Rally - Mikko Hirvonen Tribute - Mon 24th & Tue 25th November 2014

Bit of a steep learning curve for me on some stages(note to self: don't push too hard!) But not too bad on Sweet Lamb II and Pirka Menoko.

Some close times on a few stages. Very good fun. See you all next time?

:thumbsup:

Well... had another issue on Mineshaft. This time loaded in the default Citroen. Either way restarted rallyesim and just did SS2 no issues. I'll take the penalty time and fix Mineshaft tonight, will probably do SS1 in the morning with the OC guys just to get a measure of where I should have finished.

Well...

SS1: Obviously a no go.

SS2: Knowing I was losing almost 4 minutes from SS1 I decided to see how many fasts I could do without crashing. Here it seemed lots. No problems and a good stage for me.

SS3: Fast, good, no problems. Oh shock horror, completely wrong pace note in the final split call for help stuck behind buggy trees. Nevermind.

SS4: Ok... I guess, missed a couple of 90s but didn't really falter other than that. Seeing as this stage is the less fun bits of mineshaft I did at least get a go at it in one way this evening.

SS5: Kept it together but hated the stage. Not been on it before and should luck permit I won't go on it again.

SS6: Not been here before but want to go again right now. Fantastic stage, pace notes were a bit too timid so I took it up a gear per corner and it just flew. Wonderful little Finnish stage this one.

SS7: Call for help in split 3. Which in fairness is exactly what I deserved for pushing on this one. Slow and steady is the only option here and I ignored it.

SS8: Spant it around 3 turns in and lost a handful of time but no bother. Sikakama is a wonderful stage, easily one of my favorites and whilst the time I set probably won't be enough down to the spin it was easily my fastest stage of the night.

Thanks for putting up the late session for me @Roy Magnes. Shame I had so many issues with stage one which I will look in to but the rest of the rally was fun. Even less pressure when you take a null time off the bat and can just push. Great car and mostly fun stages. See you all soon.

Oscar.

I think I've finally fixed my RBR crash to desktop problem, so this rally is a test for me. So I'm just gonna take a casual pace and enjoy myself.

SS1 - Took it a bit easy, especially over Mineshaft, was in 2nd gear for that.
SS2 - Felt lots of grip in the first sector, but as the stage went on it felt like the grip got worse and worse, again pretty casual pace.
SS3 - Felt pretty good on this stage, a bit cautious for some corners, but very enjoyable.
SS4 - Whoops, feel off the side of the road here, took me about 20-30 seconds to find my way back up. No CFH though. :)
SS5 - I have a non-centering handbrake (using my h-pattern for it ATM), and I accidentally left it on at the first hairpin, thought my car was somehow stuck in the ground before realizing...
SS6 - Phaaaoooowww! Nearly lost in at the first crest, I went absolutely flying and the car went sideways upon landing, took about 10 direction changes until it was pointing straight again. Very fun stage, although I had framerate issues.
SS7 - Ouch, that was slow. Was way to cautious for the final two sectors. I wonder if anyone was brave enough to try tarmac tyres here?
SS8 - Fun stage, this car feels quite nice on snow. Not the fastest, but a clean run nonetheless. Made many times harder by my cat jumping on me mid-stage. Needed to hook my right arm around so I wouldn't knock him when turning. Note to self: shut the door in future...

A big thank you to Roy and Ole for organizing. The wide variety of surfaces were quite fun, and I really enjoyed this car as well.

Don't think I will be home early enough to have a go tonight, but wanted to show up and keep in touch!
New office from next week on, so I'm too busy with different stuff right now.
Hopefully in this winter I will be back with more commitment.

Sorry for missing the event. I went to the Hospital with my dad for a check-up after last weeks or so problems and, because we were there from about 8 to 3 in the afternoon, I was so tired I couldn't drive in the evening and in the morning I forgot about the event :(

I hope you had fun and that you had fun for me as well :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back