Racing Games Through the Years

Can anyone remember the good old ZX Spectrum Plus 2? That was a beast of a machine :)

upload_2017-2-4_23-21-58.png

upload_2017-2-4_23-22-48.png

Good times indeed

10p a game at the car boot sale. Used to love scratching around in a random box see what I could find back in the day.

Looking back now it feels like it was yesterday. Must have been at least 20 years ago now, if not more. Time really does fly...

Can anyone remember the good old ZX Spectrum Plus 2? That was a beast of a machine :)

View attachment 171299

View attachment 171300

Good times indeed
I still have my old Spectrum, still boxed in the loft, together with an Atari st520, Commodore C64, Amiga 500, Amiga a1200 and an old 486dx pc. All my old games are also up there causing a fire hazard I suppose. Can't bare to get rid of any of it. Gawd knows how many old joysticks, graphic cards etc are also up there.

Much as I love Grand Prix Legends, it didn't look like the image in the OP in 1998. It looked like this

grand_prix_legends_2004-9468.jpg

Grand Prix Legends was perhaps the last sim where modders really raised the graphics to a whole new level. Proof if any were needed that graphics do matter to hardcore simracers.

Last edited:
I still have my old Spectrum, still boxed in the loft, together with an Atari st520, Commodore C64, Amiga 500, Amiga a1200 and an old 486dx pc. All my old games are also up there causing a fire hazard I suppose. Can't bare to get rid of any of it. Gawd knows how many old joysticks, graphic cards etc are also up there.

Man you are sitting on a gold mine with those Andy! Seriously. I was in CEX the other day and they were telling me about N64 games. Some of them with boxes fetch over £60 each! For a game!

You might have some fun just checking out prices on the site for some of the stuff you have... the woman in the shop said this guy came in with a bag full of old stuff and walked out with £500... for stuff I would have thought worthless and just tossed in the bin!

Because I'm a nice fella I'll only charge you 10% finders fee if you make the sale :)

This one used to annoy me because you had to reach checkpoints if I remember rightly? I always used to crash on the tight mountain bit at the end of one of the tracks. Never did get that bit right...

Yes I was never any good at it lol but yes you did need the checkpoints.

10p a game at the car boot sale. Used to love scratching around in a random box see what I could find back in the day.

Looking back now it feels like it was yesterday. Must have been at least 20 years ago now, if not more. Time really does fly...

Apparently we had ZX but I dont remember it as I was too young the first computer I can remember was our NES I still remember going to toys r us with me dad to get it with SMB + duckhunt. Was awesome.

Well this is blinkin' typical.

I write a nice and well thought out article about my visit to Simbin, take some nice pictures and spend ages trying to get the right "feel" of the piece and get 23 comments.

In this one I thrown together a bunch of old pictures that require literally no thought and half an hour on Wikipedia and boom - nearly 60 comments in an hour!

Bloody marvellous :D:roflmao::roflmao::D
It's the internet.
Given the choice between reading and looking at pictures, the pictures will win any day of the week :D

HA! I actually used to own NASCAR Racing Season 1999 and NASCAR Racing Season 2003 (which I still have on my PC right now) and even got to play one of the games that came in between. Feels a bit silly to have a screenshot of 1999 but not of 2003 :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%