RaceRoom Racing Experience | New Hotfix Update Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new hotfix update for RaceRoom Racing Experience has been deployed to Steam - available to download now.

Following up from the latest big build release back on April 8th, Sector3 Studios have deployed another new hotfix patch for their RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation, addressing some of the more noticeable issues brought into the core game mechanics following the latest release.

As is usually the case with hotfix releases, various aspects of the game have been reviewed and tweaked as part of this latest build, as well as a few nice additional changes thrown in for good measure.

You can check out the update notes in full below:

• Reduced grip loss from having grass on your tyres.
  • Reduced grass bumpiness and rolling resistance properties.
  • Fixed an issue in championship game mode where AI could be seen not always leaving the pits during practice and qualifying sessions
  • Fixed the data display used in cars such as the Callaway C7 that would fail to show the tyre wear percentage under a certain level as the background turned into the same color as the lettering.
  • Further improvements to AI behaviour in banked corners
  • Simucube support - Reduced Stationary friction for Simucube 2 default profiles
  • Simucube support - Previously reported as a known issue, the bug where forces would continue to be applied even after pressing ESC is gone.
  • DTM 03, 05, 14, 15, 16 - Improvements to gearshift timers and drivetrain oscillations.
  • Group 4 & Procar - Updated default gear ratios for certain tracks
  • GT3 - Porsche 911 GT3 R (2019) - Fixed low fuel warning on the data display that was wrongly showing a low battery state of charge. Fixed a wrong spelling of "Mannheim" on liveries #17 and #18.
  • GT4 - Tweaks to AI behaviour to reduce occurences of AI's losing control
  • WTCR - Fixed mirrored logos on Alfa Romeo's driver gloves
  • WTCR - Improved visibility of the CUPRA brakelights
  • Hungaroring - Improved AI behaviour around certain corners.
  • Ningbo - Fixed the broken cut detection that was previously reported as a known issue.
  • Nordschleife - Improved AI behaviour around certain corners.
  • Scandinavia Raceway (Anderstorp) - Improved AI behaviour around certain corners.
  • Zhejiang - Fixed a waypoint for AI to make sure they behave correctly during a rolling start

Original Source: RaceRoom Racing Experience

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively for PC, available now.

Our community is awesome. How awesome? Start up a thread over on the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RD and find out!

RaceRoom Hotfix Update 2.jpg

Last edited:
If Raceroom wants to survive there is only one solution, pay Reiza to improve their Physics-Forcefeedback info that sends to the wheel because this is their weakest aspect...
Absolute nonsense. R3E has been going since 2013... that's seven years. But now it's suddenly going to collapse because you don't happen to like the FFB? I somehow doubt it. Anyone that knows anything about sim-racing will acknowledge that FFB is the single most subjective feature of the genre, and that each and every sim has it's fair share of supporters and detractors. There are plenty of people who dislike Reiza's FFB in both AMS 1 & 2, so they have not found the magic solution which makes FFB perfect for everybody, and nobody ever will. It's down to personal preference.

I really don't understand why people need to use gross exaggeration and nonsense in an effort to make their point. It's unnecessary and ultimately leads to a loss of credibility rather than them being taken seriously.

• Deleted member 197115

If Raceroom wants to survive there is only one solution, pay Reiza to improve their Physics-Forcefeedback info that sends to the wheel because this is their weakest aspect that did i bought it test it and uninstalled it , great content, moderate graphics and amazing sounds BUT if they dont fix that aspects i said will end in the trush basket and its a shame cuz i love the good intentions of them still working on the sim!

But yeah please RR contact Reiza as soon as posible!
If you are talking about AMS2, in current state R3E FFB with the right settings makes more sense.
R3E problem though is that they have too many of these settings, almost PCars1 level, and default profiles sometimes don't work that well, one parameter off and it all goes haywire as it was with default Simucube 2 Pro profile.

Plus Reiza is just advanced content creator, if there is anything inherently wrong with R3E physics/ffb engine, doubt there is anything they can do.

If you are talking about AMS2, in current state R3E FFB with the right settings makes more sense.
R3E problem though is that they have too many of these settings, almost PCars1 level, and default profiles sometimes don't work that well, one parameter off and it all goes haywire as it was with default Simucube 2 Pro profile.

Plus Reiza is just advanced content creator, if there is anything inherently wrong with R3E physics/ffb engine, doubt there is anything they can do.
im a bit confused with the last bit you said .....

can you expand on it ?

Andi

R3E problem though is that they have too many of these settings,
Absolutely my point too Andrew... One setting or more off (of the many available), and its ruined... I just tend to load the default [and dont touch anything] thereafter... but you end up doing it in the end, and then, you're toasted.
One special culprit is the <Tyre versus Rack> setting. It makes a HUUUGE diference in yhe way FFB feels, huge... That setting should be factory-locked per car in the inner guts of the code - I dont know how a GTR3 or a 911 CUP should or must feel, I just wish the developers set it, end of story.
The way some others titles adress this issue by just having 2 to 4 adjustments at most, its much better IMO and I guess R3E, that I really love and is my go-sim for a long time, could just benefit from it and substantially lower the problems they have with customers for having so many options to fiddle and that end up ruining their FFB precisely because of that.
Too many knobs to play = infinite ways to mess things up.
Still, i love the game ;)
Cheers

I just wish the developers set it, end of story.
The developers do set it, by providing a default profile. If you ruin it by changing it then that's hardly their fault. Personally, I'm sick and tired of developers of all types, games and software, constantly removing settings because people that don't know how to use them are buggering up their software. Just put a big button labelled DEFAULT which people can push to reset everything, and leave the other options alone for those of us who want to use them.

• Deleted member 197115

If you expect users not to touch settings, why leave them in place for messing with?
I think we have two groups of sims that adhere to different philosophies:
- Kunos, iRacing, may be a few others where generated from physics engine signal remains practically unchanged except gain and may few amplifiers for few effects.
- PCars, R3E where signal from physics can go through gazillion of different adjustments and tweaks, leaving too much room for end user interpretation and therefore tuning errors.

If you expect users not to touch settings, why leave them in place for messing with?
As I said, if people can't resist messing with things they don't understand, then that's their problem. A button to return settings to default solves the issue of people ruining their game, so why gimp everybody else that can change these settings with knowledge and confidence? Given that FFB is such a subjective area, there is no "perfect setting" the devs can come up with which everyone will be happy with.

Leave those of us who can tweak the options the ability to do so instead, of forcing us to use someone else's idea of perfection.

Somehow this hotfix seems to have killed the game for me. When starting it Windows reports "not responding" after few seconds. Removed user profile/data: no change. Fully reinstalled the game: still no luck.
Anyone have a clue?

Thanks for you help. I'm running only Windows Defender. Turning it off didn't help.
Tried both 32 and 64bit exe's but same issue.
Disabled as much software as possible apart from Simucube and wheel software.
can you start it let it not do its thing close it and then hunt for the mwtransport file and post it here or better still come on the raceroom discord channel

Andi

can you start it let it not do its thing close it and then hunt for the mwtransport file and post it here or better still come on the raceroom discord channel

Andi
Thanks again, unfortunately there are no logs anywhere. Not in My Documents (so no mwtransport file) and not in the common folder.
When starting RaceRoom (both 32bit and 64bit) results in the tiny start screen followed by... nothing.
After reading somewhere that the common.kluns file could be a problem, I removed that one too and did integrity check through Steam but to no avail.
I guess I'm out of options as there is no logging available anywhere and fresh install - incl. removing entire user data - did not help either.

The developers do set it, by providing a default profile. If you ruin it by changing it then that's hardly their fault. Personally, I'm sick and tired of developers of all types, games and software, constantly removing settings because people that don't know how to use them are buggering up their software.
Fully agree with that. But personally I allways save the orig wheel profile before I change any settings.
Because If I then feels like my changes gets me on too deep water its easy to find the saved backup profile and start with the default settings again.
No rocket science using that strategy - and furthermore no reason to moan about the possibility for other users who know what they are doing to be able to tweak settings to their preference.:thumbsup:

• Deleted member 197115

Fully agree with that. But personally I allways save the orig wheel profile before I change any settings.
Because If I then feels like my changes gets me on too deep water its easy to find the saved backup profile and start with the default settings again.
No rocket science using that strategy - and furthermore no reason to moan about the possibility for other users who know what they are doing to be able to tweak settings to their preference.:thumbsup:
Only it was the default profile with the "wrong" setting for SC2 that we fixed on GD forum to make sim finally playable.
So noone is safe from these "interpretation" mistakes, even devs.
And that "know what I am doing" is not the right attitude in this scenario. Interaction between different settings in R3E FFB is very complex, it takes very fine balancing act to find the right ratio between vertical, lateral and steering rack forces, with potential outcome not representative of the real car behavior.
And if physics is right, it shouldn't be this way, unless you are compensating for some deficiencies of the former.
Same goes for PCars, both iterations. Took Jack Spade, Chris, and a bunch of other wannabe FFB tuners to get it to at least somewhat acceptable level with varied degree of success, as it was a complete junk out of the box.

Afraid it's just the way it is with these engine, as they share the same DNA. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Only it was the default profile with the "wrong" setting for SC2 that we fixed on GD forum to make sim finally playable.
So noone is safe from these "interpretation" mistakes, even devs.
And that "know what I am doing" is not the right attitude in this scenario. Interaction between different settings in R3E FFB is very complex, it takes very fine balancing act to find the right ratio between vertical, lateral and steering rack forces, with potential outcome not representative of the real car behavior.
If you read what Im saying without putting your own presumptions into it then Im answering/commenting on the following reasonable posting from Goffik.
As I said, if people can't resist messing with things they don't understand, then that's their problem. A button to return settings to default solves the issue of people ruining their game, so why gimp everybody else that can change these settings with knowledge and confidence?
And the point here is that people supposedly cannot get back to the orig default settings when they have messed things up.
I dont really care if the orig profile is good or not - the problem I comment on is if its easy to get some kind of Default Button using "my" backup method.
And it is.

And your personal negative oppinion about people who "know what I am doing" is just - your personal oppinion.
No big deal.
Because you are ofcourse allowed to have it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back