RD GT Championship 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies for not actually racing. I was in a meeting I expected to be shorter than it turned out to be. I did sneak in a Q lap, but I really couldn't race and discuss at the same time.

The real problem started at about 30 minutes from the end, as I got a second cut-warning, just 1 lap after my first.
Especially the second warning was a complete joke and not even close to something like a cut

I started my hotlap in quali and broke well for the first corner. Rode the curb, but I wouldn't class it as a cut. There was more car on the track than the curb, yet it penalised me and made my lap invalid. So that was a bit of a bummer. And then my brake would only work once it got to half way/three quarters. So my braking was all over the place, and it also meant at times I was braking later than I would normally as there was no response.

Server 2

Qualified in 2’nd place, and finished in 2’nd place

Not much to say, already after the opening laps the gap back to 3’d place where so big that there were no need to watch the mirrors any more.
Kept up with Bram decently during the first stint only losing some 10’th per lap.

Bram where blistering fast in the pits and I lost some more onto 1’st spot and also when rejoining I was in heavy traffic with cars to be lapped.
All behaved well while lapping, but some I would not call “helpful” since they where racing full even if they got a warning or two.

The gap to Bram kept increasing, and towards the back it was massive, so I decided to ease off and preserve my 2’nd spot and cruised home.

No battles (except with some lappers) and no incidents…..

Thanks all racers, and grats to Bram for the win.

1f - 2r wing for me. Car felt pretty stable with a tad oversteer in a couple of corners.

RE: the stop&go cutting, this has always been a problem with Monza since GTR1 days. In our league (SROUK) somebody edited the track and moved the cut warning boundaries slightly futher out and this much improved the racing at this track. Maybe some clever stick here can do the same for the Race/Evo Monza track.

Very short race for me sadly. Had connection problems all night, probably due to last two days storm and heavy rain. I was still hoping that I can make it. First drop out happened at the end of free practice but luckily I could rejoin with enough time to complete qualy. Got a decent but not really flawless hot lap with a time of 1:54:400 in spite of less than 10 laps practice before. Then a second drop out during warmup. And that was it... :frown:
Later my net connection went completely down couldn't even post to the forum.
I missed the paint swapping with the good ol' rivals.:wink:

At least I had some fun in the weekend at hungaroring...:cool:

1f - 2r wing for me. Car felt pretty stable with a tad oversteer in a couple of corners.

RE: the stop&go cutting, this has always been a problem with Monza since GTR1 days. In our league (SROUK) somebody edited the track and moved the cut warning boundaries slightly futher out and this much improved the racing at this track. Maybe some clever stick here can do the same for the Race/Evo Monza track.

No please leave it as it is, the good part is that equel for all drivers

i
Me and team mate Tom had real problems behind 5th placed car Brendan Boss as he had really bad lag for lap after lap making it near impossible to stay close. Unfortunately on about lap 5 or so, it caused a problem for all 3 of us at T1. No idea who had initial contact but Brendans car leapt backwards several feet then lightwarped forward instantly and Tom was sideswiped.
Aye, forgot to mention that. I could follow Brendan closely in the first opening laps 'cause of the crowd in front of him, but I was afraid to come too close 'cause he was jumping back and front and sideways. Wireless, some down/uploading on another PC? Experience in other racing leagues show that wireless connection is a spoiler of races as the car(s) act wierdly in close situations - as was shown in this case as well. Not saying that I'd be higher up than I was in the end but I got a bit miffed early.:frown: Even so, I enjoyed this race and see you on the next.:cool:

To be honest it doesn't give you a cut warning if you stay within the white lines so it's fine, it's probably a bit harsh that if you do it again after a s&g it gives you instantly another one, mistakes can happen. I did the mistake to cut Ascari & Roggia a couple of times, and it gave me s&g even though I didn't win anything with that (I lost tbh), but yea that's in the pack, this track doesn't like mistakes as much as others, but at least gets those who always cut corners no matter what track they're driving on (and not because of a mistake), because there are some guys who do that even here on RD.

Ouch, first off apologies to those around me who experienced me lagging. Was fine my end but of course we all know that it's others who feel the sharp end.

I am wired to my router, and I don't think the other half was on the laptop yesterday at the time - although it is a possibility.

As for the 18 laps I did before quitting out - was mostly driving alone with a few close ones thrown in. I'll do a short vid edit to show how those incidents described by others appeared from my pov.

Once again, I fail to finish but that's not to say I didn't enjoy what racing there was to be had.

Server 2 race report

I was glad to have the race yesterday because I was forced to skip the previous stage.:)

Q: I rode a not bad lap, but, as in Brno, I made ​​a mistake on the last corner. I was beginning to bear out of Parabolica and I even had to slow down. Because I was ready, that take up a place outside the top ten (loss of speed during acceleration in the Parabolica is usually very expensive), but the margin of time allowed me to even take the fifth place.

R: As for Bram and Jan, the race has turned to me more as a struggle with myself. From the start I chose a pace that will allow me to get to the finish without a stop-n-go's. I almost immediately succeeded in entering the third pos and I gradually started to build my advantage over the pursuers.
Was the only tense moment when I was overtaken by Dag Erik Lund after a pit stop (I even thought that he had decided not to change tires as he quickly made ​​a pit stop :D). But after a few laps, I realized that he had a stop-and-go, and my 3-th place in no danger, except myself.:tongue:
In the end I finished third.

Thanks to RD/Bram and all gents for the race.

P.S. Guys, please be careful when you've finished the race. Behind you may be riders who still go another lap. Thus, they can still fight for position, and those who have finished already, can interfere.

How can that happen. When time runs out the race is still active until the leader crosses the line. Once they have crossed the line the flag is out and its the last lap for everyone else. So if you are a second in front of the leader you'll have to do another lap. But if he laps you just before the line, your race is finished when you cross the line. So if you have finished anyone behind you after the start/finish line will have finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes