F1 2010 Ran out of Fuel

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
So im a bit confused, i thought i knew this game well.

ATM im running 50% carrer mode, which ofcourse is a half race. Now to my understanding, i have no fuel use issues as im not running a full race.

Last night playing Marina bay, which ofcourse is 31 laps(50% distance) at roughly 1.48 average a lap, means its one of the longest races time wise on the calander.

The confusing part to me was, half way through laps 29, the car started to stutter. I checked the display and my fuel light was red (i run cockpit view, so rely on the engineer to tell me my fuel is low). Now, i know i did not here my engineer tell me i was low on fuel.

This has pissed me off, i was running 2nd at the time, and then i placed 22nd because i got overtaken. Thsi has i think ruined my championship contension. my fuel map was on fast the whole time but that shouldnt have mattered.

So can anyone tell me what ive done wrong? i assumed that i didnt have fuel issues, but now i seem not.

I'm not so sure it's the flashback thingy. I have been practising Valencia 50% GP mode. On manual gears I keep running out of fuel & havent finished (even when only doing 5 laps fast & rest on cruise). On autogears I ran at least 10 laps on fast & rest on standard, & the fuel light didnt come on until end of lap 28(of 29) & so I finished easily. On all thes practise races I used flashbacks & plenty of them.

When doing an online race same settings (manual gears) there are no flashbacks to be used & I ran out of fuel on lap 26.

It might be the flashback.

The reason why I believe so, is because, you get a wing damage for example, and you flash it back - the car still behaves as if it is damaged, only that you are few seconds before but the car status remains same.

I have a Standard Mode of Engine Map but by the end of 27th lap in Australian GP i was ran out of fuel i don't know how to Solve this
Is this a Bug? this was my First race in the Career Mode of a New profile with all assists off except the TCS which was set to Medium i was running the 50% races for the Season which was a Update of Season Mod 2011
I was using AI tool Kit

No its not a bug, you obviously didnt notice the fuel light flashing prior to running out. That is normally the time you need to change the map to 'cruise', short shift, and drive very economically in order to make it to the end of the race.

Once that light is flashing, your main concern is nursing it home, rather than trying to race.

No its not a bug, you obviously didnt notice the fuel light flashing prior to running out. That is normally the time you need to change the map to 'cruise', short shift, and drive very economically in order to make it to the end of the race.

Once that light is flashing, your main concern is nursing it home, rather than trying to race.

I do not have any Engine Maps mate it was my First Race in the season i was Short Shifting so that i can have the Fuel and despite of all this things also Ive got the Fuel ran out in the 28th lap

Its still not a bug. More likely car setup / driving style / or extra milage from going off track or using flashbacks.

If you use flashbacks, there is a chance it doesnt replenish your fuel level and so technically you are driving more distance and using more fuel.

EDIT - the only fuel related bug that im aware of, is that it seems impossible for people with auto gears to actually run out, even if they run the Fast map for the entire race. It annoys me slightly as the auto box seems to scream the engine compared to how you would drive a manual.

The closest I have been to running out of fuel (that I remember) was in a 50% at Valencia, fuel light started flashing halfway through the last lap...that was with fast mapping the entire race, otherwise no problem.

The biggest "problem" with auto is that it is slow to shift up somtimes which leads to the engine screeming it's a** off (due to wheelspin), but that also has to do with how you have the gears set up and if you give 100% throttle when in first gear comming out a corner. With a more careful approach in applying throttle and as I said, a good gear setup it can be almost completely eliminated.

That, plus the face that when downshifting, auto is much nicer to the engine since it doesn't slam in the gears extremely fast like many manual drivers like to do when using the enginebraking technique for help in braking. That leads to overrevving the engine too...

Yeah I think what it lacks in upshifts it makes up for on the downshifts. It's funny though Jan because watching our race videos you definitely brake later than me, yet without any benefit of engine braking. Must be your magic feet or something :D

Yeah I think what it lacks in upshifts it makes up for on the downshifts. It's funny though Jan because watching our race videos you definitely brake later than me, yet without any benefit of engine braking. Must be your magic feet or something :D

Yeah, could be....

Magicfeet.jpg

I think that the key is - do not put brick :) on the throttle on corner exit...and in final stages of a long race you should drive like when you have to drive in traffic jam with 100 eggs on you passenger seat... Just kidding ..... easy on the throttle and use manual gears..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back