RBR crash when using custom sound

hey... just discovered rbr a couple days ago, just WOW!!!
this game blew my mind, cant believe i missed this for so long!

anyways... been playing vanilla for abit then i installed NGP plugin, FixUp plugin and RBCIT tool
from this site http://www.ly-racing.de/viewtopic.php?t=7878 nothing else is installed.
now im even more impressed with this game :)

but if i try to enable a custom sound for any of the cars, the game crashes as soon as the car loads on to the track, ive tried enabling it from the RBCIT car installer tool and also manually.
i been trying to search for a solution, but i cant find much about it.
found a suggestion to change the sampling rate in my audio drivers, but it still crashes.

i have fallen in love with the wv1302s beetle
(working my way up to a car with more oomph :))
and would really like to use the sound for it! any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Usually this issue boils down to the "audio" folder not being populated properly.

I assume you have not let RBRCIT unpack the "audio.dat" file when asked to do so.
Should have been displayed some dialog box or so at first startup, from memory.

So I recommend to rename the audio folder (audio.old) and then use the RBRCIT menu "Tools-->Extract audio.dat".
After that, copy your favorite engine (.eng) files where they belong.

Just out of curiosity, you have not installed the game into "C:\Program Files (x86)" ?
It is recommended to install RBR into "C:\Games\" or similar to have all required file system permissions for modding and playing the game without having to use an elevated operating system user account.

yep.. i installed everything correctly, turns out the problem was that i am an idiot! :redface:
but thank you, you put me on the right track with audio.dat, i spent half a day trying to figure this out!

somehow i thought the .eng files created by unpacking audio.dat was files i had put in there, i thought bubbla.eng was a custom sound for the beetle,
as it is what the swedes call a beetle... :cautious:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back