RD GT Championship 2010 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
After two no-scores, I was hoping to at least finish this race. Fortunately I did, though it wasn't as good a race as I had hoped for.

Qualifying: Lucky 13. :tongue: I finally figured out what to do with the car to get some consistent times and got below 1:42 for the first time...

Race: Sorry Adam for the bump up the rear at the final corner of the formation lap - it caused a bit of an accordion effect. From the start of the race onwards I was constantly getting overtaken. I have no idea what was wrong with my car, but on the straight (where the GTO should have been strong) people were continually slipstreaming past me.I benefitted from others pitting for repairs etc. and had a fun battle with Neil. I made some amateur mistakes and lost a heap of time trying to keep the car under control, and grappled with a loose srew on my accelerator pedal in the final laps. I finished 14th.

Thanks for the race guys, it was fun... :)

Was a nice race but very tough. Managed a new PB in qualy which put me in p23... not last so good enough for me! :)
Then had a nice start of the race, could follow a few drivers and actually got to race a bit :wink:. Made some little mistakes and a few spins though dropping me back. Bit of sloppy driving as I was getting tired. But in the end I managed to bring it home (again) undamaged on p20.

Thanks to all racers and the staff!! :cool:

I struggled to come to grips with the lack of grip on this track and opted to skip qualy as i was just too inconsistent in the heavy braking zones and did not want to possibly cause a pile up in t1 mid pack.

Race was cool. I guess having to really drive in anger helped with being consistent and not overshooting t1 anymore and made up a couple of places and got to within 2 to 3 secs of Remco about half way. Tried my best to close the gap, but to no avail. Lap after lap the gap just stayed the same. Got worried about tyre wear a bit as the rf was going off. Only knew I'd make it when 10 mins left popped up.

Put in a banzai lap with 5 mins to go, closed to within a sec of Remco, hoping the pressure would cause a mistake, but that was all I could give. Good driving mate! :)

Thanks all, cya at the next one.

Had great fun again, not to many battles but needed to control the gap with Marc :)

Qualy 11th and finished as 11th, could have been better if I didnt spun in the first or 2nd lap of the race...back to 18th place. Needed to climb in the standing and have had some luck with winning positions.
With Marc on my tail, within 2 and 2.5 seconds for the 2nd half of the race I tried to do some tyre managment to keep them good when it will come to a fight. Was able to control the gap until the last few minutes, he came very close. I made 2 or 3 small mistakes but nothing very off so I could bring the car home at 11th.

Good racing, enjoyed it :)

Next week Algarve, cant wait!

good race for me today,

florian build a quite good set for his GTO that also worked on my CTS ;)
as i was on vacation up to last night that helps very much

quali
was surprising for me with pb, as i did not test that before

race
was really hard for me as i could not get harald out of my mirror :)
the biggest problem for me was not to be able to go a constant speed
so i tried at least to make no mistakes as long as harald was very close behind me and it works
grats gregory and harald really good pace
and grats all comming to finishline :cool:

matthias

From 14th to 7th finish?,and not a single dull moment to relax from the start,constant racing close with various people like Adz Hutch Nige Stefan,good late push on Jan but messed it up after making great progress getting the gap to under 2secs,the car still drove ok late in the race despite the fact i finished with both front tyres and the rear left on 1 red dot of life,the rear right had 2 red dots.

Grats Greg and podiums
Thank You Remco/Ivo & RD

Qualified in a 5’th position

I think i am beginning to understand setting up these cars…. (maybe…)

I now have a cars that feels fast and stable for the first 2-4laps, then turns into a nervous wreck for some 6-10 laps more, and then with worn tires getting steady and nice to drive again.
Now I only need to tune it into being stable during the whole race….. lol :tongue:

At the beginning of the race, when I was into the nervous wreck phase, i pretty soon had Ivo glued to my rear bumper following tight.
I tried to hold hem behind but after some laps i couldn’t do much about it and Ivo passed me “stealing” my 5’th place.
Then when the car was into my worn but steady phase I followed Ivo some 2-3s behind for many laps, sometimes gaining half a second for the lap thereafter loose it again.
That was a fun part of the race.

Then somewhere around mid race we came up to a backmarker that spun in T4, Ivo passed nicely but I came a bit out of my optimum racing line and managed to spin.

Ivo was of in the distance but I managed to keep my 6’th place.
During the rest of the race other racers was up in the 7’th spot aiming for me and my 6’th, but I always had a bit more speed in reserve and managed to keep them from closing the gap.

Some backmarkers needs to start using there mirrors and obey the blue flag instead of trying to keep away in front.

Great race all…. and grats to the podium guys.

Considering i only did around 12 laps in preparation for this race for this race i was pleasantly surprised at the pace i could hold although i could of had better luck in the race.

I was the slowest Skyline in qual but only 2 tenths off of Eggbeers time so enough for 15th on the grid. Followed Gary around in 12th place until he got past Eggbeer then i started to close on the Skyline in front until he lost it at turn 4 and was like a moving chicane in front of me as he spun i and the car behind me tried to go around the outside but Adam started going backwards on the track and blocked our way so we had a coming together and it was down to 15th place again :frown: and now into the clutches of Rhys who then a lap later proceeded to give me a helping hand around turn 2 which sent me spinning off again :frown: but just a wee mistake on his part and he sat there waiting for me so np, back to the grind with the tyre burner again but this time down to 17th.

Managed to claw it back to 14th but by now 3 of my tyres are totally buggered and one has just one red dot left so i pitted on lap 21 for some new rubber. Exited the pits in 19th right behind Gary and Nigel with Jari not far behind, let Jari through at the end on one lap and then tried to hound him for a lap or so until my tyres started to overheat again then it was all i could do to stay behind him. So a lowly 19th place in a nice car with Mickey mouse tyres was just about right i guess :sleep:

first of all i would like to appologise to lee palmer, sorry for our little bit of contact.
as for the race it was ok just made too many mistakes.good racing by all and most of all i had fun(bit gutted about the old man having a DNF on the outlap).looking forward to next race see you all soon.

Never go well at Interlagos and the same applies again this time.

Quali: Slower than my PB which is highly disappointing considering the track is better in Quali. Got 12th.

Race: Couple of nudges on the formation lap (No worries Rhys) and made up a couple of places in the opening lap when others went off. Had a good battle with Gary for several laps but I knew sooner or later he was going to get past and he did when I made a mistake in turn. Kept the gap constant until I lost it under braking for turn 4 a few laps later. Received some bad damage after being driven into during the spin which wrecked my already poor straight-line speed. Was down in 14th before Marc overtook me the lap before my stop. I pitted and got some fresh tyres and was making grounds on the cars in front again. Made a couple of places with other guys going off but I knew a couple of extra laps were needed and I could of gained 2 more. Finished 17th in the end.

Thanks to Remco, Ivo, RD, and all those who raced :)

I have the biggest opologizing to do, on the outlap, trying to get some heat into my tires going down the back straight, Nigel (Carls Dad) infront of me, I weaved back into place, went to hit the throttle and then brake to warm the brakes up, Nigel wasnt at the same constant speed as me and as I went to brake, locked up and tapped the rear, he went spinning into the wall, and as I tried to wait for him, his car was destroyed meaning that I also quit, thinking it would be totally unfair to keep going. I am really sorry for destroying your race before lap 1. I realise I will most probably get a penalty for it, but I want you to know I didnt mean any of it. Lack of consentration in the braking meant it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 433 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 270 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 289 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 169 27.1%
Back