Racing software sales not allowed at RD?

I started a thread for a piece of simracing software to sell in the hardware section and it was deleted (it is not shown in my posts and threads started info)? Are we not allowed to sell racing software here at RD?
I did not receive any messages or alerts from the mods. Is this lack of communication from the mods typical or do they send a message to a poster about transgressions in the forums?
thanks!
:)

I see there is sale/swap thread in the hardware section.

Is it that hard or time consuming to have at least sent a PM and say "hey, your post was deleted. We do not allow selling of software" or something to that affect. If you look at my profile you will see I am a new member and not aware of all of the details of the site.

And you still have not answered my original question. Are we not allowed to sell racing software here at RD? I put it in the hardware forum sale/swap thread. Is this legal?

Most forums ban software sales outright simply because of serial numbers having been already used and not being transferable. Even when you ask about unopened software it is still a big No due to hassle verifying, and really the only way to truly know is to try to use the serial but then it is already used up and no good.

Is it that hard or time consuming to have at least sent a PM and say "hey, your post was deleted. We do not allow selling of software" or something to that affect. If you look at my profile you will see I am a new member and not aware of all of the details of the site.
Why should we take care of something that you are supposed to do? I just want to be clear on that, to avoid any further misunderstandings and in case someone else is digging this thread up in the future.

As per the TOU accepted by registering (http://www.racedepartment.com/terms-of-service/) on the site:
  • The staff retain the right to edit/remove content posted by any user if the content is against the rules and can add warnings, or if necessary ban users. For more information on why a post was edited/removed, please contact a member of the staff team.
  • We reserve the rights to remove or modify any messages posted for any reason.
Anyway, hopefully everyone knows that clicking a simple "YES I READ THE RULES" button without actually reading them can and will lead to problems.

Yes, I made a mistake and I apologize. However, you know as well no one (almost no one) reads the entire rules sections when registering. May of us interneters are dumb, lazy and in a hurry. I am certainly not the first person to make this mistake. Thank you for correcting me.

That said. The original mod response could have stated as such but instead he seems to give a cynical response. A simple "No. Please read the forum rules!" response would have taken no longer and not lead to any confusion on my part. If the job is so hard for him that one cannot respond with respect then i would be glad to be trained to take his place. I can offer the same work output as him with the added benefit of being polite and considerate in my responses (assuming the initial contact is polite).

Thank you!:)

So moderators should take the time to personally send you a pm and explaining the rules because you admit you are too lazy and in a rush to read them.

The response was not even cynical but completely correct. GTR2 is software and should not be offered for sale in a hardware forum.

Ebay should be a better platform to sell games for sure and i hope you get a sold.

Reactions: Tom
So moderators should take the time to personally send you a pm and explaining the rules because you admit you are too lazy and in a rush to read them.

The response was not even cynical but completely correct. GTR2 is software and should not be offered for sale in a hardware forum.

Ebay should be a better platform to sell games for sure and i hope you get a sold.

Please you are being pendantic. :)

My offer still stands. If that other moderator is too lazy to send a PM I would gladly train to take his place. I would gladly take time of about 1 minute to craft PMs to send to people who overlook the EULA and make a mistake at RD.

software was sold here and no longer for sale, sorry. :)

It would take the same amount of time to read the forum rules. We don't need to send PM's for moving a thread.

Think our staff team is everything but lazy around here and if you would know this community a bit better I am sure you wouldn't post that in the first place.

Please you are being pendantic. :)

My offer still stands. If that other moderator is too lazy to send a PM I would gladly train to take his place. I would gladly take time of about 1 minute to craft PMs to send to people who overlook the EULA and make a mistake at RD.

software was sold here and no longer for sale, sorry. :)
To add to Brams post: it is your duty to read the rules. You are accepting them. You confirm that you read them.

It isn't our fault that you're lying to us before you even made your first post. Don't blame others for your own mistakes. That being said we are always open to criticism but it should make sense after all. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back