Rally - Gravel Galore - Mon 4th & Tues 5th October 2010

I started off conservatively and did quite well in the first few stages. The rally started later at night for me so i was tired to begin with. As the rally progressed i slowly became more and more tired until i began nodding off in the past few stages (my times will refect it!). Hopefully next time i will get better sleep!

One hell of a ride :goat:, All stages I manage to finish them, not to retire, but at least one CFH per stage or 2 or 3 rock or trees were hit, strange no people involved :D. No practice at all, nearly missed the start of the event, in one SS I missed a 90 degrees left hand turn and hit full speed a fence(road was closed) and those night stages were my nightmare :D.
Anyway, a little bit of Monday night fun, only 3 EU driver and I finally manage to reach the podium :tongue:.
Thanks for everyone for participating and creating this.

I started off conservatively and did quite well in the first few stages. The rally started later at night for me so i was tired to begin with. As the rally progressed i slowly became more and more tired until i began nodding off in the past few stages (my times will refect it!). Hopefully next time i will get better sleep!

Gah, you can drive at any time you want, just let me know in advance :)
Glad everything worked fine at least.

SS1 - C4
SS2 - Impreza

Both horrible. The Citroen was really unstable, and had a huuuuuuuuuuuuge steering sensitivity. The Subaru had an even huger one (sic). No idea why.
I couldn't keep it in a straight line. Will look funny in the replays.

SS3 - Lancer :love:. Had a huge crash, and my engine temperature was higher than my speed for half the stage
SS4 - fails again, and I finished the stage going in reverse :D
SS5 - engine died
SS6 - nooo, had an awesome fail at that first jump at the start, got so disoriented, ended up going the wrong way :D. But my engine died 1km before the end, so no replay :(
SS7 - biggest crash ever
SS8 - slowest crash ever

That was... hard :D

Eddie, I'm guessing you missed the session? I was told daylight savings time started in Australia last week, so the OC session was moved 1 hour earlier. I can set up another one for you in a couple of minutes, if you want?

Just hopped out of the shower 8.25pm, prepped all set to go for 8.30.. the penny dropped at 8.35.. Ahh, yeah.. Brisbane does not observe DST, therefore my pc clock won't either, what a turkey!

Senad, if it's not to much of pain, i wouldn't mind having a run tonight.. is it possible to set one up in 15min? or whateva suits you?

Cheers

This one was more challenging than I was expecting for sure. I always have issues with the WRC cars tho, and I only ran one stage as warm up, so I was really struggling to get the car to do what I wanted it to.

Bisanne especially kicked my butt, I am not sure how I trashed the car to that point without DNF :)

Somehow I missed the last stage as well, I got up to get a drink and got distracted helping the wife with something and must have lost track of time. Came back and I had missed the start deadline. Oh well, I wasn't all that great of a rally for me anyway. Great fun tho!

Bisanne was a ton of fun... it felt like a rally stage from the backroads of my area. Very narrow gravel roads with hardly any room to slide and you gotta be extremely careful. A lot of fun.

Entering into the rally i had no warm up so i am surprised i didn't DNF.

Both horrible. The Citroen was really unstable, and had a huuuuuuuuuuuuge steering sensitivity. The Subaru had an even huger one (sic). No idea why.
I couldn't keep it in a straight line. Will look funny in the replays.

Try increasing the Steering Lock in the vehicle settings (even as high as maximum, 792 degrees) and/or wheel's degrees of rotation. Those WRCs were extremely twitchy to me at the beginning too :).

Overall Rally Results

20101004rdrallygravelga.png

Congrats Brandon, Robb and Eddie :good:
First rally here, and a win :eek:

Stage wins
Lukasz Demolin: 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Dariusz Swiderski: 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Eddie Mann: 1 stage win :star:
Rick Bamford: 1 stage win :star:

If Lukasz hadn't missed the start of SS1, he would've won the rally by 2-3 minutes, bad luck there.
I didn't retire on the first 2 stages (almost a stage win on SS1 actually, no idea how, TBH :eek:), but I gave myself default times, because I changed cars.

Hope you had some fun, and I hope Warren will get better for next weeks rally :eek:

If anyone has any replays they'd like to share, please send them to senad.subasic@gmail.com

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Let me know if you notice any mistakes, or have any suggestions.

Attachments

• 2010-10-04 RD Rally – Gravel Galore.png
    2010-10-04 RD Rally – Gravel Galore.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 207

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering