RD Formula Manager - Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change engine upgrade from Reliability to Speed.

Before anyone complains, I asked Omer, he said I can do it.
I personally wouldn't have a problem making changes like this. Although, I think as was previously mentioned, there should be a deadline set for all purchases/setups/etc. to be finalized. So, if Omer is trying to start the season on Saturday, perhaps the deadline should be Friday....?

Change engine upgrade from Reliability to Speed.

Before anyone complains, I asked Omer, he said I can do it.

This is permitted for the engine-gate incident.

ISo, if Omer is trying to start the season on Saturday, perhaps the deadline should be Friday....?

The deadline for this marketplace period is Saturday indeed. But buys can't be changed under usual circumstances, unless there are technical mistakes. Milos' is granted for the special incident with engine supplier rules. :thumbsup:

To all engine suppliers:
Default deal is that all customer teams will pay 100 credits to their manufacturer team. Sister teams will pay 200.
Please specify if your deal is different.

The feeder series (Formula Renault) will start after the 5th race and here is its rules below:
- All teams will run Renault engines. Specially upgraded to be more durable and reliable.
- All teams will run Goodyear tyres. Medium compound will be available too.
- Refueling at the pitstops will not be permitted.
- Different Setups will be permitted.
- There won't be chassis/durability/qualifying upgrades. Cars will be much more durable by default.
- The races will be same length as the main series, but updates will be 3-laps per day.
- Only in the first race there will be a single-lap qualifying. All drivers will run soft tyres and 20 liters of fuel. Aggressive pace and high revs will be selected. Only setups will make a difference. There won't be parc ferme after the qualifying.
- After the first race, the reversed grid will be applied according to the results of the previous races.
How to Join?
- Each manager can join with only a single team. Teams will consist of 3 drivers. The entrance fee is 300 credits.
- Upon registration, the manager can pick 3 drivers from the driver list (Only drivers with no trainings are permitted) or create their own ones with new names.
- In the feeder series, there won't be any money involved in itself. But there will be prizes after each race like this below:
RACE PRIZES
1st-3rd: 300 credits to main team in the main series. Drivers get random 3 trainings.
4th-8th: 200 credits to main team in the main series. Drivers get random 2 trainings.
Rest: 100 credits to main team in the main series. Drivers get random 1 training.

CHAMPIONSHIP PRIZES
(There will be prizes only in terms of constructor's title)
1st Team: Main team in the main series gets 500 credits.
2nd Team: Main team in the main series gets 450 credits.
3rd Team: Main team in the main series gets 400 credits.
4th Team: Main team in the main series gets 300 credits.
5th Team: Main team in the main series gets 250 credits.
Rest:: Main team in the main series gets 200 credits.

End of Season:
Managers can pick one of their drivers to be their racing driver in one of the teams in the main series in the next season (main or sister team).

• Deleted member 161052

Formula Renault is interesting! Pretty nice idea you've been thinking of, Omer.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I could bring forward a driver in Formula Renault, and they get better. If no one takes them the season after, that means they no longer can be in Formula Renault?
We're going to run out of drivers pretty quickly :laugh:

• Deleted member 161052

Guess I'm gonna go for Formula Renault drivers in Formula Renault :p :D

So I could bring forward a driver in Formula Renault, and they get better. If no one takes them the season after, that means they no longer can be in Formula Renault?
We're going to run out of drivers pretty quickly :laugh:

We can always bring forward more sons and grandsons: John Hill, Micheal Hill, Nick Hill, Aidan Hill, Tobi Hill, Joshua Hill, Mario Hill, Green Hill, Under Hill, Martin Hil. etc etc etc... :D

We can always bring forward more sons and grandsons: John Hill, Micheal Hill, Nick Hill, Aidan Hill, Tobi Hill, Joshua Hill, Mario Hill, Green Hill, Under Hill, Martin Hil. etc etc etc... :D
While I laugh at that, it is going to create a massive backlog of drivers.
Maybe implement a driver skill decay if they aren't signed for a season?
edit: or should we allow managers to decide if they want a driver to get training?

While I laugh at that, it is going to create a massive backlog of drivers.
Maybe implement a driver skill decay if they aren't signed for a season?
edit: or should we allow managers to decide if they want a driver to get training?

Let's put a rule that drivers who fail to advance into main series will have their trainings resetted for the next season? Only 1 driver from each team can advance, so rest of them will be usable in the next season again.

Let's put a rule that drivers who fail to advance into main series will have their trainings resetted for the next season? Only 1 driver from each team can advance, so rest of them will be usable in the next season again.
Ok, so if we do that, is this the situation:
I have Button, Grosjean and Turner for example. At season end, I take Button to 2KF1, Turner stays in FR and is reset, that means Grosjean gets kicked into the marketplace and reset?
Also, could someone else come and take Turner and Grosjean instead of one from their team if they are higher in skill?

Just to confirm engine deals for Riffera:
- Thunderstorm Racing (Sister team) - paying 200cr per race
- Grip Racing - paying 100cr per race
- Ram F1 - paying 100cr per race

Nothing else is requested from customers. :thumbsup:

I like the FR series, really going for show there. :D

Ok, so if we do that, is this the situation:
I have Button, Grosjean and Turner for example. At season end, I take Button to 2KF1, Turner stays in FR and is reset, that means Grosjean gets kicked into the marketplace and reset?
Also, could someone else come and take Turner and Grosjean instead of one from their team if they are higher in skill?

Both Turner and Grosjean's skills will be reset. But you can preserve them for the upcoming FR season (Unless they are taken by driver bids in the next season's start, but no one would want that as they will not have any skills.).
Managers can only transfer drivers from their own Formula Renault teams. Other teams can't take Turner and Grosjean from you.

Ooooh ok.
And someone somewhere might want a skill-less driver. If you have a big name then it's a possibility.

edit: so actually can I take say Button to 2KF1 and Turner to Keranen, or just one at a time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 45 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 45 12.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 43 11.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 128 34.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 218 58.8%