RD GT Championship 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like we all had a very eventful race. :wink2:

Quali: Got pole with a 1:42.3*** Was on for a 1:41:*** but messed up the last sector a bit and felt I would of needed that time, but Tim didn't do a quali lap and Patrick's lap was not his best so managed to still get the pole.

Race:

Had to push hard for the first stint in first place as Patrick was allways on my tail and witin 1-2 seconds. Towards the end of my stint my tyres where pretty wrecked and Patrick got nice and close and we took each other a couple of times before Patrick did his pit stop then the same with me the next lap. Came out from my stop with a 3 second gap to Patrick and built it up to about 5 seconds and the gap was pretty stable, was trying to relax with the car a bit so my tyres would be ok near the end, but I noticed Patrick drop back to about 20 seconds due to a stop and go, decided to just relax even more from then on and then with about 14 minutes to go BAMB! The dreaded screen freeze, same as Valencia and many others at Magny.

Thought my race was over but the game came back after 3 seconds but with messed up textures! And this is on my other PC so I am blaming this on the game. My front windowscreen was all blocked up and I kinda of hit the wall thing on the right at T1, managed to put it into swingarm view and thankfully I could still see the track / cars ok and carry on with a damaged car and low grip, luckaly managed to bring it home 4 seconds ahead of Patrick to take the win, was a nice fight mate :good:

Can't see!
Crashed1.jpg

Swingarm
Crashed2.jpg

Who's Aston is this?

Crashed3.jpg

I guess among all the tails of bad luck, there has to one good luck report. :wink2:
I was dreading this round, I just couldn't get settled for Magny Cours, never have been able to find the right lines around it, let alone in a .....Viper...yikes!.
So my race strategy was simple, drive as cleanly as possible, look after the car, avoid SnG's, and hope for the best. What a shock, I get my best result of the League.

Qualy: Stuffed it early by missing the braking point at the hairpin, so ended up P11. I convinced myself that this was ok, it allowed me to maintain my slow and steady raceplan better.

Race: The early part was an interesting battle with Antoine, Jerome, and Jesper for many laps, both Antoine and I having a hard time getting through Jesper's Aston, which seemed to be struggling with handling, but was incredibly quick in a straight line, even leaving my Viper behind :wave: . After Antoine passed him, I spent many laps watching his tyres melt, and kept praying he would pit. I eventually squeezed past in the hairpin, and set about building a lead, even staying out longer before pitting. After the pitstop, I came out in front of Jesper (phew), and managed to build the gap slowly whilst maintaining a steady 10 to 12 sec gap behind Antoine. I noticed that I had gained a few spots to P6, so obviously some in front had come to grief. With only 2 laps to go, I was cruising home but with tyres starting to get sloppy, when I found Antoine coming out of the sand at the hairpin. Now I had a huge battle to hold him out, as he threw everything at me, but I held on to sneak a very lucky P5. :).

Thanks to Jesper, Antoine, and Jerome for some close but clean racing. :good:

• Jerome Lecomte

qualified 7th out of 16 I was well placed but the race was long and tiring for me and I have accumulated mistakes, I quickly found only 30 seconds of the car and even before that of Pluye backside therefore race I just enjoy the many pure deco finish 8th. (somewhat easy)
Congratulations to all and urged the next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 474 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 288 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 312 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 138 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 26.8%
Back