit in numbers.

Last edited:
Round 5 - Red Bull Ring GP
Final Results can be found HERE

Qualifying
Driver: @Flammenjc (Jake Cooper)
Penalty: 5 Second Penalty added to total race time.
Reason: Breach of article 6.1 during a qualy lap.
Evidence: Video
Note: Penalty removed due to driver achieving a fast lap enough for a 2nd place without breaching track limits.

Race

Penalty: 20 Second Penalty added to total race time.
Reason: Breach of article 6.1 multiple times during the race
Evidence: Video + Stewards race review
Reason: Breach of article 6.6, entered the pitlane way above the pit limiter speed.
Evidence: Video + Stewards race review
Penalty: 3 points deduction from standings (minor incident).
Reason: Breach of article 6.3A, used contact as means to make the pass.
Penalty: 5 second penalty added to total race time.
Reason: Breach of Article 6.1: Completed overtaking move exceeding track limits without giving gained advantage back.
Evidence: Video (0:22 to 0:40)
Driver: @Geof (Geoffroy Tassenoy)
Penalty: No action taken, racing incident.
Reason: Incident was a result of a huge car pile and wasn't avoidable by any of the drivers.
Driver: @Glaurung (Giuseppe Iaria)
Reason: There is no intent or reckless driving by Guiseppe, just a reaction in the moment because of the incident.
Reason: Jake doesn't change his line, the car outside turns in and causes the contact.
Penalty: 5 Seconds added to total race time
Reason: Entering the pits above limiter speed
Evidence: Stewards review
Driver: @Enzo Fazzi
Penalty: 5 Seconds added to total race time
Reason: Entering the pits above limiter speed
Evidence: Stewards review
Driver: @Alexis Clapano
Penalty: 15 Second Penalty added to total race time.
Reason: Breach of article 6.1 multiple times during the race
Evidence: Stewards race review
Driver: @Tuomas Tähtelä
Reason: Breach of article 6.1 during the race
Evidence: Stewards race review
Driver: @Ricardo Edelmann
Evidence:Stewards race review
Driver: @Glaurung (Giuseppe Iaria)
Evidence:Stewards race review

Last edited:
I mean if you really want me to get into it, where, if anywhere is it even specified what the "maximum" speed limit is anyway? No, I don't think there is anywhere. So you can't penalize someone from exceeding 80kph anyway, as the game wouldn't penalize you for it so the game doesn't consider it as pitlane speeding, so as far as the game is concerned, there IS no speedlimit, it just locks you to a maximum speed.
If the game limits you to 80Kph then it is reasonable to think that is the speed you have to slow down unless you want to lose time in the pit road. Really, at this point you are just making assumptions trying to justify a rule breach.

The stewards' job is to enforce the rules, which specified you have to keep the pitlimiter speed on the pit road, you didn't and got a penalty for it, simple as that.

Funny thing is you were defending yourself before even the penalties were out, now they are and the penalty was more than reasonable, as the advantage gained was about 5 seconds.
Just learn and move on to the next round.

Around 6 or 7 IIRC. All of them at the penultimate corner if it helps.
Ok thanks, I didn't expect you to be so strict. I guess I need to be more careful next race.

Just wondering, what exactly is counted as going over the white lines? Is it at least 1 tyre inside the line or 2 tyres? And is it about having some part of a tyre inside the line, or is just touching the white line enough to not have a cut? In ACRL having at least one tyre touching the white line is enough to not get a cut.

Ok thanks, I didn't expect you to be so strict. I guess I need to be more careful next race.

Just wondering, what exactly is counted as going over the white lines? Is it at least 1 tyre inside the line or 2 tyres? And is it about having some part of a tyre inside the line, or is just touching the white line enough to not have a cut? In ACRL having at least one tyre touching the white line is enough to not get a cut.
As long as you have two tires on the white line (directly above it) it is fine per RD rules.

Flyer Round6.jpg

The Final Round of the season. And what better venue could we use?

General Information

Date: Saturday 17th December 2016
Server Name: RDGTC Round #6 - Spa-Francochamps
Extra Gridslots Version Download: CLICK HERE
Skin Pack: DOWNLOAD HERE
Virtual Time of Day:
13:30
Track Grip: 98% Increasing
Conditions: 15 -18ºC Ambient / 24º - 30º track
Livetiming: click here

Race Schedule
  • 18:00 GMT (18:00 BST) | Free Practice | 90 minutes
  • 19:30 GMT (19:30 BST) | Qualifying | 30 minutes
  • 20:15 GMT (20:15 BST) | Race | 1H 30min - Standing Start
All drivers must be present in the server at the start of qualifying.

Technical Notes
Track Length: 7.004 km
Top speed: 290 km/h
Turns: 21 in total. (11 right, 10 left)

Track Map & Red Zone:
The red zone for Round 6 applies from the start finish line to the exit of Eau Rouge during the first lap of the race. Incidents that occur in this zone will be automatically looked at and may be punished more severely.
sparedzone.jpg

Track Limits
Article 6.1 of the 2016 RaceDepartment League Regulations states that all drivers must maintain at least two wheels within the white lines of the track at all times when under normal control of their car. A lift-off to give back time gained ensures a penalty won't be applied.

[Matheus Note on track limits following soon]

Teamspeak
Teamspeak will be Mandatory for the league, as the race director may use whisper messages to communicate everything needed. Make sure to properly set up TS for whispers, using the same settings as the screenshot below. Speakers must be activated at all times during qualifying and race.
SUR9uAL.jpg

When joining the server you can create your team's subchannel following the steps listed below. You are free to lock it with a password.
BpoQtFq.jpg

2NZvBgt.jpg

Provisional Driver List for Round 6 (Green means team is confirmed) :

@Matheus Machado, @Craig Patteson, @Sunny Sky Speed, @Stelios, @Frank, @Jimlaad43, @Sean Butters, @Jose Vasconcelos, @Jonas Hillert or @Quentis Gillispie , @ARG1980, @speedyx56, @Herbie, @s73, @Shawn Jacobs

Dear Managers, you don't need to confirm your drivers, this is mere optional, but it might help us for the spotter guide and getting data out beforehand. :)

Matheus' note
: Please ask your drivers to do at least a lap on the server before race day. We need the Steam GUIDs to asssign the skins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back