RD Formula Manager - Season 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the point is there is too big of a results difference between those two types of managers.
There already are managers that play like that, but if new people decide to join after this test, they might play like that as well (especially in the first season), and the game should adopt to that I think.

I'm not saying we should ban refuelling and equalize this gap. But I am saying steps need to be made so the manager that doesn't want to collect the burn data and do math with it should also have a chance to be somewhat competitive.
(again though, this may have changed in seasons 6-7, in which case I am just talking nonsense right now :p)
I still think you can't expect someone who doesn't care about fuel usage etc. to be as good as someone who does. It's a manager game after all, and something like that is part of it. Even if you don't want to collect all data, you still need at least a bit to work with it. Else it'd go against the basics of a manager game, in my opinion.

Then there should be a list showing wear values of all possible pace-rev combinations, and it would ruin the game. I think there is not much the game can do. New managers can load some safe fuel values in their first races. Maybe private testings can be done to test desired combinations by the managers.
A test session to collect data would be good, I seem to recall there was one either before S3 or S4, to allow managers to do just that. I already said that it's quite easy to deduce more values when you got some already, and you can probably confirm that.

Then there should be a list showing wear values of all possible pace-rev combinations, and it would ruin the game. I think there is not much the game can do. New managers can load some safe fuel values in their first races. Maybe private testings can be done to test desired combinations by the managers.
Not saying that. But, adding fuel randomness means the managers who calculate don't end every stint on 1l, but still have an advantage over people who do their strategy on the go like Jim. Even just a 2-3l variance is probably just enough, and it's something that the calculating managers have to play around, but more importantly, can play around.
I still think you can't expect someone who doesn't care about fuel usage etc. to be as good as someone who does. It's a manager game after all, and something like that is part of it. Even if you don't want to collect all data, you still need at least a bit to work with it. Else it'd go against the basics of a manager game, in my opinion.
Yeah, I agree it's a bit out of the target group of the game, which is why I'm not saying we should equalize the gap, just reduce it slightly.

On the other hand, randomizing wear values might bring more harm than benefit. People can never know what happens next lap. Many out of fuel situation will occur due to taking risks with 1-2 liters. Would be annoying imo. More I think about it more I disliked it. It will make the game harder for both calculators and lap-by-lap players.

I think the best solution is allowing private tests between each round. Managers can learn values of their preferred combinations. 5 for each round would be nice.

Also some managers are still unaware as far as I see: The engines are being resetted at the beginning of this season. Also the new system will slow down the development rate of more developed engines.

Not saying that. But, adding fuel randomness means the managers who calculate don't end every stint on 1l, but still have an advantage over people who do their strategy on the go like Jim. Even just a 2-3l variance is probably just enough, and it's something that the calculating managers have to play around, but more importantly, can play around.
To be honest, I don't think that it makes that much difference if you end each stint on 1l or 5l. I might be wrong of course, since I don't know how big the effect of a higher fuel load is.

I do agree that a slight variance in usage sounds interesting, e.g. push low using 12-13l, push high 19-20 etc. Obviously I don't know how Omer's sheet is set up, but I could imagine that something like that requires much work to implement. Also with the fuel usages as they are right now, they'd start to overlap a fair bit. Don't think that this is an effect that is desired. And, to be honest, I'd just start calculating with the high end of the range, and use the extra fuel I end up with towards the end of a stint by switching to higher paces/revs. In the end I think it might hurt those that don't collect data even more.

On the other hand, randomizing wear values might bring more harm than benefit. People can never know what happens next lap. Many out of fuel situation will occur due to taking risks with 1-2 liters. Would be annoying imo. More I think about it more I disliked it.
That's why you don't take the risk :p
I think the best solution is allowing private tests between each round. Managers can learn values of their preferred combinations. 5 for each round would be nice.
I believe this is not going to solve much of the issue. And I tell you this having experienced it in season 5.
Some people are quite stubborn on not wanting to use the data even if it's given to them. Some people just don't like doing all the math. Or they are bad at math.
And, to be honest, I'd just start calculating with the high end of the range, and use the extra fuel I end up with towards the end of a stint by switching to higher paces/revs. In the end I think it might hurt those that don't collect data even more.
Well I thought having an extra 5l in the tank would make a big enough difference. But as you say, you can use a higher pace, which I haven't thought of honestly.. :redface:
Maybe just the fuel's effect on laptime has a bit too much of a difference then. Reducing that would kind of give the same effect I wanted to achieve. So someone like Jim can fuel up to max and build a strategy on the go without his extra 50l in the tank hurting him too badly.

I believe this is not going to solve much of the issue. And I tell you this having experienced it in season 5.
Some people are quite stubborn on not wanting to use the data even if it's given to them. Some people just don't like doing all the math. Or they are bad at math.

Then it is not the game's problem. :p

So someone like Jim can fuel up to max and build a strategy on the go without his extra 50l in the tank hurting him too badly.
Since you mention that, there was one race in S7 where Tapio didn't give quali orders, started with max fuel and hard tyres. He wasn't around for a few more days, his drivers going on with steady low through much of the race. At some point they were quite high up the order. Problem was that he still wasn't around, and didn't react to what was happening in the race. There was a SC at some point, which could've brought him on the podium otherwise. So you can get a long way without doing much maths :laugh:

To be honest, 50l extra should hurt in terms of pace. I think the average fuel tank size was around 150l, if having 1/3 of the capacity more onboard than others didn't affect your pace, something would be seriously wrong in my opinion. If it didn't, I'd always fuel up to the max, since I'd barely lose any time in terms of pace, and on the other hand gain a lot of time by having 1 or 2 stops less.

50l extra should hurt in terms of pace
Well it should hurt obviously. But maybe a little bit less than it did in season 5. Maybe just reducing the average fuel tank is good enough, because noone ever uses the full 150l because the tyres just can't last long enough to support it.

Though with what you said about Tapio, maybe some things did change since season 5. So I'll just shut up then :roflmao:

Well it should hurt obviously. But maybe a little bit less than it did in season 5. Maybe just reducing the average fuel tank is good enough, because noone ever uses the full 150l because the tyres just can't last long enough to support it.
Actually they can. I started the French GP with 186l of fuel for BEL. Only ended up on 2 stops because of SC, else I'd have done 20 laps on 1 stop (with both Silver Soul cars actually). Even considered 0 stops for some races, but conditions didn't match (i.e. rain, high tyre wear). So if you choose a durable tyre (like Bridgestone in S7), it does work out :)

ll I'm suggesting is that each pace-rev combo varies by up to +/-2 L each lap. Push Medium might burn 17 litres right now, but if each lap it can be anything in the range of 15-19L, it would make it slightly more interesting.
This idea has a lot of merit in the real world as well. A car on lower fuel load will burn less naturally because it weighs less.

Qualifying Results:
upload_2018-1-5_15-8-46.png

upload_2018-1-5_15-22-58.png

upload_2018-1-5_15-24-37.png

upload_2018-1-5_15-26-21.png

upload_2018-1-5_15-29-39.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No