Rally - Armin Schwarz Tribute - Mon 8th & Tue 9th July 2013

Pretty bad session for me, never got a good feeling with either of the cars. Retired near the start of SS7, very slowly hit a tree that killed the engine.

I did enjoy SS8 though, and I felt I did quite well, but the time was quite a bit lower than my PB, so, dunno.

I started in EU this time after I came online to late to join EUX.
I hadn't practiced and was surprised how great the Celica felt. Lacking some power and grip, but was very well to handle. I really got into a flow.

Stages 1 and 2 are well known to me and a great start into this event.
On 3 and 4 I kept it cautious, didn't want to risk to much. Tarmac physics are still a little special to me.

After the car change I felt the more power and the more grip somehow, but forgot just to drive faster immediately. So I lost some seconds on stage 5.
But I ultimately knew this had been the right approach, when right 200 meters from the start I understeered into the off on stage 6. Lucky me, I was able to climb back to the road and then took it alot easier.
SS 7: On snow I often think I'm going to slowly. Hard to decide how to do a corner when there is all white in white.
SS 8: Didn't want to wreck it so short to the finish, so I never drove flat out. Can't remember I ever had driven this before (maybe I had) and was rather short, so not much to loose there.

All after all, no CFH, no DNF, and massive fun:) Really like these cars.
Thanks for organizing Roy Magnes, providing results Senad Subasic and all who participated!
Roy's times are very fast! He would have won that session for sure without his DNF!

Well done everyone, it certainly was no easy rally. Especially with the change of pace and grip that came with the change of car halfway through. I think we might see some more car-changing-rallys at a later point :)

Nice to see some new names aswell, hope to see you guys out there for more rallies as the year goes on :)

Regarding the number of drivers - I bellieve that summertime and vacations, specially in Europe, is making the drivers spend more time out and about than in the winter period. The enty-number usually increase again towards the autumn and winter again :)

Next week we'll take one step down in pace, but certainly not on the fun-factor. Look out for the post tonight or on thursday :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 40 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 9 6.1%