AC Rd 5 of the Q1 F3 Championship -Thai GP-Thursday 18th April 2024.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the AC Racing club F3 Championship.

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_chang_6-1-124-14-18-47.jpg

A change to the original schedule, this week we race at the Buriram International circuit (Chang).

It hosts many major series: Super GT, SBK, WTCC, Blancpain GT3 Asia and MotoGP. It is the first track in Thailand that has FIA Grade 1 and FIM Grade A status. The primary sponsor of the circuit, Chang Beer, named the track as part of the sponsorship deal.
With three long straights leading into heavy braking zones and two DRS zones, this track gives plenty of overtaking opportunities. With temperatures expected to be well into the mid 30 degrees there is sure to be some hot and sweaty racing at this popular circuit.

1712443940553.png

Download Track here.
Chang International

Not registered yet?

All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Go to our Championship registration page for full details.

AC - F3 Championship Q1 Spring 2024 Registration | Overtake

The race format for this round is:
  • Practice Server: Overtake.com Server 6 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Overtake.com Server 6- Netherlands
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:00 CEST, 20:00 BST) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST) | - Race Start
  • One 60 minute race with mandatory pit stop (put at least 1 litre fuel into your car, tyres optional)
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule. Penalties are enabled, 2 on screen warnings then a drive through penalty, failure to complete penalty will get you kicked off the server. Warning notices appear as you crossing start/finish when you have cut the track and your lap time was faster than your average lap time. So if you cut the track and gain an advantage, slow down!
  • Tyres-S,M,H options
  • DRS is enabled. (make sure you have a button mapped).
  • Daylight(Weather conditions can be found on the events tab on the Championship link)
Further info can be found on the Q1Championship page by clicking on the purple button EVENT DETAILS.
We look forward to seeing you on track!

With three rounds of the F3 Q1 championship still to go (Hockenheim is a double header), it's still all to play for with Allard leading Fulvio by 14 pts and with Hank, Thomas and Laurent in with a chance of causing an upset,this should be a very interesting race.

2Fulvio Fenix67
3Hank Belane57
4Thomas Kimmich54
5Laurent Londes46
6Richard Barratt40
7Steve Hayward34
8Han Fazzi22
9Joseph Elton15
10Jorg Evers11
11Paul Fairweather11
12Dai Feng10
13Andre Murel7
14Omar Filippini6
15Taj Johal4
16Bouke Janssen2
17Shawn Rushold1
18Colin Jones0
19Jason Bagley0
20Allan Ramsbottom0

This Thursday, it's full on action on the super fast and wide circuit of Buriram . With two DRS zones enabled there is sure to be plenty of overtaking.

If you would like to drive and haven't registered yet there is still time to join in, just go to the championship page for full details. https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/46bbecb5-cf59-4707-97d1-dcff85e60bda?server=1

After a terrible start (I don't know how you get these things going) an equally terrible opening lap. Afterwards I was motivated to make everything right until Jörg suddenly clipped into my car, which resulted in a terrible accident for me. Then I decided that this was my one race out of six and had the medical car take me away.

Everything's fine, **** happens. :thumbsup:

Screenshot 2024-04-18 215149.jpg

Finally a flawless race with this car. Great track, was instantly having a good feeling at beginning of practice.
The flow in VR felt great today. Had no wheel to wheel battles but it was an intense fight against the clock and the very fast Allard as he had the same pace so you have to deliver one fast lap after the other with no room for doing "relaxing" laps . Glad made no big mistakes, could keep my pace constant and go for the win. Managed my gap in the end little bit not to risk a mistake so it got close at finish.
Thx Paul for organizing and all for showing up.

cu next time

Last edited:
And once again I can only apologize for my warping around...sorry Hank for ruining your race. Turning graphics settings down didn't help at all. I have stable FPS and ping, so really no idea how to solve this. Anyone here who experienced something like that before? I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Untill that is sorted out I'm going to skip the races, ain't fun like this

And once again I can only apologize for my warping around...sorry Hank for ruining your race. Turning graphics settings down didn't help at all. I have stable FPS and ping, so really no idea how to solve this. Anyone here who experienced something like that before? I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Untill that is sorted out I'm going to skip the races, ain't fun like this
Did you ask @RasmusP ? He's a wizard for this kind of problems.

Thomas Kimmich wins Thai F3 GP.

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_chang_19-3-124-9-3-21.jpg

With a faultless display of controlled driving, Thomas did what Allard had done at the previous round at Suzuka, with pole, race win and fasted lap to complete a very impressive performance on the fast Chang circuit.
In qualy, Thomas took pole by 0.34 of a second ahead of Allard with Hank in third 0.2s back.

At the race start, Thomas got away cleanly and lead into T1, but a poor start from Hank allowed Paul and Steve through, with Han also getting through at T2.

Allard wasn’t able to challenge Thomas early on and by lap 7, Thomas had opened up a 5 second gap. Meanwhile, Paul and Steve were having a fierce battle but with medium tyres underneath the Haas liveried Dallara RSS, Steve was able to drive up the inside of Paul at T1 and despite an attempted defence into T2, Steve was able to drive away and up to P3.

Hank and Jorg were close in the mid field and another unfortunate warp from Jorg saw Hank crash out, something that happened in Suzuka to Paul.

Further back, Fulvio was making his way through the field and had got by Han and Richard and closing in on the top four. On lap 15 Fulvio got a better drive out of T2 and went side by side with Paul through the superfast T3, and a very brave move around the outside had Fulvio move up to fourth and closing in on Steve.

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_chang_19-3-124-9-41-41.jpg

A lap later Han got past Richard at the same corner but this time up the inside, while up ahead Fulvio was pressurising Steve for third place and went by and looked to heading for a podium position, but three spins in the space of two laps must have been enough for Fulvio to pull out as he did not look happy at all with his car.

Han and Richard moved up when Paul spun at the fast T5/6 combination with Paul pitting to change the now red hot and worn hard tyres.

Up at the sharp end, Thomas had opened up a comfortable lead and pitted without drama allowing Allard though to lead. Allard pitted six laps later and as he exited the pit lane, he saw Thomas go by to maintain his advantage.

In third position, Steve pitted but had a slow entry into the pit entry and a slow out lap allowed Richard to gain the overcut and Richard inherited third place when Han spun out on the exit of T5.

Further back down the field Omar and Shawn were having their own battles trying to keep the car on the track.

At the end, Allard had closed the gap slightly to Thomas to 4 seconds as Thomas managed his tyres, but the race win was well deserved for Thomas who now jumps up from fourth in the championship to strong second place behind Allard. Richard completed the podium with a steady drive while others fell away.

Well done to all for competing and for the clean racing.

The final races in this quarter will be the double header at Hockenheim and with 52 points up for grabs it will be interesting to see how the first phase of this exciting championship pans out.

Championship positions after five rounds.

Driver
Allard van den Hoeven​
106​
2​
Thomas Kimmich​
80​
3​
Hank Belane​
69​
4​
Fulvio Fenix​
68​
5​
Richard Barratt​
55​
6​
Laurent Londes​
46​
7​
Steve Hayward​
46​
8​
Han Fazzi​
32​
9​
Paul Fairweather​
19​
10​
Jorg Evers​
17​
11​
Joseph Elton​
15​
12​
Omar Filippini​
10​
13​
Dai Feng​
10​
14​
Andre Murel​
7​
15​
Taj Johal​
4​
16​
Shawn Rushold​
3​
17​
Bouke Janssen​
2​
18​
ernie wright​
0​
19​
Colin Jones​
0​
20​
Jason Bagley​
0​
21​
Allan Ramsbottom​
0​

When FPS are stable and the ping isn't bad either, it's either package loss or late physics (basically physics-package-loss).
Can you load the replay from the race, activate the Render Stats app and expand it, so it looks like this:
1713527448785.png

It should hopefully show some kind of issues, like the "Sim" part at the top showing many late frames or the CPU choking somehow.

Are you connected via LAN or WiFi? WiFi can have a perfect ping but package loss, LAN shouldn't show such issues.

Thanks Rasmus, highly appreciate your help!!

1713535468638.png

So theres no late frames and no warping in the replay, as far as I can see. Watched it for a couple of minutes...
Can you make anything of it?

My connection is via WiFi, but the computer is located pretty close to the access point. Is there a way to check how many packages are getting lost on their way?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-19 155515.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-19 155515.png
    937.3 KB · Views: 10
Sadly it's not an easy case. But your frametimes have some wild pattern.
I guess you're using vsync?
Can you disable it for a test to check if the frametimes pattern gets smoother, when the fps fluctuate at a higher value?

You might get a mini lag for others, when the negative spikes happen, but not sure..

Probably not relates, but might be interesting: can you unfold the python apps section? The apps are making the CPU work harder than the full rest of your AC :cautious:

Thomas Kimmich wins Thai F3 GP.

View attachment 747482
With a faultless display of controlled driving, Thomas did what Allard had done at the previous round at Suzuka, with pole, race win and fasted lap to complete a very impressive performance on the fast Chang circuit.
In qualy, Thomas took pole by 0.34 of a second ahead of Allard with Hank in third 0.2s back.

At the race start, Thomas got away cleanly and lead into T1, but a poor start from Hank allowed Paul and Steve through, with Han also getting through at T2.

Allard wasn’t able to challenge Thomas early on and by lap 7, Thomas had opened up a 5 second gap. Meanwhile, Paul and Steve were having a fierce battle but with medium tyres underneath the Haas liveried Dallara RSS, Steve was able to drive up the inside of Paul at T1 and despite an attempted defence into T2, Steve was able to drive away and up to P3.

Hank and Jorg were close in the mid field and another unfortunate warp from Jorg saw Hank crash out, something that happened in Suzuka to Paul.

Further back, Fulvio was making his way through the field and had got by Han and Richard and closing in on the top four. On lap 15 Fulvio got a better drive out of T2 and went side by side with Paul through the superfast T3, and a very brave move around the outside had Fulvio move up to fourth and closing in on Steve.

View attachment 747484
A lap later Han got past Richard at the same corner but this time up the inside, while up ahead Fulvio was pressurising Steve for third place and went by and looked to heading for a podium position, but three spins in the space of two laps must have been enough for Fulvio to pull out as he did not look happy at all with his car.

Han and Richard moved up when Paul spun at the fast T5/6 combination with Paul pitting to change the now red hot and worn hard tyres.

Up at the sharp end, Thomas had opened up a comfortable lead and pitted without drama allowing Allard though to lead. Allard pitted six laps later and as he exited the pit lane, he saw Thomas go by to maintain his advantage.

In third position, Steve pitted but had a slow entry into the pit entry and a slow out lap allowed Richard to gain the overcut and Richard inherited third place when Han spun out on the exit of T5.

Further back down the field Omar and Shawn were having their own battles trying to keep the car on the track.

At the end, Allard had closed the gap slightly to Thomas to 4 seconds as Thomas managed his tyres, but the race win was well deserved for Thomas who now jumps up from fourth in the championship to strong second place behind Allard. Richard completed the podium with a steady drive while others fell away.

Well done to all for competing and for the clean racing.

The final races in this quarter will be the double header at Hockenheim and with 52 points up for grabs it will be interesting to see how the first phase of this exciting championship pans out.

Championship positions after five rounds.

Driver
Allard van den Hoeven​
106​
2​
Thomas Kimmich​
80​
3​
Hank Belane​
69​
4​
Fulvio Fenix​
68​
5​
Richard Barratt​
55​
6​
Laurent Londes​
46​
7​
Steve Hayward​
46​
8​
Han Fazzi​
32​
9​
Paul Fairweather​
19​
10​
Jorg Evers​
17​
11​
Joseph Elton​
15​
12​
Omar Filippini​
10​
13​
Dai Feng​
10​
14​
Andre Murel​
7​
15​
Taj Johal​
4​
16​
Shawn Rushold​
3​
17​
Bouke Janssen​
2​
18​
ernie wright​
0​
19​
Colin Jones​
0​
20​
Jason Bagley​
0​
21​
Allan Ramsbottom​
0​

Great article Paul. Maybe we need some kind of winner's podium picture. With the profile pictures, for example. Really well written, I love it. :thumbsup:

Sadly it's not an easy case. But your frametimes have some wild pattern.
I guess you're using vsync?
Can you disable it for a test to check if the frametimes pattern gets smoother, when the fps fluctuate at a higher value?

You might get a mini lag for others, when the negative spikes happen, but not sure..

Probably not relates, but might be interesting: can you unfold the python apps section? The apps are making the CPU work harder than the full rest of your AC :cautious:

Now with is with vsync off:
Screenshot 2024-04-20 135325_vsync_off.png

The warping occured in both scenarios, vsync on or off...
I unfolded the apps section, it's sidekick and telemetry tool that take so much performance. Interesting how much they keep the cpu busy^^

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-20 133958_vsync_off.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-20 133958_vsync_off.png
    549 KB · Views: 8
Now with is with vsync off:
View attachment 747863

The warping occured in both scenarios, vsync on or off...
I unfolded the apps section, it's sidekick and telemetry tool that take so much performance. Interesting how much they keep the cpu busy^^
Thanks, yeah telemetry and Sidekick can use a lot of CPU..

Vsync is still on though.. Or an fps limiter?
Your fps are clearly locked at exactly 60.0 fps.
The frametimes are way too spikey and I think that might be the thing to pin down.

CM has an fps limiter and the GPU drivers have an fps limiter option.
Same for vsync. We need to have some "not 60.0 fps" value, which should also get rid of the massive spikes.
The spikes are on the CPU frametime, which might screw with the car positions etc.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.