AC Rd 1 F3 Championship Bahrain International Circuit- Thursday 29th Feb.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
You can just delete it in File Explorer
There is a button in CM (manage car) but as Colin said just delete it from your >AC >content> cars folder.

Then re-install from

There is a button in CM (manage car) but as Colin said just delete it from your >AC >content> cars folder.

Then re-install from
Got it, thanks Paul!

That's not what I meant, if you don't brake too hard you wont lock up. What I meant is that you can do it and get away with it. I saw a lot of people locking up (on purpose I think). Doesn't cause flat spots on this car or excessive tire wear. Lock up like that once on slicks and you should pit for new tires due to the massive flat spots. Sorry for being Mr. Realistic again :redface:
I for one tried hard not to lock up, saw no smoke from my tyres but i did see a lot of tyre smoke from others. Could it be that they were not fully locked up, just losing traction maybe? On the last but one straight there is a bump in the road just as you want to brake for the turn, so unavoidable there is guess.
Other than that, maybe we have to accept a ten year old sim no matter how good it is will have a few quirks to deal with.
It is hard to set up to be fast, i am still playing with it too.
In the race setup i used, i chose to make it turn much quicker on the tight turns but that actually made it slower overall which suprised me. Still learning

Interesting... My last two races were significantly influenced by misfires from the steering wheel. I've already thought about what that could be. Whether on AC itself or on the steering wheel. Then I realized that I recently set CSP to the latest version. But I couldn't imagine that it could have anything to do with it. Today I had another misfire (luckily when driving straight ahead at full throttle). But then I thought to myself, after the race I'll reset it to f 0.1.79.

Let's see what happens at the next race.
I was also having an issue where my FFB was going after alt-tabbing, so I'm going to try this to see if it's realted:

I am a bit surprised by all the tire lockups that happened from almost anyone I saw (including me I guess). The tires were not being flat spotted and it didn't seem to affect the tire wear. Not very realistic it seems. Anybody knows more about that?

Otherwise the car feels great. Not easy to set up, I'm still struggling to get it the way I want.
I can only assume that the reason you were seeing so many lockups from others is because the smoke from others' tyres when they lock is far more visible, and is visible even for a mild under-rotation, not even just a full lock. Makes them look more dramatic for others than yourself.

That being said the reason there were so many lockups is because the F3 car is very stiff in roll so it's easy to lock on turn in.

As for the lack of flat-spots, I think we were using reduced damage, and flat spots are damage rather than tyre wear, so even though we had 100% tyre wear the tyres weren't getting damaged as quickly as they otherwise would. I did some practice offline and there was a big difference with damage on.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.