RD GP Championship 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
so much overtaking, i messed up on the first few laps and was almost dead last with bram, we both worked through the field, was the best race i've had with GSC.

it's a shame Bram and my team mate got taken out, i watched the replay and i ain't impressed, end of the matter there.

Jack Nicholls i would have loved to battle you near the end of the race but i was so low on fuel i had to save my fuel and draft you, i saw you was quite slow on some corners, i take it you was battling with your tyres?

Great race guys, just a shame about a few incidents :)

the most overtakes I've ever done in this game lol.

No Scott, I was just massively slow. Did about 20 laps of testing, so was nowhere near the pace. I came out with a 6th place just through race craft really. Great fun again though and some nice battles.

Qualify = 8th
Race = Last

My god! I can´t believe that I did this. So sorry Bram and Ken. I didn´t go on brakes, my throttle pedal locked up, and I go into desperation, and when I saw Bram in my mirrors it was too late. If RD wish to take a punishment action about this, you guys are on your right, I will understand. I just want to leave this facts clean enough for a better judgement. After the crash I go into the pits, make the repairs, but was useless, my steering box was pending to the left and I believe crashed something mechanical because I had no mechanical grip after that, only stayed on track in respect for Bram´s efforts to make this league possible. I never gets some overlaps before than today. Was a shame because this one is a very knowed track for me, I was expecting for a great result and get this s***. Congrats to Anders for this fantastic victory and Bram for the championship, at least I didn´t destroyed this.

Once again sorry.

Well that was fairly disastrous...I beached the car on lap 1 T1 like a noob and then it took so long to get it out of the sand I was being lapped by T4 of my first lap :(

But overall it's been a fun series...thanks to Bram & the crew for making it happen :)

BTW if you get stuck in sand reverse is the way to go...took me about a minute of going nowhere in 1st to work that out though!

This could have ended a lot worse.

As expected there was no starting light for me so again everybody took off with me standing on poleposition picking my nose. The first corner I visited the gravel where I joined Anthony so had to start from 15th instead of 1st.

On the straight I don't know what happened. I was side by side with a car trying to keep in a straight line when somebody slowed down and literally rammed us of the road. No clue if this was a really bad connection or something else but the car was totally damaged in the first lap.

A driver, that obviously didn't read the rules, was blocking and swaying on the front stretch and that costed a lot of time to get by. Had to push maximum to overtake everybody and after a few laps I was in 3rd behind Robert and Remco but at that point I asked already too much of my tires and I struggled to get passed them and to secure my gap I needed to make a proper pitstop.

The gap didnt became bigger than 5 seconds but I couldnt finish the race on such tires to made a stop with 26 minutes to go. Of course stalled my engine because of my ridiculous long first gear :D and finally took off.

It looked that apart from Dave Begley nobody was planning to come in so instead of expecting to come back in 4th or 5th I found myself in 9th or 10th position so again I had to overtake everybody. In the hairpin after the long straight backmarkers weren't paying attention and I was forced off the track into the gravel losing another 10 seconds on Robert and Anders in the front.

With 20 minutes left they were 29 seconds in the lead and hotlap after hotlap with a damaged car their lead became less and less. With a few minutes on the clock I overtook Robert and lost the position again after I almost spun myself in the final corner.

Had to fight him again and after overtaking there was only 2 minutes left to catch Anders. Actually when the clock struck zero I thought we still had one more lap to go but the flag was out: second.

Happy with the championship, but not happy with the race. Really wanted to make it a 3 out of 3.

Edit: I see the post of Leo below now (was typing when you posted it). No problem m8 don't worry.

Grats Anders, flawless performance and grats Bram, the championship goes to the best driver. :)

I screwed up a bit when I was leading and ran wide, costing me the lead and maybe the title, but otherwise I have been really lucky in other situations and it was a real surprise I was still in the title hunt. From my perspective this was my favourite league ever, because it offered everything. Especially loved the different strategies. I really, really hope we will do a F3 league again.

On the straight I don't know what happened. I was side by side with a car trying to keep in a straight line when somebody slowed down and literally rammed us of the road. No clue if this was a really bad connection or something else but the car was totally damaged in the first lap.

My god! I can´t believe that I did this. So sorry Bram and Ken. I didn´t go on brakes, my throttle pedal locked up, and I go into desperation, and when I saw Bram in my mirrors it was too late. If RD wish to take a punishment action about this, you guys are on your right, I will understand. I just want to leave this facts clean enough for a better judgement. After the crash I go into the pits, make the repairs, but was useless, my steering box was pending to the left and I believe crashed something mechanical because I had no mechanical grip after that, only stayed on track in respect for Bram´s efforts to make this league possible. I never gets some overlaps before than today. Was a shame because this one is a very knowed track for me, I was expecting for a great result and get this s***. Congrats to Anders for this fantastic victory and Bram for the championship, at least I didn´t destroyed this.

Once again sorry.

Server Replay Round 4: Campo Grande
Click here

I cannot process the results of the final race yet. There seems to be a server error preventing me to submit the files. Eric K will have a look at it later so results are coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 39 51.3%