RaceRoom Racing Experience - Silverstone Announced!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Silverstone.jpg

Sector3 Studios have confirmed that work is finally resuming on the studio's recreation of the Silverstone circuit for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Silverstone has been in the works for some time now, however Sector3 indicated that work had stopped on recreating the circuit in recent months as the studio concentrated its resources on producing the monstrous laserscanned Nordschleife recently released by the team.

No further details regarding when the home of the British Grand Prix will be available in the sim, however it is expected that only the current version of the track will be available, and not historic versions including the famous, and now sadly lost, Bridge corner.

Silverstone Map.png

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum for more news and discussions regarding the sim. Have a browse through our setup database and of course sample the fun for yourself, join in and take part in one of our awesome RaceRoom Racing Experience club races today!

Looking forward to Silverstone? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Not a favourite of mine but all new tracks are welcomed.
Cue entry to thread of the "features & pricing" brigade.
Oh come on Kenny. Stop trolling me......;):whistling::D

I love Silverstone............love it.

But we need flags first and better damage modelling and stricter track boundaries and full animated pitsops and rain and ...........and ........Oh I'll think of something. :whistling::thumbsup:

Ps, it is expensive though...........just saying like.:p

Any new content is fantastic news....and even though Sector 3 are a little slow at getting out the content I would secretly like to think Sector 3 are working behind the scenes on all the exciting stuff we would all like to have in the Sim...and one day BOOM...it all comes at once....I feel giddy with excitement....LOL.:D...dreams are free

. Personally, I was hoping for different news concerning R3E but I guess that will have to wait.....As much as I like content, I appreciate a well rounded game even more and in order to enjoy that

As could be repeated ad infinitum... the track artists are entirely different people with vastly different jobs than the people who do the programming.

As such, what do people reasonably expect the track artists to do once they finish a track for the game? To sit their and twiddle their thumbs? Or would it be reasonable to expect them to start work on a new track?

That question should answer itself... :rolleyes:

And with a backlog of tracks to be worked on, the track guys will be busy for quite a while with more announcements down the road as I would guess.

Not even a rumor unfortunately. The closest you're going to get is the FR2 cars,

Not quite... they were interviewed last year and said they are making their own version of an F1 car... FR1, FR2, FR Jr., Tatuus F4, and I think they may have said a vintage formula car too... but Im not sure on that one.

See here on page 57.

Last edited:
Not quite... they were interviewed last year and said they are making their own version of an F1 car... FR1, FR2, FR Jr., Tatuus F4, and I think they may have said a vintage formula car too... but Im not sure on that one.

See here on page 57.
Huh, well that's news to me. :D My mistake. Still definitely a long way out looking at all the current content that hasn't released yet and most likely won't for another 3-4 months.

I don't care much for modern Formula 1, but would enjoy re-enacting the Nikki Lauda / James Hunt etc. era from the '70s
Much as I hate to say it, I think AMS has that tied up, add their historic tracks plus modded ones and it's covered.
Also would be a good way for Codies to go after success of F1 2016, considering the amount of people who praised the classic content in F1 2013.
Sorry to go off topic, hope the moderator for the thread doesn't punish me too much:whistling:

Much as I hate to say it, I think AMS has that tied up, add their historic tracks plus modded ones and it's covered.
Also would be a good way for Codies to go after success of F1 2016, considering the amount of people who praised the classic content in F1 2013.
Sorry to go off topic, hope the moderator for the thread doesn't punish me too much:whistling:

You're probably right, just as well I have AMS too, then! I don't mind, I mainly got R3E for GT3 and touring cars anyway

The closest you're going to get is the FR2 cars, and they have so much on their plate at the moment with the GT3 cars, Silverstone, VLN Audi, BMW i235 and X-BOW that I doubt we'll see anything else "open wheel" for a while.
Love their "plate" !
Not much into open wheelers myself, not even Classics. The main reason for stepping into R3E was the lack of open wheelers... :p
In the meantime I found lots of other reasons to like R3E...:)

Look forward to this, even though I like the old layout much more. Croft, Knockhill, Oulton Park, Donington and Thruxton would also be good, and why not Snetterton aswell. Basically the whole BTCC calendar would do nicely, fantastic tracks.

Look forward to this, even though I like the old layout much more. Croft, Knockhill, Oulton Park, Donington and Thruxton would also be good, and why not Snetterton aswell. Basically the whole BTCC calendar would do nicely, fantastic tracks.
Followed by the official licensing of the series, ah if dreams could come true:)

Fortunately due to the sterling work of AndreasFSC I can enjoy it from the 90's in Race07. Surely some devs will at some point try for this.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.