RD GP Championship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
upgraded account, thinking of joining, is there any way to spectate the race?
Unfortunately not. There's no spectator function in AC. Additionally there will also not be a Live stream of the race as Australian upload speeds are too slow to facilitate a race broadcast. :(

However, there will be a round-by-round written recap of all the action.

Unfortunately not. There's no spectator function in AC. Additionally there will also not be a Live stream of the race as Australian upload speeds are too slow to facilitate a race broadcast. :(

However, there will be a round-by-round written recap of all the action.
that's a shame, thanks for letting me know.

I've been talking to Lorenzo, and the opportunity (great car, tracks) is too great to miss even if I have to wake up at 4AM. I'll just fill up on coffee and deal with it. Signing up and I can't wait for it...

Driver Name: Dan Cosofret
Nationality: US
Team Name: Talking Door Racing Blue
Preferred Number 1: 22
Preferred Number 2: 12

I've been talking to Lorenzo, and the opportunity (great car, tracks) is too great to miss even if I have to wake up at 4AM. I'll just fill up on coffee and deal with it. Signing up and I can't wait for it...

Driver Name: Dan Cosofret
Nationality: US
Team Name: Talking Door Racing Blue
Preferred Number 1: 22
Preferred Number 2: 12
Great stuff Dan :)
The entry list is full, so I'll place you on the reserves list, so if there's ever absences then the reserves will be contacted to fill in :)

Thank you, Chris. How far in advance of race day would we know if there are any vacancies?
When people are reporting their absences it has to be before 24 hours to the commencement of the booking time, so we'll try and contact you ASAP.

Some will report their absence weeks/months in advance, so for R2 we already have 1 confirmed absence.

I was poking around with doing something last night and It was a pain in the ass trying to figure out what I want to do and then trying to get it done in Photoshop :p. I was stupidly trying to do some interesting thing around the tip of the nose of the car, but it is nearly impossible to get things lined up. The worst of all was trying to follow a contour and getting neat lines because the 2D skin gets stretched and warped when applied to a 3D model.

BTW, be careful on some spots because some of the skin areas are not truly horizontal where you think they might be.

Definitely a work in progress....May need to change some colors so it doesn't look too much like Rolf's skin :)

wip.jpg

If anyone is looking for a teammate, drop me a PM. Don't really bring that much to the table, but would be better than just racing alone :)

Man, there are some talented people around here.

I've never developed a skin before - lack the talent, but more importantly I lack the patience. If I were to attempt any of this, where would I find the template?

Alternatively, if someone is willing, out of the kindness of their heart, to help me with something I would greatly appreciate it. I'm a big Alonso fan and his black Minardi livery was quite nice. I wish I could recreate something like that. I will read the tutorial and see if I should even dare attempt. In any case, I can always use the RD skin. Looks nice.
Thanks.

edit: first step completed. I have the template. We shall see what happens next :unsure:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Trophies