RD Formula FG Championship Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished with 1500, mercedes engines-min. Contract offers =1000 remaining, not a lot. Maybe have to look at something different.

Btw, after asking the drivers preferences for next years car, it ended up with a 1-1 draw. And i couldn't choose so i made a decision by spinning the wheel (a website like that actually exists :O_o:) and it decided that we're going to use the sf15-t, with the f643 following next year.

Ps, if anyone wants a car painted, i'm pretty bored (hint hint)

@mystaaRS 3 points short on Falcon but no win either. Is it fingers crossed that next season the car is at a high level again?
Firstly, I thank both @Omer Said and @Rui F. Martins for this season. To the question, if we had one less misfortune or driver error, then we would have got 3rd, but still, 4th is a step up, and the team is already working on next year's car. I dont reckon Honda will lose a lot of power over the post-season, but every season brings new front runners and vice versa, so I can't determine where exactly the car will be next season, apart from on track of course.

Laad demos car at Brands Hatch
Jimmy Laad took the DTK Season 2 car out for a spin today at Brands Hatch. The Brit used Hunsley's 4-race-winning car to delight the fans in Kent.
"Great car, great fun and lots of respect for the fantastic Toyota engine inside it" said Laad.

Here's a donut.
3fZhSnI.gif

Just use the sf15t for s3, noone else has chosen it so far
a quote from the top of this page:

Btw, after asking the drivers preferences for next years car, it ended up with a 1-1 draw. And i couldn't choose so i made a decision by spinning the wheel (a website like that actually exists :O_o:) and it decided that we're going to use the sf15-t, with the f643 following next year.

a quote from the top of this page:

Whoops, didn't notice it:rolleyes:, you know with school starting etc

JAMIE COCKS WINS SEASON 2 CHAMPIONSHIP
View attachment 102538
Jamie Cocks won his maiden Championship by keeping his car in one piece and on the track. With only his teammate Stephan Bohner to beat, the two N-Tech drivers had decent qualifying in regards to their recent efforts, Bohner on the front row while Cocks was on row 4. From the start, we were witnessing a mouth watering duel starting. Bohner quickly made his way to P1 and Cocks followed, moving up a handful of positions from the start, albeit on a different, heavier strategy. Just as we were getting ready for a long battle, Goodyear's finest tyres decided it was time to fail, pitching the Dutchman straight into retirement. With this, Cocks only needed to finish the race in the points, a result the Australian duly delivered with 3rd place, making history in the process.
In the actual race, Jack Hunsley made another monstrous effort count, winning in a tight tussle with Omer Said that ended up blowing wide open late in the race. For the Turk, it meant that Season 2 ended up much like Season 1, without a win. The same went for his Cedars team, the dark green cars had the championship, and six individual race, winning engines, but were unable to reach that top step. To compound the misery somewhat, it kept Said in 4th place overall, behind the defending champion in Hunsley.
Laszlo Csako came in behind the new champ in 4th, possibly the final race of his career as yet. He was ahead of the two Apex cars, the Monacan team enjoying a strong final result, as Daniel Harvey bids farewell to the team with 6th place. Andy Graham was 7th, single handedly beating the 2KF1 pairing of Sigoulakis and McNamara to secure Viper 7th place in the standings, while Tapio Rinneaho had a up and down race in his final appearance in the famous DTK yellow.
Andrea Dovizioso was unlucky in 11th with Ben Herbert behind, unable to overturn the the 3 point gap to Virgin for his RD team. Andy Black was the only finisher as Speedy Racing brought an end to it's distinguished FFG history, although the Dutch team will be back in a new guise next season. Matt Bailey arguably ends his driving career for the time being with 14th ahead of Pablo Diehl who was unable to mount much of a challenge in his home race and final race for Virgin, the team too had their last race, ahead of the Razors of Utzer and Ishikawa. Brugman was the final finisher in his Virgin.
Following Bohner out of the race early were Engberink in probably his final race, Martins and Sharp.

And with that final flurry around Interlagos, the season was done. A hearty congratulations to Jamie Cocks and commiserations to Stephan Bohner on a wonderful season.
We'll be back later in the week with a full season wrap up!

SEASON 2 DRIVERS CHAMPION
JAMIE COCKS (N-TECH-HONDA)

View attachment 102545

RDFIA Press Conference
@Jack Hunsley A stunning turnaround season, culminating in a fourth victory and third overall. About the best that could have been done?
@Omer Said Weirdly enough, almost the opposite of Jack's question. Always close to the front, but never actually there, what could have been done about that?
@Jamie Cocks Congratulations to the new champion, talk us through the race and in particular the moments when Stephan retired and when you crossed the line.

Press Paddock
@Smartbean Firstly, commiserations, a fine season run very close. That being said, how frustrating that it should be a tyre of all things that derailed your title chase. Also, did you think you had Jamie's measure at all?
@William Néron Sad way to end the season in some way, your view on the result?
@Jimlaad43 Talk us through the season, was a very impressive turnaround from pre-season to now. And what of the future?
@Márk Lintner Falcon just secured 3rd ahead of Cedars, what can you say about the season, you guys were so close on many occasions?
@mystaaRS 3 points short on Falcon but no win either. Is it fingers crossed that next season the car is at a high level again?
@Leslie10 We know you won't be driving at Falcon next season, will you be driving anywhere else or is that it for you?
And lastly I open it out to everyone to comment on the final round, or even the entire season if they want.

I dont know . I dont have any offer yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 71 29.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 49 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 50 20.8%
  • Trophies