Rallycross Coming Soon to iRacing... New Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Global Rallycross Preview C.jpg

iRacing.com have revealed a raft of new Rallycross content previews, promising the new form of racing will join the service in the very near future...

We have already known that Rallycross content will be coming to the simulation at some stage later this year, however with very little information as to exactly what sort of content we can expect, or how it will be represented in the simulation, it is something of a big deal to see the new images and video content of the cars in action as a release date draws ever closer.

Now iRacing have confirmed a partnership with America's Global Rallycross Championship, bringing a nice mix of different surfaces and varied Rallycross machines not traditionally seen in European competition.

At present it is expected that only the VW Beetle and Ford Focus RS WRC will be available from the off, with Daytona International Raceway (x2), Iowa Speedway, Gateway Motorsports Park and Lucas Oil Raceway representing the initial offering of locations when the new content releases "sometime later in the year".

"This is a really exciting announcement for iRacing fans all around the world,” said Steve Myers, executive vice president and executive producer. “Being able to combine dirt and asphalt racing, plus the changing tracks conditions is something we have been working on for quite a while now and to see it come alive with Red Bull Global Rallycross is amazing.”

“We have been working with iRacing for some time now, collaborating to develop the tracks and working with drivers to ensure the cars perform just as they do in the real world,” said Chip Pankow, founder and COO, Red Bull Global Rallycross. “iRacing will be a great way for our fans to experience Red Bull Global Rallycross in a way they have never before – getting on track and racing. I know our fans will love it!”

To help get you even more in the mood for this new form of racing, check out the brand new preview trailer released by iRacing earlier today...

iRacing.com is an online only racing simulation for PC.

iRacing Global Rallycross Preview B.jpg

Want to share your iRacing experiences with the wider sim racing community here at RaceDepartment? No worries, just check out our iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the conversation today!

Looking forward to Rallycross coming to iRacing? Do you think the service can deliver a positive experience with this kind of racing? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
pretty cool to see! I wonder if this will have it's own security rating, since there will be lot of contacts here I imagine
Patrik,

I believe RX will have it's own Safety Rating, as the standard system would be nowhere near suitable. I also understand Dirt Racing will also be getting its own SR at some point.

Also with the amount of contact in RX, iRacing need to get busy with that new damage model, as the current one won't last 2 minutes in an RX race, lol.

the beetle will be for free I heard and i suppose one of the tracks as well, so one can probably dip a toe in the water as an iRacing member. I am curious to see how it compares to the rX racing in Dirt4 and Dirt Rally, I might buy the Ford just to compare the three physics engines.
Some weeks back it was indeed announced that there will be separate rating systems for the Dirt stuff soon, I suppose this will fall under Dirt as well. One would then have Road / Oval / Dirt ratings, which would make sense.

It's amazing how good Iracings graphics are considering the old engine it runs on. It looks great. But I'll say it again, come on Iracing, sell us a stand alone version. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back