RD GT Championship 2010 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there is enough interest to hold 2 divisions so an interesting option would be to run 2 leagues, one week cockpit view only and the following week free choice, with the same track & car choices for both leagues it would be a good way to get a good look at the lap times of both/all options.

Voted no.
Because i have better view with hood,and because of that i'm quicker than in cockpit view.
I can also see the other drivers beside me better so making less crashes.:D

I was thinking at the same things,but i found the solutions.
You can be more careoful and drive slowly to not crash others instead of driving outside(inside is more realistic and harder and i like that).
I am quicker too from outside but think about the fact that all of us will be slower than from outside.
Better view makes you faster,we need now a little bit more of realisem and harder work,so drive slower and you'l be ok. when i say slowe i mean around 1 sec per lap and everybody will be at least 1 sec per lap slower. :) ....just saying...

I was thinking at the same things,but i found the solutions.
You can be more careoful and drive slowly to not crash others instead of driving outside(inside is more realistic and harder and i like that).
I am quicker too from outside but think about the fact that all of us will be slower than from outside.
Better view makes you faster,we need now a little bit more of realisem and harder work,so drive slower and you'l be ok. when i say slowe i mean around 1 sec per lap and everybody will be at least 1 sec per lap slower. :) ....just saying...

the problem is that the ones that already drive with cockpit view and that are already fast will be way faster then someone not use to the cockpit view which imo is an advantage for someone use to cockpit view.

i totaly agree on the realism side and if i had 3 monitors and a triple head to go, yes i would drive in cockpitview.
But i've driven hood view since day 1 and i tried on several occasions the cockpit view but despite the more realistic "feel" i found
it (for me at least) better to drive with the hood cam because í can be more competitive and can get closer behind/beside other drivers
without causing serious crashes.
But you got a point in the realism discusion.

P.S. dont like driving slower....lol.

Austin, all I was suggesting was possibilities to increase your race record in order to join league racing but there are some obstacles in the way for you which make it difficult, while I have done a fair bit since I joined RD I'm not 100% confident I will get to join this but we all need to start some where, RL takes higher priority over anything else but if one wish's to take part in a RD league it takes a little commitment and time to build up to a reputation is all I was trying to get across, I’ve found it frustrating that I missed races in RDTCC because people didn’t turn up or dropped out when I could of races from the first to the last.

I’m sure the more races you complete and the more rep build up can only be for the better.

As we mentioned here, I think forced-cockpit-view does not make equal condition.
For example, cockpit view with 17 inch monitor is uncomfortable. that is why some people hate it.

But I voted yes because I love cockpit view and I'm using triple head monitor! YEEEEAAAHH!!! :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes