D

Deleted member 133

• Deleted member 133

How do you like our new look:
- New frontpage, including latest available news, game mods and FIA GT1 player
- New forum layout and style
- Tons of bugs fixed

About time we are going to ask the question: "How do your rate RD's new look?"

The forum looks great, love the background and the colours great job guys. Not entirely sure about the header now though with the background. Headers to me normaly are meant to stand out this one sort of blends in with the site.

Other than that though looks fantastic great job.

Don't care for that shade of green in the donation bar, but overall great colours. Nice to see the forum bugs fixed :)

Also, front page, I think downloads shouldn't be the first in the list. To me, latest comments or upcoming races seem more interesting.

My 2 cents.

I think the layout is very good, but I feel the style of the header was better before. The header used to have a reasonably large picture of a car and the RD logo in perspective which both looked really good, but now its just a background color. Other than that its all good:good:

The Front page is very good, it is a nice balance of real world and SimRacing, and should show enough to attract new Members into the Community.
I much prefer the Forum now, it seems simpler but it is neater, easy to find things, and far fewer bugs and better speed (most of the time).
The Header is very low key now, maybe even a bit too much, but hey, the content and performance is what really counts.

I think the layout is very good, but I feel the style of the header was better before. The header used to have a reasonably large picture of a car and the RD logo in perspective, but now its just a background color.

True :) After the comments made by Paul here about accessing RD on a mobile device we discussed a few options to make RD a little bit easier on the load. The current solution loads a little bit faster and the overal design was made to have less contrast and make it easier on the eyes.

Though if somebody comes up with a lightweight kick ass header example we can of course always reconsider. If somebody wants to give it a go. You can download the RD logo's here :)

Color and layout wise we are going to stick to the blue color design as we are finally happy with the result :)

Hello :)

ok......obviously you'll all be aware that the header re-design was prompted by my post that Bram has linked in the thread, so i figured it was time for me to post here :)

When i mentioned the loading time and logo sizes, it was a suggestion in terms of making the site (and especially the forum) more mobile-friendly and to their credit the chaps here at RD have taken the comment on board and acted on it.....like i say, mucho credit to them. Some of you prefer the old design, and it's to your collective credit that you've been able to discuss this without drifting into the raw 'fanboi'-speak we see on so many other forums these days ;) .... for my part, i like the site design as it is - the important thing here, as with every site, is the content and not the 'bling' (haha), and it is to the continuing credit of Bram and the team here that they not only appreciate the access question, but also give all of the members the opportunity to comment on the design and therefore help in it's evolution....it meant a lot to me that RD were ready to make a change so quickly based on my post, and i'm sure as your ideas and contributions are incorporated into the site design that you'll all feel as 'connected' (i know, a horrible buzzword but y'know...) as i now do.

If i can help the team here to develop a '.mob'-variant site i'll happily do so, with clipped graphics and leaders to stories and general 'not-big-data' tweaks and the like....i'm not a web developer but you know how it is these days - not many are and yet there's a plethora of sites around. We all contribute to the success of this league already by racing hard and fair, and by telling our friends what a damned fine time we had afterwards.....graphics aren't that important compared to that, but as the site develops with real racing coverage, technical help and the general ambience of the place, we'll all end up winning ;)

Big up RD, i'm scoring it a 9 (it would be a 10, but i'm not that fast haha)

Best wishes.....wrighty :)

Nice one Wrighty:wink:

I happen to like the new look and its deffo more 'Mob' friendly:cool: Ive just got an HTC Desire Android fone and it now 'Whizzes' through all of the RD site very quickly. For me, as a New Member of 'Staff' moderating a part of the forum, thats really handy, especially as I'm off on me hollys in a few days too!

I would say a '.Mob' site would be great, but to be honest this current generation of lastest mobile devices are becoming so powerful I'm not 100% sure its really needed? With the advent of Android 2.2, the Iphone 4 and all the other smart fones with 'Propper' browsers normal sites are fine. Still might be worth a 'Poll' to see how many people would use a Mobile RD site????:confused:

Thnx guys, tried to do something without compromise usability.

Changed it again tonight to give the RD logo a more metallic look, I think it merges better with the lines now, did not have time to finish it this afternoon :)

If you don't see it reload with no cache :p

Cya!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back