Racing Games Through the Years

It's aimed as more of a visual tour than a recommendation of the good and bad :)

Agree that the F1 series by Crammond was the pinnacle of epic games back in the day. Someone needs to give that bloke the F1 licence again :D

Iv'e always had some sort of machine that i could race on, I was a Saga guy, then Xbox and finally moved over to PC. always had a wheel even the shitty ones,
This was my game when i moved over to PC, Race 07 was good but this was just so much more..
Yes its looking a bit dated but its like your first love..it will always be special to me.. :)

I remember one game from the SNES, I think I played it way more than I was allowed...

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

It even had it's own track editor... :D
358920-kyle-petty-s-no-fear-racing-snes-screenshot-making-a-custom.png

Ok I have owned or currently do own the following. I have added a few (not on your list) which in my opinion are well worthy of a shout out.

1986 Sega Out Run - Sega (got it on Master System)
1989 Indianapolis 500 The Simulation (recognize so May have had)
1996 Daytona USA - Sega (got it on Dreamcast)

*** 1997 Toca Touring Cars (got it on PS1)
ToCATCCCoverPS.jpg

*** 1998 Toca 2 Touring Cars (got it on PS1)
250px-Toca2.jpg

*** Toca World touring cars (got it on PS1)
250px-ToCA3.jpg

*** Toca race drivers 1 and 2 (got it on PS2)
250px-TOCA_Race_Driver_cover.jpg

250px-TOCA_Race_Driver_2_cover.jpg

*** 2008 Ferrari F355 Challenge (got it on Dreamcast)
sega-dreamcast-f355-challenge-passione-rossa.jpg

*** 1999/2000 Mobil 1 Rally Championship (had it on PS1)
Mobil_1_Rally_Championship%2C_front_cover%2C_PC.jpg

1997 F1 97 - Bizzare Creations (got it on PS1)

1998 Colin McRae Rally - Codemasters (had it on PS1)
2003 Colin McRae Rally 3 - Codemasters (got it on original Xbox and PC)
2005 GTR Simbin (got it on PC (disk and steam) )
2006 GTR2- Simbin (got it on PC (disk and steam) )
2013 Assetto Corsa - Kunos Simulazioni (got it on PC)

Another fun fact, this time in relation to Daytona USA. I worked in a sales call centre once (shudders) and to help "motivate" the staff (try paying more, that would help) they brought in a full Daytona arcade rig for us to use.

My memorable daft fact about daytona usa was back in the day I used to think the intro bit went "Daytona, It's a movie" lmao

I remember getting a spectrum 48k and a copy of Chequered Flag for my 10th birthday in 1983. The spectrum was purchased from an ironmongers shop in a small fishing village in the North East of Scotland. I can still remember seeing all the shiny spectrum boxes lined up on a high shelf and the shopkeeper climbing up a stepladder and bringing one down for me, I'll never achieve excitement like that again.

I also remember it took about 8 hours to get the first game to load, my mum and dad had a cassette deck with bass , tone and treble, and if you didn't set them exactly to the correct levels the game wouldn't load, it was like cracking a safe. Anyway, I played Chequered flag to death, but I recall being bitterly dissapointed that the graphics in the game didn't exactly match the cassette box art.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.3%