RaceRoom Racing Experience Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Hotfix Update.jpg

Sector3 Studios have deployed a small new hotfix for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

The new patch, weighing in at 1.5GB, was deployed to RaceRoom Racing Experience on Steam yesterday and aims to address a couple of small issues with the simulation discovered in recent weeks.

Not particularly exciting for those looking for game changing new features or content, the update that came out on Steam yesterday is nevertheless a useful bit of coding by the team over at Sector3, and comes with some helpful tweaks to the sim sim while we await on of the more substantial build releases in the weeks ahead.

Highlights of the hotfix include some work around various track improvements and a slightly annoying bug reported by some users who suffered false invalidation of laps under certain circumstances at the legendary Nordschleife circuit.

You can check out the latest update notes below:

Game:
  • Fixed a false positive detection of a clock-hack on Nordschleife (with the Nordschleife layout) that was resulting in the first lap started right after loading would always be invalidated.
Art
  • Brands Hatch - Fixed some extreme bumps, swapped old 2D spectators, small AO tweaks.
  • Sonoma - Fixed an issue where "Long" layout would trigger an off-track incident point event in turn 7 when running a bit wide but still on-track.
  • Falkenberg - Fixed an issue where player could be considered as having entered the pitlane by driving too close to the pit entry. Pitlane entrance has been moved further back.
  • Motegi - Fixed a tyrewall that had no collision and could be driven through on the start/finish straight.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Tell us what you think of the current state of RaceRoom Racing Experience and comment on the new hotfix below!

Last edited:
They themselves admitted that the sound is not right and said they would fix it this summer when they could get to the track and re-record it.

Not quite. It was mentioned that they would look into the possibility of improving it if that chance presented itself. There was an attempt already to improve it, but that didnt work out. And there hasnt been any chance to see the car in person to do a recording which may or may not sound better than it already is.

Well, the sound is wrong, so I really hope it will get FIXED.
Not only the transmission whine is bollocks, but the engine sound too.

That's like, your opinion, man.

Nothing is wrong with the sound. It's just a small vocal minority complaining.

if u sticked on the inside of the corner u was fine.

Position on the track had little/nothing to do with this bug :p

It would invalidate no matter how you drove.

today must be SAFF - Start a Fight Friday

So, just a normal update news thread at RD where the comments instantly turn into wishlists and complaints that are completely irrelevant to what the thread is about :D

Nothing is wrong with the sound.
And that is like, your opinion, man. If there was nothing wrong with the sound then the devs wouldn't even have it on their radar to improve. They have, so they must agree to an extent with the vocal minority.

Wouldn't it be lovely if we could all just agree that opinions are just that... opinions, which don't require everyone to try to keep having the last word. I think I'm about done even reading these patch threads. SSDD. :thumbsdown:

Not quite. It was mentioned that they would look into the possibility of improving it if that chance presented itself. There was an attempt already to improve it, but that didnt work out. And there hasnt been any chance to see the car in person to do a recording which may or may not sound better than it already is.

That's like, your opinion, man.

Nothing is wrong with the sound. It's just a small vocal minority complaining.

Position on the track had little/nothing to do with this bug :p

It would invalidate no matter how you drove.

So, just a normal update news thread at RD where the comments instantly turn into wishlists and complaints that are completely irrelevant to what the thread is about :D

Sigh. Yeah, I forgot everything R3E does sound wise is rosy :rolleyes:

Updates are always welcome, however I wish they'd finally fix the Porsche GT3R sound. I'm loosing my hopes.

It's still planned, but as explained in the S3S forum, the second recordings attempt in Nurb 24H wasn't successful either (the transmission was still insanely loud).
The last solution is to record the car with multiple microphones located in several places in the car, and make some tests to find the optimal mics positions.
That requires some time and car availability, basically a private session just for us, but the opportunity didn't happen yet.
I'm still hoping but it might take a while before we can do this properly (and without paying a fortune to rent the car and a track).
In the meantime, sorry for the inconvenience :redface:

Well, the sound is wrong, so I really hope it will get FIXED.
Not only the transmission whine is bollocks, but the engine sound too.

The sound is 100% GT3R though, just the balance between engine and transmission is not pleasant for the player, but otherwise this is 100% accurate and what you would hear inside the real car.
But I understand that people don't like it (I don't like it either).
In the real car, the driver's helmet makes it bearable, but in a racing game, this whine is quite unpleasant.

Hmm. 100% accurate. Not so sure. The car doesn’t sound like any of the number of in car cockpit videos you can find on the net.

I appreciate that R3E is trying to fix it. Hopefully it turns out good. Usually the sound is spot on but the Porsche’s seem to have issues at the moment.

Hmm. 100% accurate. Not so sure. The car doesn’t sound like any of the number of in car cockpit videos you can find on the net.
You know you are disagreeing with the person responsible for R3E audio, right? As in someone who has actually spent time with the real car and is very much familiar with how it sounds?

Also, people always seem to forget that what you hear in onboard videos on the internet can be very different from how the car actually sounds IRL (both with or without the helmet on).

The sound is 100% GT3R though, just the balance between engine and transmission is not pleasant for the player, but otherwise this is 100% accurate and what you would hear inside the real car.
But I understand that people don't like it (I don't like it either).
In the real car, the driver's helmet makes it bearable, but in a racing game, this whine is quite unpleasant.

Anthony, thanks for your hard work. If you guys are having hard time balancing the sound, please at least try to make the transmission whine be speed related, not rpm related. This is my biggest gripe with the sound.

Though testing it without Afterburner might be in order (and I'll do that as soon as I have some time for that), I am using it as well.
And sure enough, without Afterburner, it doesn't seem to happen. So I guess it's ether running in 32bit, or not using Afterburner for now, at least in my case. 32bit it is, then, because I do "need" Afterburner.

Anthony, thanks for your hard work. If you guys are having hard time balancing the sound, please at least try to make the transmission whine be speed related, not rpm related. This is my biggest gripe with the sound.

This is exactly where the problem is. With such a loud transmission already into the recordings, it's impossible to filter it and add a separate whine layer (as usually done for most cars in R3E), let alone make it speed related. The engine sound is litterally covered by the transmission sound, which doesn't leave many options to get a proper balanced cockpit sound. In this particular case, filtering the main transmission frequencies is also removing most of the engine sound, which is quite exceptional but still very much an issue with this car. The same is happening with the Porsche Cup aswell, and I also wish to be able to record this car again if possible.

Wouldn't it be lovely if we could all just agree that opinions are just that... opinions, which don't require everyone to try to keep having the last word. I think I'm about done even reading these patch threads. SSDD. :thumbsdown:

Typical, administration step in to try clean up the internet. :rolleyes: :D
Ross Garland could you please refrain from trying to spread peace and tranquillity on this forum, for those of us unable to partake in driving (saving up for the 6 million dollars required to put me back together) at present the petty squabbles and over expectations of some of RD's (and any other forums come to think of it) users, is all that's keeping me sane in my Sim-less world. :sick:
Pretty sure the entire world is going mad, appears that " I want this, that or the other and I want it now ", followed almost instantly by petty name calling or abuse, if not presented instantaneously on a silver platter, reminds me of someone :whistling:, so Ross, please let people make knobs of themselves, lets the rest of us feel a modicum of sanity, if only briefly! :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back