Radical SR3 @ Laguna Seca

Fat-Alfie points out (in the Oschersleben comments) that the SR3 'borrows' the big fat tires of the Praga R1. But it isn't just the grip that makes Shaun's Radical such a great drive, it's the overall balance that hits the Goldilocks 'sweet spot.' The steering is precise, the suspension is compliant (spoiler: except it doesn't handle kerbs all that well), the (fixed) gear ratios are well chosen, the brakes are effective and it responds well to setup tweaks. The cockpit load is agreeable; it's easy to get the power down, easy to recover from a slide, untiring over long stints, the visibility is great and it's tidy enough you don't feel crowded in a multi-car event (on- or off-line). What's not to like?

Attachments

• Laguna_06-02-2020.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Hi there - I downloaded v1.5 of this car and for some reason it seems 'boggy' in 1st gear when moving off. I find that the revs just don't build up quickly enough, and I'm having to rev the engine in neutral and then upshift to 1st in order to move off!

Is that a peculiarity of the mod, or is there a setting I need to change?

Many thanks

Since the gear ratios are fixed in this car, your only recourse is the clutch. Instead of just dumping the clutch (bringing the revs up, then clicking it into gear and/or rushing the clutch), try bringing the revs up whilst feathering the clutch in.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 105 69.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 39 25.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 33 21.7%