RD Formula Manager - Season 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back boys!!

Got a bit hairy there for a bit. We were fully evacuated from site on Sunday, as the fire raged towards our ANFO (explosives) yard. We were released back to work on Monday - that was the busiest day of work I've experienced yet due to the backlog of work from the evac. It was believed the fire had cleared us as it headed west, however a harsh wind change turned it towards the access road, and camp. All of the Night shift workers were awaken and Evac'd from camp to nearby town Tom Price. About lunchtime the wind shifted to a westerly, shifting it back toward site, and the access road. The decision was then made to completely cease the operation (costing millions in lost operations), completely evacuate Marandoo (my mine) and close the highway and access road into and through the Karijini National Park. We spent 36 hours holed up in camp before they shuttled us out this morning onto a charter flight back home to Perth.

Hopefully this link works:
https://www.emergency.wa.gov.au/#map/warning/bav_140083872/moreinfo

Orders:
Lap 19
Briscoe steady high, Use ERS

Lap 20
Briscoe steady high

As far as I remember it was a question of whether a driver can give way to a certain driver outside his team. It was with one of the Silver Souls.
Seem to recall it was with low HP after a collision, question being if I can tell him not to fight other drivers (no matter which team). Don't see how that's different from now.

Pit Radio is Closed

Seem to recall it was with low HP after a collision, question being if I can tell him not to fight other drivers (no matter which team). Don't see how that's different from now.

That is quite stupid if I told that you have to fight others. I might have said so, can't recall clearly. I will check out the updates to see whether there was a change in that rule.

@Azabadaza - Greatd to hear you are safe and sound!

upload_2018-11-22_23-15-36.png

upload_2018-11-22_23-23-6.png

What's too high? He was 3/6 on Steady. Can't be competitive on Easy or Safe.
He ran a mixture of steady, aggressive and push. Steady will still give you some mistakes at 100% rain even with a conc 6 driver but much less than with a conc 2 driver. Using aggressive and push are probably too far, and why you had such an inflated mistake ratio.

I agree safe is incompetitive though. Easy is somewhat bearable due to low fuel consumption.

upload_2018-11-23_19-1-37.png

FINAL STANDINGS:
upload_2018-11-23_19-2-49.png

upload_2018-11-23_19-3-0.png

@Aidan Keranen - After being a top runner since the team's inception, you were always there. And this season you really stepped up your game. It must feel terrible to lose like that though, winning 3 out of 5. But it is still quite an achievement both for the team and Aston Martin engine, what are your thoughts?
@Milos - Years of struggle finally brought you victory. Were you expecting this when you made your return to the series?
@kedy89 - Some of your statements were bitter towards the series' management regarding the rule changes. But your achievements in these 10 seasons were phenomenal, you must feel proud in the end, even though you lost the title at the last season?
@Azabadaza - Numerous times, RRR proved that it is a team capable of podiums and challenging wins. But consistency was rather poor, as the critiques say. How do you review the past seasons?
@Jimlaad43 - One of the oldest teams in the paddock, undergoing brand changes, supplying the championship winning engine, how do all these feel for you?
@Sasha Jednak - Do you regret taking that break from the sport? Considering the possibility of winning even more titles in those seasons? Are you satisfied with your return?
@rubaru - It is a very tough motorsport for newcomer teams and Ram F1 joined the fray while many rivals had a vast amount of experience and budget. You did not give up like many new teams did and achieved considerable success. How do you review your performance?
@TTupsi - Silvestro and Girl Power might be the most iconic duo of this sport. A constant threat, challenged title more than once... But do you also feel that the latest seasons were a bit disappointing for the team? Still, the past victories must feel good?
@ME9Swe - As the youngest team in the sport, L-ROS proved a strong challenge to the frontrunners, may be with a bit more consistency podiums or even victories could come. Still, did you enjoy this experience?

HUGE THANKS to you folks. That was a great pleasure to play this game with you. I have invested tons of time in this and regret not a single moment. It was quite a joy.

Congrats to Milos and ART, you are the one closing the curtains.

I will start writing short season reviews and tag you again a lot in this thread. I hope you will enjoy some nostalgia. Also I will post the record tables regarding drivers and teams. Stay tuned! :thumbsup:

@kedy89 - Some of your statements were bitter towards the series' management regarding the rule changes. But your achievements in these 10 seasons were phenomenal, you must feel proud in the end, even though you lost the title at the last season?
I stand to what I said, most undeserving winners in the history of the series. Only made possible by rule changes directly aimed at stopping my teams, plus other managers collaborating.

@Milos - Years of struggle finally brought you victory. Were you expecting this when you made your return to the series?
I did, that was the end goal, even if it was the most tryhard thing I've done in my life outside of school. This game always amazed me with its complexity and I've always wanted to win it. I'm happy to have done that finally :)
This season I had enough experience to go up against Golliath, even though BRT and 2KF1 still had much deeper pockets than me (typical for Serbia right @Sasha Jednak ? :roflmao: ) due to the engine customers and having free engines themselves they had a guaranteed income per race while I had to work for the results money. But the planning ahead of the season was excellent (apart from Goodyear tyres) and that probably gave me the titles, because the strategy team needs some work (though they did a good job in Spa). With someone like Tobi or Sasha as the strategist, and without the safety car in Monaco, we probably would have won both titles before Spa, as well as 3 races.
Anyway, I'm happy I finally ended Tobi's streak of 13 titles (that took a while :roflmao: ). Although Tobi is trying his tricks to undermine my achievement, unlike season 6 I think I respected both the actual rules and the moral rules. And I don't think anyone else can disagree with that this time.

Good game Omer :thumbsup:, though I won't be continuing in the new one as I want to start practising competitive programming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back