RaceRoom Racing Experience Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience KTM.jpg

Following the major update and subsequent connection issues in RaceRoom Racing Experience, Sector3 Studios have released a couple of quick fire hotfix patches aimed at eradicating the issues encountered by a number of players post update.

With the major update release deployed back on Tuesday, many fans of the sim have been experiencing a number of error messages and buggy menu screens causing connectivity issues and rendering the game unplayable for a large portion of the RaceRoom user base. Ever quick off the mark to resolve post update issues, the Swedish based studio have released a couple of small hotfix updates designed to rectify a number of the game errors and game crash bugs. Alongside the game breaking issue detection and resolution, the two new hotfix updates also address other areas of the title, most notable of which is a fix for the somewhat temperamental gearbox damage for H shifter and clutch combination cars and tweaks to the AI behaviour of some AWD vehicles.

Unfortunately for Sector3, the post update issues have done a rather spectacular job at hiding what has been a quite impressive release to RaceRoom this week. The new build of the game has significantly improved the core RaceRoom "experience" and begun the task of adding some of the more often requested features to the title, including race format changes such as reverse grid and weight penalty adjustments as well as new tyre and fuel usage parameters, a couple of the areas of the sim that have been crying out for further attention for some time now.

In light of the issues experienced by those attempting to use the software post update, RaceRoom have made the following statement to fans as the team work behind the scenes to rectify the issue:

"We are aware of the connectivity issues many of you are experiencing with the latest update.

Our team has been working day and night and so far managed to minimize those problems, but we will keep pressing on until the issues are completely resolved.

Thank you all for your continued support and patience during this time."

11-17-2016 Hotfix
Portal
:
  • Some optimizations, to reduce load times
Game:
  • Added files for upcoming KTM competition
Sounds, Cameras, Physics, AI:
  • Fixed the excessive damage when using H-Box shifting with manual clutch
  • DTM 2013, 2014 and 2015 : Fixed DRS bug introduced with the new aerodynamics system.
  • Bathurst : AI tweaks
  • Nordschleife 24H layout : adjusted some AI corridors
  • Paul Ricard Solution 3C : Fixed a wrong cut track detection

18-11-2016 Hotfix
Multiplayer

• Fixed an issue where “Race Finish Duration” setting couldn’t be saved to values above 30.
  • Fixed the disappearance of the “Non Ready Pitlane Start Delay” setting.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics, AI:
  • Fixed the broken behaviour of some 4WD cars
  • Nordschleife 24H layout : AI speed tweaks for Turns 1 and 2
  • Zolder : New set of TV Cameras

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available as a free to play title with additional paid content for Windows PC on the Steam Network.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding the simulation. We hold regular Racing Club events in a variety of machinery, host a selection of custom car setups for you to try and have a dedicated section within the sub forum for game mods. Head over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum today and join in the action!

Are the issues post update resolved for you with these latest hotfix patches? How are you enjoying the new DTM and Audi TT Cup content? Are you enjoying the new features released in the latest patch? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Quick question: Is there a way to automatically set an offline championship? Is it possible to automatically generate a list of tracks following the schedule of, for example, DTM 2014 irl without me having to manually search for schedule irl and manually add tracks?

Also if I load the preset DTM2015 rules I automatically get 5 min practice, 5 min quality, and 10 min race. Why doesn't the game load the rules as irl?

Last edited:
R3E have major unconvenience until its begin - permanet online mode. It will have allways the same issue connected to this. Permanent link to the main server made this game hard to update without the issues like this in the present time. I'm so disappointed because I Iike R3E very much. Is this possible to break permanent link to the main server? That is the question...

Most Sims always have some problems when updating and no Sim is perfect ( in my eyes and opinion only) ...so I personally just move on to one of many other Sims installed on my PC and wait patiently for the Hot-fixs and further updates of the problem Sim.
....but R3E is awesome though, even with so called problems:D

The racing is great, I just can't seem to get this store to take my money! :confused:
I try to pay in good old British pounds and the screen just sits there after I hit the confirm button :O_o:
Tried so many times, I don't want to go and buy vRP's :rolleyes:

Quick question: Is there a way to automatically set an offline championship? Is it possible to automatically generate a list of tracks following the schedule of, for example, DTM 2014 irl without me having to manually search for schedule irl and manually add tracks?

Also if I load the preset DTM2015 rules I automatically get 5 min practice, 5 min quality, and 10 min race. Why doesn't the game load the rules as irl?
No, you need to manually add the tracks, but this way, we will be able to set up a championship with the DTM 2017 calendar for example (as soon as it's actually announced). Regarding the race length: I think people playing 100% races are a minority...

The racing is great, I just can't seem to get this store to take my money! :confused:
I try to pay in good old British pounds and the screen just sits there after I hit the confirm button :O_o:
Did you enable the Steam Overlay?

I also had, and have, major problems getting into the store, and even to start a me-only event. My screen kind of whites out - but with my curser clearly shown... and it takes forever to get to the next step - but eventually it works.

I bought the premium pack - cost me little under 10 Euros, as I had 96% of the content before... and thy buying process was also VERY slow - but eventually I got it done and now, again, I have everything - and I admit that I like the sim... a lot.

Paul the advice in this thread is really good, I understand your reluctance over vRP's but it is by far the best and most cost effective way of buying content. The 2016 Audis and DTM 2016 cost me less than a posh coffee. (although I don't drink posh coffee because my wife makes a far better one and I can smoke my pipe while enjoying it:D)

No, you need to manually add the tracks, but this way, we will be able to set up a championship with the DTM 2017 calendar for example (as soon as it's actually announced). Regarding the race length: I think people playing 100% races are a minority...

Did you enable the Steam Overlay?
That fixed it thanks!
@Kenny Paton Yeah Kenny, I know about those vRP's bought enough packs over the years, was only for a small amount. I'll just wait till I want something maybe in the future :thumbsup:

With this update, I'm finally enjoying RRE a bit.
Over the past few years, I'd run a handful of laps whenever an update was released, then put it away... usually in less than ten minutes.
It feels quite a bit better.
I can finally run it without the micro-stutter I'd sometimes experience since day one.
I still would like some tweaks to the lighting as seen looking out the cockpit.
The lighting and the environment in general outside the car is missing something.
It always looks a bit dull....like the sky is always cloud covered.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 37 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Forum trophies