RaceRoom Racing Experience | New Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have deployed a new update to their RaceRoom Racing Experience title - adding a number of content tweaks and the 2020 WTCR Esport content update.

The new build is available now and weighs in around 250MB, containing a number of physics updates for a selection of vehicles, including the enjoyable Porsche Cayman GT4 car that released for the simulation back in 2019.

Also notable for the new build is a livery update for the 2020 WTCR cars - although it is worth noting these are only accessible via in game competitions, and not yet available as single player content within the title itself.

R3E Middle.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience Update Notes:
  • Formula RaceRoom Junior - Updated physics to latest tyre model v4.1 - Leaderboards were cleared.
  • Hillclimb Icons cars - Updated physics to latest tyre model v4.1 - Leaderboards were cleared.
  • Porsche Cayman 981 GT4 Clubsport - Updated physics to latest tyre model v4.1 - Leaderboards were cleared.
  • Motorland Aragon - Improved AI behaviour on the MotoGP layout
  • Sachsenring - Revision of some cut detections, making it more strict - Leaderboards were cleared.
  • Suzuka - Revision to some cut detections, making it more lenient in some areas.
  • Esports WTCR car class has now received livery updates to match the Zolder and Nurburgring real rounds. Note: This class is only accessible through competitions. It is the one that was used in the pre-season series with the real drivers back in June 2020. You can watch it on Youtube

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively on PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Head over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a thread today!

R3E Footer.jpg

Last edited:
There's nothing to fix because it isn't broken.

This is exactly why the conversation on Sector3 forum isn't going anywhere. These "I don't have a problem so no one else can't be having one either" guys keep littering every thread.

I really don't understand why it is so hard for you to understand that it is very much possible for others to encounter a bug that you don't. It's actually very common in software. That's what makes fixing some bugs so difficult.

This isn't a matter of taste thing. I've started simracing in the 90's and I've driven a lot of different sims and I can easily adapt to different kind of FFB's. But there's nothing to adapt here, there is practically no useful FFB at all.

This is exactly why the conversation on Sector3 forum isn't going anywhere. These "I don't have a problem so no one else can't be having one either" guys keep littering every thread.

I really don't understand why it is so hard for you to understand that it is very much possible for others to encounter a bug that you don't. It's actually very common in software. That's what makes fixing some bugs so difficult.

This isn't a matter of taste thing. I've started simracing in the 90's and I've driven a lot of different sims and I can easily adapt to different kind of FFB's. But there's nothing to adapt here, there is practically no useful FFB at all.

Maybe it's you that is wrong?

I assume you have tried to clear all related folders to make sure nothing is overwriting new settings with old? I would even suggest to go as far as to try it with a clean installation of Windows, just to make sure you have excluded everything on the software side.

Thanks for trying to help but I'm not going to go through this again. This has been discussed at Sector3 forums in great length.

As I said, I just commented on what earlier poster possibly meant by that FFB comment. It was not my intention to drag this discussion from Sector3 forums to here.

Last edited:
To be fair, just because you aren't having issues it doesn't mean that nobody is. I'm not having the Thrustmaster tyre flat spot FFB problem on my T300, for example, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It does, and S3 have acknowledged it. This "flat" FFB issue which some people are reporting could be bug just as obscure as that one.

If enough people are reporting it then I'm sure S3 are taking it seriously, regardless of how many people post that they aren't having the problem themselves. So please, back on topic.

Last edited:
To be fair, just because you aren't having issues it doesn't mean that nobody is. I'm not having the Thrustmaster tyre flat spot FFB problem on my T300, for example, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It does, and S3 have acknowledged it. This "flat" FFB issue which some people are reporting could be bug just as obscure as that one.

If enough people are reporting it then I'm sure S3 are taking it seriously, regardless of how many people post that they aren't having the problem themselves. So please, back on topic.

Hi. I'm a tester with RR so I'm aware of which issues are current. That guy isn't talking of the TM bug though. He's one of the few who were disgruntled with the changes made to the ffb generally in the big update last December. So, respectfully, as I said the ffb isn't fundamentally broken and so will not be fixed. It would be slightly helpful if he stated what exactly he believes the problem is but whatever.

Last edited:
That guy isn't talking of the TM bug though.
Never said he was. I was using it as a perfect example of an issue some are having which others are not.

He's one of the few who were disgruntled with the changes made to the ffb generally in the big update last December.
Using the obscurity of the flat-spot bug as an example, you can say without a shadow of a doubt that the people complaining about "flat" FFB are just "disgruntled" and can't possibly be experiencing some other kind of obscure issue? No, of course you can't.

It would be slightly helpful if he stated what exactly he believes the problem is but whatever.
He has, on S3's own forums, which you've presumably read all about since you're apparently a tester for them yourself. Or do you not read other people's feedback?

If you want to just dismiss people's problems and label them as complainers, then I'd prefer you stick to doing it on the S3 forums. I don't need to be dealing with the petty arguments it generates over here. Thanks.

Never said he was. I was using it as a perfect example of an issue some are having which others are not.

Using the obscurity of the flat-spot bug as an example, you can say without a shadow of a doubt that the people complaining about "flat" FFB are just "disgruntled" and can't possibly be experiencing some other kind of obscure issue? No, of course you can't.

He has, on S3's own forums, which you've presumably read all about since you're apparently a tester for them yourself. Or do you not read other people's feedback?

If you want to just dismiss people's problems and label them as complainers, then I'd prefer you stick to doing it on the S3 forums. I don't need to be dealing with the petty arguments it generates over here. Thanks.

Constructive criticism is helpful......saying you broke it.....isn't. I've just realised why I don't bother posting over here. Bye then.

Well, it's probably not as simple as that. I also have the same issue with my TX Racing wheel.

Since December 2019 , the FFB has never been great in R3E, but it was really nice before that date.
So, we made some FFB profiles tests with Alex and Jean-François yesterday, and we came to the conclusion that the Thrustmaster TX bases probably don't all react the same way depending on their manufacturing period.

There is no other explanation when people with the exact same wheels and same drivers obtain some totally different FFB effects.
It's interesting to note that the drivers version doesn't seem to make any difference here.

It's a shame but this kind of thing can happen with such mass produced devices, unfortunately. :(

Last edited:
Thanks for trying to help but I'm not going to go through this again. This has been discussed at Sector3 forums in great length.

As I said, I just commented on what earlier poster possibly meant by that FFB comment. It was not my intention to drag this discussion from Sector3 forums to here.
Looking at the post above, there might be some perspective. Hope it gets solved at some point as it's a great game.

Looking at the post above, there might be some perspective. Hope it gets solved at some point as it's a great game.

I hope so too. People who say there is no bug and get furious about somebody reporting it seem to think I don't like R3E and criticise it because of that. That's not the case, I really like it. But that didn't prevent me from getting affected by this bug

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Well, it's probably not as simple as that. I also have the same issue with my TX Racing wheel.

Since December 2019 , the FFB has never been great in R3E, but it was really nice before that date.
So, we made some FFB profiles tests with Alex and Jean-François yesterday, and we came to the conclusion that the Thrustmaster TX bases probably don't all react the same way depending on their manufacturing period.

There is no other explanation when people with the exact same wheels and same drivers obtain some totally different FFB effects.
It's interesting to note that the drivers version doesn't seem to make any difference here.

It's a shame but this kind of thing can happen with such mass produced devices, unfortunately. :(
Windows version and different USB controller/driver could also be a culprit. Seems like T300 is problematic with other sims as well at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope so too. People who say there is no bug and get furious about somebody reporting it seem to think I don't like R3E and criticise it because of that. That's not the case, I really like it. But that didn't prevent me from getting affected by this bug
I know you do, otherwise you wouldn't be so passionate! Not many things worse than being unable to play a sim you love.

Last edited:
I assume you have tried to clear all related folders to make sure nothing is overwriting new settings with old? I would even suggest to go as far as to try it with a clean installation of Windows, just to make sure you have excluded everything on the software side.

Recently Raceroom has felt too numb for my tastes. I'm going to clear out my FFB settings folders and re-map my controls. Maybe that would fix it for me. Thanks for the reminder.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back