RD Formula Manager - Season 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this Formula BMW will give me a chance to learn this whole race malarky. One question, surely only having one update will mean we have no chance to remedy anything if we have an issue during the race?

Hopefully this Formula BMW will give me a chance to learn this whole race malarky. One question, surely only having one update will mean we have no chance to remedy anything if we have an issue during the race?

Yes, but it is just to test how it unfolds. :thumbsup:

Update on the proposal:
- Previous sister team drivers will have the same 500 cr bidding advantage for the main team as well.
- One of the sister team drivers can be signed up by the main team before the bidding wars directly for 1000 cr.
- Sister Teams can't use the same engine/tyre as their main team. (It was actually a part of my earlier draft, forgot to include)
Sounds good. Expected the tyre restriction after the many Bridgestone upgrades I did :laugh:. Still restricted to the 4 engines, or all except player manufactured now available?

Tapio's system was really nice. I would not want to bring multiple year contracts, but drivers costing more according to their skills/stats might come. However, keeping things simple at some areas is also a good idea, giving most teams a close chance on driver biddings is a way to spice things up.
Didn't have the multi-year contracts in mind when suggesting it, rather the costs according to skill, plus the (slight) preference for better/previous teams. Think it still brought interesting results, e.g. Lauda for Fittipaldi.

Manufacturer teams should have an advantage imo. They paid for their investments. Deducting stats will still cost extra money by the way. They won't be able to decrease their stats for free. Also, the test failure chance still exists only for manufacturer engines.

To give customer teams a bit more, a new item will be added to the marketplace which is a bit more expensive engine test, but allows you to pick only two outcomes to decrease luck factor.
Sounds good :thumbsup:

Still restricted to the 4 engines, or all except player manufactured now available?

No restrictions other than having the same engine with the main team is not allowed. Sisters can buy manufacturer engines too. Of course they can't produce their own engines.

Didn't have the multi-year contracts in mind when suggesting it, rather the costs according to skill, plus the (slight) preference for better/previous teams. Think it still brought interesting results, e.g. Lauda for Fittipaldi.

As this is for season 10. Will try a pricing system for drivers and see how it works on paper before finalizing a system for the 10th season. One thing is certain: No relationship points will be accumulated in this season.

Let's get on with the show race.

Here is the track conditions:
upload_2017-12-31_16-30-28.png

It's a 16 laps race. But you also need to give me qualifying strategies. Tyres, car hp and fuel load will carry over to the race as usual.

Everyone has GOODYEAR tyres, all have 3 points for each driver skills. Goodyear has SOFT-MEDIUM-HARD compounds. All cars have 4 levels of durability.

@kedy89
@TTupsi
@Azabadaza
@Aidan Keranen
@Slyfrequency
@rubaru
@Jimlaad43
@Audi

You are also invited to participate at this show race organized by Formula BMW:
@Milos
@Benutzername
@Meff28s
@Lesley Buurlage
@Márk Lintner
@oorjit07
@the_sigman
@Millsy24
@Matt
@The Damson Destroyer
@James McNamara

Here is a template for you to send your strategies:

Qualifying:
Pace-Rev-Tyre-Fuel Load

Lap 1
Pace-Rev

Lap 2

Lap 3

Lap 4

Lap 5

Lap 6

Lap 7

Lap 8

Lap 9

Lap 10

Lap 11

Lap 12

Lap 13

Lap 14

Lap 15

Lap 16

The deadline is the Thursday on which the race will calculated. Good luck and have fun all!

Is the race done all in one go?
And do I send everything here in the thread or to you in PM?

Yes, will be done in one-go. In the thread please. :thumbsup:

Falcon's manager accepted the invitation to this event.

Great! :geek:

I take it no fuel upgrades in play?

Yes, no fuel upgrades. Also worth noting that the BMW engines used in this race are extremely reliable and more durable than the current ones.

So we have to guess when we're going to run out of fuel then...

Fair concern! Current managers can use their old data as the tyre wear/fuel burn systems are unchanged. But there are invitational managers and newcomers who require such data.

Here are some fuel burn rates for this race to help you make your strategies:
BMW max fuel tank: 150

Steady-Low:
11 litres per lap
Around %20 tyre wear (with hard tyres)

Steady-High:
19 litres per lap
Around %20 tyre wear (with hard tyres)

Give All-Low:
16 litres per lap
Around %25 tyre wear (with hard tyres)

Safe-Low:
7 litres per lap
Around %15 tyre wear (with hard tyres)

Yeah, I was about to ask about that xD

But I'm really surprised that the difference in tyre wear between steady and give all is so small, as there are another two paces between them. And the tyre wear appears to be large on all of them. Kinda wanted to do one stop but it appears to be impossible.

How much does focus pace burn?

Qualifying:
Steady-High Hard 100

Lap 1
Steady-High

Lap 2
Steady-High

Lap 3
Steady-High

Lap 4
Steady-Medium
Pit for 100 fuel, Hard

Lap 5
Steady-High

Lap 6
Steady-High

Lap 7
Steady-High

Lap 8
Steady-High

Lap 9
Steady-Medium
Pit for 100 fuel, Hard

Lap 10
Steady-High

Lap 11
Steady-High

Lap 12
Steady-High

Lap 13
Steady-High

Lap 14
Steady-Medium
Pit for 60 fuel, Soft

Lap 15
Steady-High

Lap 16
Steady-High

Qualifying:
Focus High, medium tyres, 83l

Lap 1
Focus Medium paceup

Lap 2
Focus Low

Lap 3
Focus Low

Lap 4
Focus Low and pit mediums 67l ers

Lap 5
push medium

Lap 6
push low

Lap 7
push low

Lap 8
push low pit mediums 67l ers

Lap 9
push medium

Lap 10
push low

Lap 11
push low

Lap 12
push low pit mediums 73l ers

Lap 13
push medium

Lap 14
push low

Lap 15
push low

Lap 16
focus high ers

edit: I grew some balls for the fuel, so that's been updated. If my calculus is right, I should end each stint on 3l

Last edited:
Qualifying:
Focus High, medium tyres, 90l

Lap 1
Focus Medium paceup

Lap 2
Focus Low

Lap 3
Focus Low

Lap 4
Focus Low and pit mediums 70l ers

Lap 5
push medium

Lap 6
push low

Lap 7
push low

Lap 8
push low pit mediums 70l ers

Lap 9
push medium

Lap 10
push low

Lap 11
push low

Lap 12
push low pit mediums 78l ers

Lap 13
push medium

Lap 14
push low

Lap 15
push low

Lap 16
focus high ers

Played it a bit safe with fuel, since I don't know everything, so hopefully doesn't hurt me too much
How many focuses do we have @Omer Said?

Qualifying:
Steady-High Hard 100

Lap 1
Steady-High

Lap 2
Steady-High

Lap 3
Steady-High

Lap 4
Steady-Medium
Pit for 100 fuel, Hard

Lap 5
Steady-High

Lap 6
Steady-High

Lap 7
Steady-High

Lap 8
Steady-High

Lap 9
Steady-Medium
Pit for 100 fuel, Hard

Lap 10
Steady-High

Lap 11
Steady-High

Lap 12
Steady-High

Lap 13
Steady-High

Lap 14
Steady-Medium
Pit for 60 fuel, Soft

Lap 15
Steady-High

Lap 16
Steady-High
Small tip, even with improved durability & reliability for this race, there's a good chance you'll blow the engine running that much high revs. Low revs cool the engine, medium and high heat it up.

How many focuses do we have @Omer Said?
Should be 6 with each skill at 3.
:ninja:'d by Milos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements