RD GT Championship 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW ... I wanted to ask, did anyone else's windscreen get unbelievably dirty at Magny (more-so than at other tracks)?
Mine was proper filthy within a few laps (from cockpit view), and no matter how much I tried to clean it, I had real problems seeing through it ... it was so bad TBH that I was considering switching to bonnet view, but its so long since I drove that view that I figured it safest not to ... :(

I may have to drop out of this one tonight. My connection speed keeps dropping seriously low, may be down to the weather I am not sure. Just been playing BF2 and my ping on a couple of occaisions registered close to 400. Which is not normal for an 8meg line.

Will try and get it fixed with a couple of router reboots and see how it goes. But I certainly don't want to be lagging all over the track.

nightmare time at work meant not time to practice until tonight. happy with my 12th place on the grid, felt with every lap was dialling in those braking points so looking forward to race.... then it went wrong... not my driving... the pc....

1:28.33 was all i saw of the race, first high speed chicane on the parade lap pc locked up. hope no one took damage from taking avoiding action from my static/hung car. kryz babij was right in my rear view.

hey ho... the joys of online racing i suppose... :(

Sitting at my pc earlier I was reading Ben Tusting's post about him having problems with his pc and how it had crashed on him the night before in a league race, " I wonder what league he's talking about" I said to myself, then the penny dropped... S*** RDGTC!!! I fired up evo and joined with 6 secs to go! NO practice, No setup and no hope :( I put my Valencia setup in and started the race last but determined to atleast finish but with just 12 mins gone I hit the wall coming out onto the start and finish straight, race over, what a numpty:bulgy-eyes: I really struggle to drive these RWD cars and think I need some advice on my driving style with RWD, see you all at the next round where I will have practiced hopefully :)

It must be a night for bad luck guys.

Qualify went ok but a very slow 1:45.086 but ok for 9th place.

Race was going fine i was holding 7th place until i was about to lap the Vertigo of Steven De Greveleer and he had massive lag spikes like from a crap wireless connection and i nearly crashed out twice when the lag caught me out, so i lost 5 or 6 seconds which let Antoine Morin catch up again and it was shaping up to be a nice little fight with him when starting lap 23 i ran wide letting Antoine through and i thought to myself wtf went wrong there? but got back to the job in hand and had a drag race along the straight and lucky for us both we took a different line as i was about to find out why i went wide at the last bend, my brake pedal was only giving me 25% brake pressure despite the pedal travel feeling fine so i went straight on into the sand and sat there trying to fix it until i hit esc :pissed-off:

Haha, i had it figured out so nicely, and again the result is far from that :D

Practice was reserved to make a setup for the beemer. After 30 minutes fiddling here and there i decided to go into qualy with a slightly modified default setting.

Qualification went ok, third on the grid behind Damian Dainhumain and Patrick "Dweevelaer" Duivelaar but in front of the Flying Fin Jari Vinnari and Ramon van Rijn, so i was pretty pleased. The time however was 0.3 behind the two aliens so if they keep that pace during the race i can keep up for 10 laps and then my tyres will trow me back.

In the race i decided to take a different strategy, instead of pushing i went for the smooth and easy approach, saving tyres as much as possible. Jari closed in fast as expected and i let him by and go. Ramon was some seconds behind and i decided to run flat times as possible, resulting in the entire stint in 1.44's (yeah). Ramon closed in as expected, checked the pitboard and with the race almost being half way i still had 65% tyres "It works Bram you are a brilliant strategic racer", i babbled in the inside of my helmet. Ramon closed in and we kissed as a young couple :love: in the Adelaide, i decided to enforce the golden rule on myself and let Ramon pass one corner ahead but i think he didnt get it, because he kissed my rear now :D.
On it went, on the tail of the wizard, and i decided not to pit at 1/2 but carry on as Mr. Flat Time Runner. Ramon went in i stayed out and went pushing like mad to get my final gap on him. Two laps later in went in: there is my crew, my trust, my everything. They come closer and closer and closer, i shut down my engine and let the car roll: huh? they are now behind me in my rear view mirror all of sudden, i missed the box by an inch. "PUSH ME BACK MORRONS, dont stand there watching!". But nothing, i had to restart the engine and roll back 2 inches before they start to work on the car. I lost 10 seconds or more with my pitcrew abandoning me. "You are all fired!"

After a quick fix they are done, i start up the engine, apply full throttle to impress the grid girls and off i go, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 120km/h, huh 120?, where did my pitlimiter go :(? Oh no, a dude waving the black flag on me: you have speeded in the pitlane, stop&go.

Bye bye great strategy, bye bye podium, bye bye all . Serving my penalty, go out, cut the chicane: S&G 2...

With 30 minutes left my screen frooze up and forced to reboot my machine. End of story.

Race_Trailer_5th_Wheel.335141848_std.jpg

(i am in my trailer: crying! knock twice if you need me)

My first race here at RD since the one race I had in the Vertigo Cup. Used am hour or so today trying to make a stable setup for the Aston. This was the first time I have driven the car. I managed to make a setup that would keep the car within the boundries of temperture even if driven hard. So I was pretty confident that for once I had made a good setup.

I managed to get a P10 in qualify. A spot I could accept since it was my race in the car. Got a good start and quickly advanced a few spots.

The setup was stable... for the first 10 laps, then it started to get bad very quick. This puzzels me. According to Race PD my tires were in perfect temperture, so were my brakes and my tire wear was not anyware critical. So after lap 10 i started to loose several seconds per lap. It kept going bad until my pitstop after 45 minuttes. After my pitstop I tried to save the material, but the same result occoured. 10-11 laps after my pitstop my lap times gained weight rather quickly.

I finish in 7th place due to other peoples misfortune.

EDIT: oh yeah, this picture show the view from my cockpit. Easy to miss brakepoints

Thanks to Antoine and Warren for some fun fights. I did what I could to keep you behind me

See you next time!

Attachments

• Dirty Windshield.jpg
    Dirty Windshield.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 178
attachment.php

Knock knock, open up Bram. Ah, there he is. Already taken a shower and change of clothes :)

Practice was ok. Just track practice. I did create a base setup last Saturday after 10-15 laps. So it was crap.

In qual I was pleased with the 5th spot. Better then expected.
I saw Tim coming and decided to let him pass. I need my tires for later.
The rest was somewhat boring until I saw Bram strugling (saving tires).
He had a nice fight with Tim, but had to let him go. Then it was my turn. Bram made a tiny mistake in going wide and with some wheelspin from him I got the perfect momentum to pass on the outside. But I think he did not see me and force me into the grass.
In the next corner he waited exactly on the high-speed part. Could not avoid him and kissed his bumper again. :)

Then the pit strategy from Bram happened and I had a boring race for the remainder.

No fun driving this track without a nice fight.

See you all next time. Thanks for racing.

Attachments

• Race_Trailer_5th_Wheel.335141848_stdBram.jpg
    Race_Trailer_5th_Wheel.335141848_stdBram.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 230
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 479 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 290 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 316 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 144 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 185 27.0%
Back