RBR on Windows 7

Hi guys, really simple question: Are there any issues with running RBR on Windows 7 64bit?

Just wanted to ask the experts before buying the game because you know how older games can be on Vista/7... look at GT Legends, for example... :p

Seeing as the game is the best rally game ever AFAIK, and it's real cheap on ebay...

Thanks, FM96

Sounds like you are on top of things FerrariMan.
Hopefully we will see you in the Rally Club in the near future, it's a great way to learn more about RBR and climb the steep learning curve.
You should love this Sim, but my advice is to spend some time in the Rally School and get used to Richard Burns' helpful coaching. What you learn there is invaluable as you progress with this Sim. ;)

The Off-line Championship is really good fun too.

Yes, the Rally school is great :)

What I've really got to work on is patience and consistency, because in the offline championship I can easily match the times of the other drivers on Professional (haven't tried Champion yet), but I crash too much and can't finish the rallies :p

Something to work on that's for sure... :)

Thanks for the offer, but being A) Located in Australia so most races are completely out of my timezone and B) still living a life where saying "but I have a race online" is not an excuse for anything, it is a bit hard at the moment :p

Oh well, one day it will happen...

LOl.
Excuse A doesn't count, I'm from Oz, and we have lots of other Aussies in the Rally Club, AND, we have Rally's setup for our own timezone every week.

I use excuse B regularly with my wife, and it often works.

Anyway, it would be great to see you in the Rally Club if you ever make it. Have lots of fun with RBR, it may just get you hooked. :p

Running in fullscreen mode is generally no good idea. The device (graphics adapter) gets lost if you switch to another application.
Even any simple popup of windows ("Update", "Defender", virus scanner, whatever) warps you out of the game.
No way to get back in there.

Is there a way to get rid of the window border/title bar?
I think I remember seeing it in window mode and with no borer, but I could be thinking of netKar PRO.

Is there a way to get rid of the window border/title bar?
I think I remember seeing it in window mode and with no borer, but I could be thinking of netKar PRO.

If you mean windowed mode taking up all of the screeen, then yes. If you follow WorkerBee's settings, RBR will "think" it's running in windowed mode, but actually be running in full screen.

The lines that enable this (with FixUp Plugin installed) are:

In RichardBurnsRally.ini:
Fullscreen=false

In FixUp.ini:
fullscreenWindow=1

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back