Rattlesnake Road

Rattlesnake Road beta 0.1

As announced on RSC but released here on Racedepartment.
Changed the track layout.
The corners are inspired by some of the fastest in Formula 1.

preview.jpgscreenshot022.jpgscreenshot030.jpg

Very early beta so there's still a lot of flaws and a lot of things to do.
No CG-shaders yet.

The file is in the download section: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2332

Have fun.

Rattlesnake??? Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!!!

I drove my racing Capri in the last season even on Rattlesnake. I love this track, thank you so much :redface:

Capri_RS2.jpg

Rattlesnake??? Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!!!

I drove my racing Capri in the last season even on Rattlesnake. I love this track, thank you so much :redface:

I don't think you ever drove Rattlesnake Road because It's a fantasy track, just released it last night :smile:.
Hope you're not disappointed.

Jesus christ, 437FPS?!

I didn't realize this is something special.
Is it??
I don't have a monster computer with a NASA graphics card, just a simple two year old desktop.

• Tiberius

Nice track, nice layout - I like the fast curves, especially the last section where it snakes uphill. It's really crying out for a good GT or formula car.

Thanks for sharing it :smile:

It's really crying out for a good GT or formula car.

Indeed it is... the Murcielago's 3rd-5th gears are actually relevant on the fast corners :p

I'm looking into making a high performance 60s-70s car to put the 'race' in Racer, just gotta wait for inspiration to strike (the Simca is not exactly a race car). I've been hitting the Wikipedia pages listing 24h Le Mans, Mille Miglia etc. as well as browsing through F1 competitors.

To be fair.. I do have a 8500GT. But still, 400+ is pretty damn amazing. If I were getting that with low graphics settings.. I would definitely put them up.

I know this is a WIP track and I found a couple of problems.

The gfx section of the special.ini file is not up to date and there are only 2 track cameras the first of which shows a lot of trees.

Attached is my change to the gfx section with your section commented out, use it as you wish.

Attachments

• special.7z
    3.4 KB · Views: 270

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back