RaceRoom Racing Experience Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Hotfix Update.jpg

Sector3 Studios have deployed a small new hotfix for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

The new patch, weighing in at 1.5GB, was deployed to RaceRoom Racing Experience on Steam yesterday and aims to address a couple of small issues with the simulation discovered in recent weeks.

Not particularly exciting for those looking for game changing new features or content, the update that came out on Steam yesterday is nevertheless a useful bit of coding by the team over at Sector3, and comes with some helpful tweaks to the sim sim while we await on of the more substantial build releases in the weeks ahead.

Highlights of the hotfix include some work around various track improvements and a slightly annoying bug reported by some users who suffered false invalidation of laps under certain circumstances at the legendary Nordschleife circuit.

You can check out the latest update notes below:

Game:
  • Fixed a false positive detection of a clock-hack on Nordschleife (with the Nordschleife layout) that was resulting in the first lap started right after loading would always be invalidated.
Art
  • Brands Hatch - Fixed some extreme bumps, swapped old 2D spectators, small AO tweaks.
  • Sonoma - Fixed an issue where "Long" layout would trigger an off-track incident point event in turn 7 when running a bit wide but still on-track.
  • Falkenberg - Fixed an issue where player could be considered as having entered the pitlane by driving too close to the pit entry. Pitlane entrance has been moved further back.
  • Motegi - Fixed a tyrewall that had no collision and could be driven through on the start/finish straight.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Tell us what you think of the current state of RaceRoom Racing Experience and comment on the new hotfix below!

Last edited:

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
while we await on of the more substantial build releases in the weeks ahead.
Why, do tell, Paul :)

Hope this fix has something in it to address an issue as of late. I cold boot the PC, start the game and begin a session the fps is around 45-55. Reboot the PC and start the game again, start a session and all is good with fps in the 80's.
Any ideas would be appreciated.:confused:

Last edited:

alexSchmurtz

SpeedyMite Racing
start problems with game after 5-10 minutes . stuttering pictures. msi afterburner shows 60 fps
I did a club race last week and I had exactly the same happening: impossible to drive after a few minutes. Brand new PC so fresh instal, I did a fresh profile, 2d screen, 1080ti / i7 8700K / 32 GB.
Our dear @Martin Fiala suggested me to try running the 32 bits exe and that worked flawlessly! At least this could be a work around until hopefully a proper fix.

I'm running MSI too btw, so maybe there is a conflict?

Yeah, I encountered the issue again yesterday, for the first time in multiplayer (previously it was exclusive to single player in my case), and switching to 32bit once again did seem to help.

Though testing it without Afterburner might be in order (and I'll do that as soon as I have some time for that), I am using it as well.

protonv5

@Simberia
I think I will start a ship building company. I know nothing about it and will not be able to create anything sea-worthy and there will be nothing but problems. Yet, this is what I want to do. Then I will make excuses like: Ship building is very complicated. It takes a lot of hours. It is very expensive. Would anyone feel bad for me?
Customer: The ship you made me sank.
Company: Ship building is very complicated.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.6%
  • €151-500

Votes: 133 26.7%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 44 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 10.0%
  • €3001-5000