RaceRoom Racing Experience Update Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience Update November 2016.jpg
Sector3 Studios have deployed a substantial new patch for their RaceRoom Racing Experience title, adding a number of updates and enhancements to the sim alongside a redesigned front end experience.

Much anticipated by RaceRoom fans, the November 15th patch for the title is now live for players to download. For those expecting new content, today's patch adds the locked 2016 version of the DTM series and the Audi TT Cup from 2016. Highlights of the patch include the unification of 'experiences' within the game, bringing a selection of series specific rules and regulations into the full RaceRoom car spectrum, SimXperience Accuforce steering wheel compatibility, several crash fixes and the rather cool ability to run two race format events and reversed grids during multiplayer racing...

With the new patch now deployed and the game back online, fans can begin to pass the time before several new pieces of content are due to hit the game in the coming weeks. More on that later...

November 15th Patch Notes:

Game:

• Added new content for upcoming releases and competitions.
  • Unified Experiences and moved some of the experience specific settings to R3E.
  • Added “Depth of Field” visual effect. Active in TV cameras, Hood camera, Action cameras and Free Camera. CTRL-M enables a simple UI to adjust the blurring effects and focus position.
  • Shared Memory API overhaul, added various additional data and potential for backward compatibility starting this patch.
  • Added support for SimXperience Accuforce steering wheel.
  • Extended freedom of movement for the freecam and added two modes for it: “Attached to the car position and its rotation” and “Attached to the car position only”. Pressing the key bound to free cam will cycle through the three modes.
  • When under a slow-down penalty, collisions with the car are disabled.
  • When under a slow-down penalty, the amount of speed the player is still allowed to carry has been increased, but keep in mind you will be giving back any time gained at a slower rate by driving faster.
  • Fixed an issue where the ghost car was producing audio while waiting for the player’s car at the S/F line.
  • Fixed so compact data display shows fuel in gallons if mph/imperial units are selected.
  • Fixed replays missing the first 60 seconds of a race by pausing replay recording during garage phase.
  • Re-enabled hud during garage phase while waiting on the grid.
  • Changed position bar so it doesn’t display information during garage phase.
  • Fixed the issue where you would get disqualified immediately after the lights in hillclimb tracks.
  • Fixed using arrow keys for increase/decrease in pit menu going through settings very fast.
  • Fixed a crash that was occurring when leaving a Hillclimb session after finishing a run.
  • Fixed rear lights flashing when pressing the headlights button
  • Ensured that certain reset commands are sent to DirectInput devices when effects are disabled.
  • Changed “off” steerForceVibe period to be 2000000.
  • Increased maximum execution time for all communications from 30 seconds to a minute or higher.
  • Disabled FFB when reaching the spring based lock if it's active.
  • Cleaned up the ffb code a bit while fixing the above issue. Removed mimic code and made sure all ffb effects are turned off during AI control.
  • Fixed game crashing while navigating in the portal while in a competition session.
  • Fixed an issue with damage when downshifting without clutch.
  • Disabled foreground window lock when playing fullscreen.
  • Disabled game minimizing when losing focus.
  • Fixed game crashing/freezing when pressing pit request button while no audio device is connected.
  • Changed throttle pedal zero magnitude and vibe slope default values to 0.
Multiplayer:
  • Added 2 race format and reversed grids.
  • The netcode is now IPv6 compatible.
  • Removed some unused functions from netcode that were somehow triggering crashes for some players.
  • Potentially fixed an issue where cars not within Peer to Peer range would become invisible.
  • We now allow duplicate server names to avoid admins not being able to access their settings if a condition such as their IP changes. (Also means we no longer have to remove their names from the associated server list manually).
  • Added so the associated server list clears names that have been inactive for 30 days.
  • Removed the gridwalk camera phase since it’s irrelevant with the introduction of garage phase.
  • Fixed issue with xinput controllers ending up in an unusable state after disconnect/reconnect/usb port switch etc.
  • Fixed issue with opponent cars briefly disappearing during starting light phase.
Sounds, Cameras, Physics, AI:
  • Significant AI logic improvements.
  • Added punctures to the tire model. Past the lowest possible wear value, tires have a chance to puncture.
  • It is now impossible to disable autoclutch aid on sequential gearbox’d cars.
  • DRS effects on the aerodynamics of the car have been reworked
  • DRS allowance is now 3 activations per lap with a gap detection of 1 second at the S/F line.
  • Push 2 Pass is now disabled in qualifying and competitions to comply with the changes made in 2016 to the Audi Sport TT Cup official rules and regulations.
  • Downshifting without clutch on a H-Pattern gearbox now properly damages the gearbox.
  • BMW 635 : Interior cockpit texture update
  • BMW M1 Procar : Better standing starts for AI, made AI less easily roll up on curbs.
  • DTM : DRS adjustment to previous seasons so they also benefit from DRS aerodynamics improvements.
  • DTM 1992 : Removed Traction Control ranges
  • Ford Mustang GTO : Coast revs sounds adjustments in cockpit.
  • Formula cars : New internal gearshifts sounds (except the Junior which is H-pattern)
  • Silhouette class cars now have new action cameras
  • WTCC 2015 : AI optimizations for new code
  • Hockenheim : AI optimizations for new code
  • Indianapolis : New sets of TV cameras (reminder : use End key to cycle through them)
  • Laguna Seca : New sets of TV cameras
  • Lausitzring : New sets of TV cameras
  • Macau : AI optimization for new code. Hairpin is a no-overtake zone (for AI only for now, until we have a flag system for players)
  • Monza : New sets of TV cameras
  • Moscow : AI Optimizations for new code on the FIM layout
  • Norisring : New sets of TV cameras, AI optimizations for new code
  • Paul Ricard : AI optimizations for new code, tweaks to cut corridors
  • Portimao : New sets of TV cameras, AI optimizations for new code
  • Slovakiaring : Sector gates are now matching the real track
  • Sonoma Raceway : AI Optimizations for new code
  • Spa-Francorchamps : Runoff tarmac areas now properly have lowered grip, fixed faulty cut rules near the pit exit on Combined and Classic layouts
  • Zandvoort : AI optimizations for new code
Art:
  • LOD system improvements on many cars
  • Adjustment of distances for the fog effects for smoother transitions on zoomed cameras
  • DTM tracks have received their 2016 season advertisement dressing as well as various bug fixes
  • Audi TT cup : adjustment to the invisible collision box of the car, size adjustment of the drop shadow area under the car.BMW 635 : Fixed a hole in the engine bay when the front of the car is damaged
  • Chevrolet Camaro GT3 : Fixed a slight blurb of paint on the trunk of livery #16
  • Mercedes SLS GT3 : Fixed an issue with the visual damage on the hood, fixed a few issues on various liveries
  • Volvo 240T : Interior textures update
  • Hockenheim : Updates of the 3D curbs, various bug fixes
  • Hungaroring : Updates of the 3D curbs, various bug fixes
  • Oschersleben : Updates of the 3D curbs, slight tweaks to camber and elevation in certain areas, reduced some nasty bumps on the track surface.
  • Macau : Resurfaced the track to be less bumpy, various bug fixes
  • Monza : Visual tweaks
  • Nuerburgring : Distance markers for the chicane are now visible, various bug fixes.
  • Spa-Francorchamps : Fixed various bugs, added one advertisement location at La Source.
  • Zandvoort : Made the exit curb at turn 4 (Hugenholtzbocht) 20 meters longer.
Portal & Backend
  • Revamped Portal Store with new theme and new structure.
  • Fixed some issues with certain special characters causing issues in initial username on new accounts.
  • Implemented Essential Packs and Car Class Packs.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available via the Steam Network. You can download the game with limited content for free, and various track and car packs are available to purchase both in the in game store and on Steam.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have some of the best conversation, all the latest news and of course our epic Racing Club, where you can take the sim out on track against your fellow R3E players.

Are you happy with the new patch? How are you finding the game post update? Looking forward to the new content? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Are you happy with the new patch?
Web portal constantly crashing since the update. So I can't test it right now.

How are you finding the game post update?
Slow. Game is still beta? :D

Looking forward to the new content?
Yes. I also like the new bundles. The grouped nicely together the racing series.

Starter and Pro pack is awesome. They also kept the discount system so actually I can buy pretty much everything cheap due to the new bundles.

i like those new packs, starter one is good, have good number of tracks which is often problem in r3e. Wide range of cars in it makes sure new folks will have many series to try out (with higher chance of finding server with their track :>)

Starter, pro and premium packs are a great move. Having a single pack that's just "Here's some cool stuff to play with" for £9 is something I think should be the new thing to point people new to the game to.

Beyond that I got through the server problems to try out some of the patch stuff and this one patch has fixed about 95% of the dumb stuff that annoyed me about this game. Performance has improved too, used to only get 45fps at high settings now it's over 80. The AI improvements are seriously impressive as well, went 2-wide with an AI through half a lap of Mid Ohio in the F4 and still had to defend into the hairpin next lap. They seem to have reached that sweetspot of being aggressive enough to try and make a pass, but not stupid enough to ram their way through in an area where the move is never going to stick.

so far, yuge disappointment. Long wait times to load, then, nothing. Blank screens. 503 errors, reboots on top of reboots and still nothing. It looks like somebody is having fun tho, i can see some cool options someone can play with just not me. 4 months waiting, started at 8am today and finally was able to click play at 4:45 pm, 8 hours and forty five min later and nothing works. I would have been glad to wait a couple more hours till you got it right, this is no fun.

Attachments

• 2016-11-15 1538 0001.jpg
    2016-11-15 1538 0001.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 639
  • 2016-11-15 1626 0001.jpg
    2016-11-15 1626 0001.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 754
  • 2016-11-15 1634 0002.jpg
    2016-11-15 1634 0002.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 721
fiuhy
so far, yuge disappointment. Long wait times to load, then, nothing. Blank screens. 503 errors, reboots on top of reboots and still nothing. It looks like somebody is having fun tho, i can see some cool options someone can play with just not me. 4 months waiting, started at 8am today and finally was able to click play at 4:45 pm, 8 hours and forty five min later and nothing works. I would have been glad to wait a couple more hours till you got it right, this is no fun.

[UPDATED]
The Menu system seems to be working fine now, no more slow downs and slow fade- in and out once you select an option in the menu.

Attachments

• 20161115201418_1.jpg
    20161115201418_1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 623
Last edited:

Bez

All the gear, no idea...
As others have said, VERY buggy, error 503 constantly, white out on menus, old green circular menu keeps popping up, "something wrong with our server try again"

EPIC FAIL!

Can't believe I waited all day for this shower of s**t...

Bez

All the gear, no idea...
@RaceNut Just spotted your settings on the accuforce forum, ill be giving those a try, did you leave any of the canned effects on? Im finding the gear shift effect very odd, kinda like driving over a tiny rumble strip unlike automobilista where you can feel the car move slightly through the wheel.

R

ronniej

• ronniej

Well, the beta testers over at R3E forums didn't lie to me, they were telling me from the beginning that a lot of people would be happy with the new update and a lot of people would not be.............:sleep:

However, I'm just glad that something came out of that camp. Hope it becomes a habit.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 77 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 66 16.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.8%
  • €3001-5000