rF2 Radical SR3 XX @ Canadian Tire Motorsport Park - Fri 19 Jun 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Well I appreciate the gratitude. And I know that there was no ill intentions with your comment - apologies if my response has come across that way.

I have been meaning to do more polls to get the opinion of participants, and to allow you all to have more of an input on the events in which you are taking part, but with things seemingly going pretty well over the last couple of weeks I haven't seen the need. Maybe now might be the time.

As for not knowing the tracks, you can check them out here - CTMP, Road Atlanta, and Lime Rock Park - if you want to try them out before voting for your preferred track(s).

This did cross my mind, but after one week of using the Radical I didn't want everyone to think that we were just going straight back to the GT3 cars. Happy to do this, but only if people are actually interested in driving the Radical. If not then we could, of course, go with something else... maybe the BTCC cars, or something. Suggestions are welcome!

Please do not feel compelled to join, but it would be great if you could! And don't worry too much about being slow or inexperienced with the car. Just wait until you see me on track... it will look like when Bambi first learned to walk!

Hmmm... that is a shame. I would be more than happy to share any of my setups, but I do not yet have one for the Radical. And with the GT3 cars it's a bit difficult when there are so many cars to choose from... there might not be anyone else driving the same car as you who can or is will to share their setup. Some drivers, who are a part of teams, will have setups that they agree not to share because they may use these for league races and do not want to give away their "secrets".

Thanks again! Hopefully we can agree on a track for this week's race, and then re-evaluate the situation following the event on Friday - I will be happy to have a chat with you all on TeamSpeak, and discuss what cars, tracks, and type of events you would like to see.
Thanks for your detailed and complete answer.

Short answer: I really enjoy the Radical and especially all open wheels cars as I'm driving in VR and that way it is just mind blowing with such cars...
Sebring was too much of bumpiness for me and I still don't understand how people can manage 2.05 on that track :D
So I'm happy to join on Friday on a more forgiveness track. All three look fine for the Radical.

Regarding the chat on TS, I will probably not join as my spoken english is way worse than my writing and you would not understand a thing :roflmao:

But I would appreciate a topic so we can discuss about organization :thumbsup:

Cheers mate

So I'm happy to join on Friday on a more forgiveness track. All three look fine for the Radical.
I shall add you to the list, mate! :thumbsup:

Regarding the chat on TS, I will probably not join as my spoken english is way worse than my writing and you would not understand a thing :roflmao:

But I would appreciate a topic so we can discuss about organization :thumbsup:
Not a problem. However, feel free to stick around anyway, if you wish, and if you want do want to provide input without speaking then you can send me a message through TS and I'll relay the message. :)

The reason I chose Sebring for last week's event is because it's a relatively simple track with a number of straights, and a few tricky corners (in regular cars) but I guess they all became a bit trick in the the Radical. And I'm sure the bumpiness didn't help either

Yes, the track itself is not really difficult but I struggled hard with the heterogenous and bumpy surface and learning to use brake without abs at the same time. But I enjoyed the experience. :)

As for BTCC cars, there is this mod - see here - available in the Steam Workshop. I drove it a couple of years ago, and it wasn't bad, but since then it has received a number of updates.

Thanks a lot, I will give it a try.

As @Colin Peach said, it could be nice to have a league per car type, but that means more staff and also more players if like me they can hardly do more than one race per week. If we can make 2 leagues full grid weekly it would be great but if I have to make a choice between two leagues with 10 or 15 players or only one with 30 players or more, I would prefer the second I think.
Anyway, I like the idea to have sometimes "special event" to try new cars or perhaps race format. :)

Yes , a poll and a thread dedicated could be useful to discuss this. (For TS, English is not my main language, it take me a lot of time to write it and my oral is even worst as I have difficulties to speak it but I will try to listen to the discussion if possible ;))

I hope that we will continue to see you take part in our events.

I will do as long I have time to do so. ;)

Yes, the track itself is not really difficult but I struggled hard with the heterogenous and bumpy surface and learning to use brake without abs at the same time. But I enjoyed the experience. :)
Given how difficult it is to drive these cars and the lack of standard aids - TC and ABS - I would be happy to enable the game specific settings, and allow both to be used at "low". At least then drivers have a chance to keep the car pointing in the right direction.

As @Colin Peach said, it could be nice to have a league per car type, but that means more staff and also more players if like me they can hardly do more than one race per week. If we can make 2 leagues full grid weekly it would be great but if I have to make a choice between two leagues with 10 or 15 players or only one with 30 players or more, I would prefer the second I think.
Anyway, I like the idea to have sometimes "special event" to try new cars or perhaps race format. :)
We will definitely have "special events" from time to time. But me hosting more than one event per week, at this moment, is impossible. However, I'm hoping that in the not too distant future, once we can move our hosting over to simracing.gp, it will be easier to set up, manage, and run these events.

We all dream of full grids for every race, but it's not easy or always possible, and circumstances can changes from one minute to the next. I am just trying my best to keep the events interesting for all of you guys, and draw in as many people as possible to take part in the Friday night rFactor 2 club events. Not everything will work, and it seems as though this is one of those things. But I've got to try because, as I said yesterday, the longer we stick with the same style of event the more likely it is that drivers become bored and stop joining the events... which in turn will lead to other people not joining as well, and before we know it the Friday night club event is gone.

Yes , a poll and a thread dedicated could be useful to discuss this. (For TS, English is not my main language, it take me a lot of time to write it and my oral is even worst as I have difficulties to speak it but I will try to listen to the discussion if possible ;))
A dedicated thread would be great, and I would be happy to create one, but my involvement and input in that thread would be very limited. (I won't go into details, but the long and short of it is that I just won't have the time to keep up with discussions, which is why I would rather actually speak about them - for me, at least, it is quicker than typing / writing, but I appreciate that this is not necessarily the case for everyone. I know that may sound silly, but I have good reasons.)

IMPORTANT

The poll has spoken... the chosen circuit for this week's event is Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. I hope that you will be able to join us for this race, and apologies again for the trouble caused by my initial poor choice of track. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll have as many guys as usual taking part this week anyway, due to the choice of car, but I would like to ask those who are not convinced to give it a go anyway and join in with the fun! If nothing else it will be a laugh! To try and ease the "pressure" I have reduced the race length to 30 minutes.

It seems that Lime Rock Park - a track that we haven't used in quite a while - was also getting some love, so maybe that will be the race venue the next time we use these cars. And then maybe Road Atlanta in a few weeks' time, if people are still interested.

SERVER IS UP!

NOTE:
The GetMod service is available once again, so any missing component files that are required for this event (except for paid DLC, if applicable) will be automatically downloaded and installed when joining the server.

Hello, personally I am indifferent to one circuit or another, but if you let me choose for this car I would like to try it in Monaco. hehehehe also I think there is an updated version. :thumbsup:
HAHAHA! Like Bathurst, I think Monaco might be a little bit ambitious now (given that it is incredibly narrow, and has a number of slow corners), but it is definitely a track that we can add to the list and use when drivers start to feel more confident in the car. :)

Given how difficult it is to drive these cars and the lack of standard aids - TC and ABS - I would be happy to enable the game specific settings, and allow both to be used at "low". At least then drivers have a chance to keep the car pointing in the right direction.

IMHO, I would not do that as it would denature the driving of the car and maybe lower the fun you can have to master the car, laps after laps.
Radical is surely rather different than GT3 on TC and ABS side but once you know how to behave with it then you get all the fun and it's a different one than with GT3...

Once again it is my opinion and will stick to the majority if spoken :D

IMHO, I would not do that as it would denature the driving of the car and maybe lower the fun you can have to master the car, laps after laps.
Radical is surely rather different than GT3 on TC and ABS side but once you know how to behave with it then you get all the fun and it's a different one than with GT3...
That is very true - the Radical is a very different beast, and maybe enabling TC and ABS will take the "fun" out of learning how to handle and drive the car. Let's see what others say. It is enabled at the moment, but if the general consensus is to disable the aids then I am more than happy to do so. :thumbsup: Thanks again for your feedback.

Pity you stepped away from the GT3s literally after my first race LOL

I don't own the Radical but I do have a legit question out of sheer curiosity: Why not use the GTE pack?

I suppose there isn't as much variety, especially if you have to buy the Aston, the Ferrari and possibly the "Detroit" separately, but they're sooooo cool!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back