RD GT Championship 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
You surprise me every week more and more that you have absolutely no clue about racing rules Andreas :)

Fighting for a position a driver is entitled to block the attacking driver one time per corner or straight. If that means you can't get passed a driver that "isn't really your opponent" you should be able to get around him quickly in a clean way. If that doesnt work he is your opponent :)

Right Bram, sure on track he is an opponent for me. I meant it more from the time difference cause the unequal tyres at this point. It was only quite hard to overtake on this track, nearly impossible without a mistake despite the big time difference.
But only if you notice from behind anybody is coming with closes each lap about 2 sec, you could maybe make it not so hard for him cause Danny had could know i have newer tyres and have maybe other plans then run all the rest of time (think about 25 - 30 min) behind him. He didn´t, so i have to live with it, it´s his right for sure. Only i couldn´t make the best of my race with the 2 stops. Hope it´s now understandable althought i think you understand it before also ?

And to the rest of your comment, from first race it was claer to me that i have absolutely no chance to win, also not if everybody have to make two stops, i only mentioned it would make it more interesting cause the many different strategies which are possible. If you want a tyre saver league (like a fuel saver league :rolleyes: in the past), it´s ok. I´m not the organizer.
For example i´m not sure if Peter or Marcin enjoy it a lot to drive 45 min, make a stop and drive another 45 min. Maybe with two stops they had more to do, also with fighting each other (if they do this, i´m unsure what fun they do at the top :wink:).
But due nobody else had something against this, then everything is fine. Nothing to change, i´m not forced to drive, that´s my own intend.

As Bram said your a sprint racer and most of us are enduro guys and you have to teach your self how to play the long game
No, i´m not
68.gif
! I did already some endurance races over 3h in the old club for example and this in the same way how i drive ever. Is it not nice that there are different way´s to drive
icon_smile.gif
? Else it would be maybe a bit boring. And btw. 90min is for me still no endurance race, specially if you need only 1 stop. Min 2h are required and more then 1 stop, then i would agree it´s an endurance race.

Thanks for the discussion, specially to Ramon´s words which i sadly spun in race -
8.gif

Keep up the racing spirit Andreas.

Btw, I don't think it was specially created this way to drive on Tire-management. also it was not designed in the previous league to drive on fuel saving economy mode.
Since the BMW M3 League in GTR2 the GTC leagues are 90mins. Independent of the car. Maybe it is a good point of discussion for the next GTC league to figure out if we should make the race longer so everyone need at least 2 stops, or make 2 stops mandatory... etc.etc.
All open points for discussion.

For the current league, the decision is made and it is the same situation for everyone. There are more drivers struggling with tires, since I passed a few in the three rounds.
Still the fun should be to bring it home safe and still have some tires left.

Btw, Vettel was also 1+ sec /lap slower then Alonso/Button. Still he was sure to 'block' the faster cars behind him. That is racing.
Also in mid-field we saw it several times with Schumacher when he once again burned his rear-tires and was only able to defend/defend/defend.

See you in Monza. Less camber/less of everything, maybe it will work out with the tires :)

Good point Ramon..as about a race report from me..nothing special to say..i qualified 4th but finished 8th...not concentrating as i should at the beginning of the race..and after 30 min my car was hard to handle as you did saw in the last 3 laps when you overtook me..i could have defended but i was nervous and loosing concentration..i can say i'm not so enduro as others are,but sprinter for sure:D
Cheers.

Lol! Nice report! What did happen to you? You started of good and then all of a sudden you where all over the place!

Yeah, my rear end tires went really hot I think, then I just started to drift more and more. Lost my BMW somewhere on the track and was very far back So. Let's practice for Monza. :)

Steve, surely you have worked it out by now that the only way to go is 1 stop strategy. You may have to compromise on your race setup so the tyres last or even change your driving style a bit but 2 stops, unless your really fast, is too slow as it takes around 25 secs a stop. Even if your 1.5/2 secs a lap slower on worn rubber at the end it's still faster than a 2 stopper.

I still think there are some options for 2 stopper but you need to do some testing in practice and time the pit lanes entry to exit then monitor those around you during practice see what kind of time they are doing too. R1 and R2 i done 2 stops and have a 4th and 5th place. unfortunately missed round 3 due to attending a family funeral but who knows what monza will bring? this time my mind is currently on a 1 stop though - not really a big challenging twisty lap to kill tyres :)

I made a P19 in race.. and I have to say I am really outpaced at group 1 where I really don´t belong to. Just to fast guys for me.

Anyhow, ending P19 on Group1 is a kind of -6 position from Group 2, and I will have to consider it like this in order to keep on doing my best.

Thanks to all the admins and organicers!

I made a P19 in race.. and I have to say I am really outpaced at group 1 where I really don´t belong to. Just to fast guys for me.

Anyhow, ending P19 on Group1 is a kind of -6 position from Group 2, and I will have to consider it like this in order to keep on doing my best.

Thanks to all the admins and organicers!

How many starters in group 1? 20 or 21? That means you'll be back in group 2 for Monza doesn't it? I think I'd also more enjoy to be fighting for a top 10 position in group 2 compared to struggling at the back in group 1 and getting lapped 4 times by all the aliens... lol! :D

All drivers that didnt report absence for the last round have been removed from the start grid for the Monza round. The absent drivers of group 1 that did report it last week have been relegated.
Normally on the bottom 3 relegate but with five absentees it would have been a bit arbitrair to make a random pick who would relegate so we decided to relegate all five drivers and promote the top 5 of last weeks group 2 race.

Good luck on Monza!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play