Rally - Rex Refuses to Die - Monday 24th & Tuesday 25th June 2013

After pausing rallying for a long time, I just had to do this rallye. Lovely car and some really fine stages.
I had to soften the car on tarmac as some of the tarmac mod stages really were so bumpy I couldn't drive straight in practice :confused: Flying aeroplane, no turning...
As usual I tried to go with 90-95% and finished the first six stages! Wow, only a spin here and there, not even a call for help.
Ouninpohja is a great stage. I tried to take it easy and lifted on the straights whenever my co-driver told me something like "crest" or "jump". I did not want to loose ground for a second.
With more time in the stage I drove faster and faster, and after 23.9 kms a little too fast:p Really just a little bit. Nearly no big deal, but unfortunately the engine didn't restart anymore. What a pity.

Thanks for organizing this cool rallye and thanks to all participants! Always nice to be here from time to time.

WooHoo :) well pleased.

gutted my first time didn't get recorded though, did that one in 3:44 but it was stuck on in progress. whats the deal when that happens in an online event? it just counts as a stage retirement?

thanks again
Mark

WooHoo :) well pleased.

gutted my first time didn't get recorded though, did that one in 3:44 but it was stuck on in progress. whats the deal when that happens in an online event? it just counts as a stage retirement?

thanks again
Mark
On the server, it's basically a retirement, yes.
If you save your times or stage replays, you can then tell us what your stage time actually was, and we can correct it.

EDIT: oh, it would've been quite a comfortable win for you there, nice. Or unfortunate. But nice :D

Thanks Senad, I was saving all the replays as I went, but when the server fails to record the time my end of stage in game freezes up just before the option to save replay comes up so I cant save replays or exit from the game its odd.

Cruel cruel, this rex! amazing car to drive with H-pattern and 792 degrees, barely controllable but so much fun! retired half of the stages unfortunately, but still had a blast, as usual :)

Edit: remembered now some close split times with Magnus Lindgren, don't know if you were being unlucky all the time to be at the same pace as me, but it made it cool since we were the only in session!

Thanks guys for setting up yet another cool rally!

Well, it was fun, but a difficult rally for me;
SS1: Rolled, landed on Wheels
SS2: Spun 1 time, crashed 3 times
SS3: very difficult with standard settings. rolled, landed on Wheels but heavy damage
SS4: rolled, landed on wheels
SS5: rolled, CFH
SS6. crashed two times, retired
SS7: 2 crashes with one roll, retired. Havent yet seen the finishline at Ouninpohja...
Looking forward to the next round!
Thanks everybody!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%