RD Formula Pro Series S1 (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like in Spa I was not really satisfied with my performance during the race. Quali was quite OK but I lost several places in the race. My latest problem seems to be, that I tend to make a setup that allows me faster laptimes but is harder to handle. This way I can do a good quali but in race action and traffic I can not control it as needed and get to much sliding and oversteer. If I can drive freely I can close up, but fighting and overtaking gets very hard then. After Spa I wanted to avoid this sort of problems, but maybe the hot temps made things worse for me. After 7 laps it felt like driving in the wet. Step by step I droped from 3rd to 9th. Toward the end of the race I had a nice duell with Peter Bartfai. He defended very good and I got past only due to a little mistake he made in the last turn.

As always there were only gentlemans around me. Since this was the first league I joined the expectations for further leagues I might join will be very high. I hope to see all of you in future races. Nothing more to say here. Will express my appreciation in a separate post. Nevertheless thank you all!

Well like Eric it was a big let down for me :angry:
Qualifying went fine and i was happy with my pace but on a couple of flyer's i was half a second up only to loose it again in the last sector.
Race start and i was slow off the line but not to bad as i got a chance to avoid the spins up front and before we cleared the first couple of corners i had made up 4 places but on lap 2 i had an impatient Brad Merys behind me and when he ran into me pushing me wide into the wall where i lost my nose and a couple of corners later Giorgos finished the job by driving into the back of me sending me into the wall where i promptly lost a wheel so it was all over all too quickly for my liking. :beat-up:

But thanks again Eric for putting it all together, the other races were great but this one i wish i had went with my gut and just missed it.

Neil I am so sorry I did not mean to is there a way I can make it up for you :(

my report finally
and oh oh oh....note to self
DO NOT listen or see Niklas setup ever again :p....just kidding buddy :)
I knew I could have gone faster. But I made a big mistake changing my rear wing, which resulted that I kept going to much sideways. So it was more a fighting the car than fighting for position.
I think I really put a show drifting with the F3000 :p
some bumps that not so happy, but overall great experience

Hi there All.

Been busy since after the race so just have time now to post. I wont however, be reporting on the race except to say that I wasn't able to match my 1:47.5 P2 times in the race due to early damage.

What I will say is thank you very much for allowing me the opportunity to run a shortened season with all. The F3000s are a great challenge and with the exception of a stupid error and a disconnect, believe I could have posted a few consistent results up in the order.

Obviously, Race Department is a very strong community of dedicated sim racers and it's been my extreme pleasure to be a small part of it.

A special thx goes to Eric for letting me badger him until he finally relented and let me race with you all. Of course, Race department wouldn't be anything without all the dedicated Admins who oversee everything--thank you to them too.

But the real big thank you goes to all the guys involved in the league. I mean, there is no racing without you guys showing up prepared to do fair battle with each other. Thank you again.

OH! And I forgot. Thx also for the great video recaps--you know, one of those playing on the front page got me on Eric's case in the first place. I could only recommend you continue to put up these types of things as it lends so much credibility.

Speaking of Niklas simdriving technique... when the championship finishes, just after next Saturday, I have a few questions to him that I think also a few of you will be curious to know the answers to them...

Guys I'm not sure this is the right place to post it but the above evolved into a full interview. Since it will be written and it has to have time to go through editorial censorship :D, it will likely "only" go to the club front page somewhere around next week. In any case we hope to send you guys a PM to tell about it...

The interview will be 95% about our virtual hobby and pretty much I think it will cover areas that are interesting to everyone who did this championship and went through the experience of simdriving these cars.

If you guys have any idea regarding a question you would like to do to the championship winner and just feel it won’t be included in the interview, just post it or PM me about it... but most likely all kinds of question will be covered, even those about how is life in a faraway planet :D

Always a pleasure to help, Bob. Someone helped me before, I'm just passing forward the tip. :) I'm glad it worked well. This is fundamental when pitting!!!
Nice job out there, Bob. Great pace!!!!
Hope to see you in practice sessions at Spa... :)

Good to see you here in the forum, Brad!!! Such a strong driver cannot stay away from the discussions we have here!!!! :)

I felt so sorry for you in Barcelona, Brad. You were in a great pace and you passed me very clean. Such a shame you lost the car right after you passed me... :(

Cya.

Thx Aritan, good to be here. I just had to take some time off after that Barcelona Race. Was total brain fade on my part. I knew my pace was falling off quickly but still tried to hold position over Patrick. I should have just backed off and let him pass when he could :crutch:

Well, I think pretty much everything has been said already about how fun this league was, how well it was organized and managed by my "big" brother Eric (I'm proud of you man!:hug:), how good were Niklas' :alien2: track guides and Niklas... period, how professional the race videos by Tim and Daniel were and how enjoyable was the company of all the respectful gentlemen who participated in this championship. :Banane35:

So, I'm just gonna say one thing... :fencing: See u all soon for more action...

:bananalama:

Full coverage of round 7 @ Barcelona

Video by Tim Hogendoorn and commentaries by Daniel Pettit!!

The Championship might be over, but the video are still coming in!!
Thank you so much guys!!

Barcelona.jpg

All league videos can be downloaded from here:[downloads]
Right click on the file to download.​

Full coverage of round 8 @ Spa-Francorchamp

Video by Tim Hogendoorn and commentaries by Daniel Pettit!!

The Championship might be over, but the video are still coming in!!
Thank you so much guys!!

Round 8.jpg

All league videos can be downloaded from here:[downloads]
Right click on the file to download.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks