RD Formula Manager - Season 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this, since last season is over no NDA on bids apply. :p So here it is, I was outbid for Peterson, and then imagine my surprise when he wasn't signed after bids were over. If the winner of bidding doesn't want the driver (although condition for bid is normaly that you want that driver) then give him to the second bidder, done. That will remove any possibility to on purpose push someone just to take out their money.
Same, I was outbid too and was quite surprised when Tobi was able to get him for just 600 with just an email alert. I suggested to just force the highest bidder to pay the price he offered, and I think this is the most effective solution to stopping intentional inflation of driver prices.

Blame the idiotic sister team restrictions.
Sister team restrictions don't have anything to do with this, you still can't bid on these drivers with sister teams. So you'd only be wasting one of BRT's slots.

You have only 2 bidding slots to prevent managers from increasing a driver's price intentionally. Last year, you had 5. :thumbsup:
Well 2 bid places is all I need, Red Night has 1 driver. I can use 1 bid place to get my second driver. And 2nd bid place I can use to offer more for some under 10 skill driver, just to screw sister teams. And then I save 1 bid place with Thunderstorm, or wait for end of bids, and take that driver for 600cr. ;)

Of course there are other managers with already 1 driver, that could do the same. :roflmao: I'm just saying, the hole is there, and it can be used if someone wants.

What Aidan said is perfectly reasonable for me: if you are bidding and you win, you have to take the driver.

Same, I was outbid too and was quite surprised when Tobi was able to get him for just 600 with just an email alert. I suggested to just force the highest bidder to pay the price he offered, and I think this is the most effective solution to stopping intentional inflation of driver prices.
How do you want to force highest bidder to pay the price? I had to chose between bids I won, I opted for another. If you had done that, there most certainly would've been several teams with negative budgets after bidding, that just doesn't work.

Sister team restrictions don't have anything to do with this, you still can't bid on these drivers with sister teams. So you'd only be wasting one of BRT's slots.
That's this season, last season I was restricted to 1000 offers, which never would've got me a decent driver.
Why even allow sister teams in the first place...

What Aidan said is perfectly reasonable for me: if you are bidding and you win, you have to take the driver.
See my first quote, that simply doesn't work.

How do you want to force highest bidder to pay the price? I had to chose between bids I won, I opted for another. If you had done that, there most certainly would've been several teams with negative budgets after bidding, that just doesn't work.

See my first quote, that simply doesn't work.
Actually, you have just confirmed the issue. You made bids on 2 drivers that you knew you couldn't/wouldn't get together. ;)

The problem here is not just your bids, it is that it should have been done in such way that, second bidder is offered the driver since first bidder withdraw from auction.

Tell me who didn't :rolleyes:
:)
I had 5 places to bid for drivers last season. Sent Omer 2 bids. When he told me Peterson is offered more then I can afford, I told him okay and sent him 3rd bid for new driver. :thumbsup:

My common sense told me that bidding for 3 drivers for 2 places, and winning all 3 bids will mean same as Sauber 2015. :roflmao:

When you bid you agree that you want to pay the price. Of course, you shouldn't be allowed to bid more than you have.

I see this as an auction, and I've never seen anyone win the bid at an auction and then not get the item.

Edit: now that I read this again
My common sense told me that bidding for 3 drivers for 2 places, and winning all 3 bids will mean same as Sauber 2015. :roflmao:
I thought this would be the case and made sure I was never winning more than 1 driver bid (I thought I would get a 3rd driver which I didn't need)

Last edited:
The latest bidder has to buy a driver if no one else outbids them. But if the bid is below or equal to 1000, they don't have to.

What about adding this rule? We can restart the bids in case people feel disadvantaged by the change.

Rate agree or disagree please. :thumbsup:

If you win the bid, you win the driver. If you have two drivers and are signing a third, you choose if you want them or not.
If you don't want them, the next bidder will take them.
If there is no one to take them, the driver goes to the open market, but anyone that refused the driver must split the difference between 600 and whatever they bid for the driver in order to secure their services. i.e If I bid 1200 and refused a driver, I can sign them for 900 on the open market.
Or just make them take all their drivers.

You might as well say then that everyone can only bid on one driver...

Also I want to make more than 2 bids with Silver Soul since the rules don't allow me to keep one of my previous drivers.

BIDS are ended!

upload_2018-9-11_0-58-38.png

Marketplace is open. Free drivers are available for 600 now, first one first served.
Remember that you need engine and tyre contracts.
You need to pick two sponsors and a favorite track. (These two can be sent via PM, but not mandatory)
Send your car setups via PM as well (It is mandatory to send in PM).

Happy spending all! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play