RaceRoom Racing Experience: Bilster Berg Coming Soon

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Bilster Berg 2.jpg

Set to release in the very near future, the epic 4.2 km Bilster Berg circuit is heading to RaceRoom Racing Experience!

Perhaps unknown to all but the most knowledgeable of race fans, Bilster Berg is set to become the next circuit to be released for RaceRoom Racing Experience - following closely on from the recent Dubai Autodrome track that was made available for RaceRoom early last week.

So, what can players expect to find once they hit the circuit in Bilster Berg? According to Sector3 Studios, the track consists of 19 corners at "one of Europe's most demanding circuits among motorsport professionals", and features some significant elevation changes that should provide an entertaining test for sim racers within who drive the track within the game.

Set to come complete with no-less than five different layouts at launch, the new track should be made available to purchase within the title in the very, very near future.

Meanwhile, this is what a lap feels like from the cockpit:

In game shots:
R3E Bilster Berg 1.jpg
R3E Bilster Berg 3.jpg
R3E Bilster Berg 4.jpg

For RaceRoom Racing Experience news and discussion, head on over to the R3E sub forum and get in touch with your fellow sim racing fans!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Any comparison to Fat Alfie‘s version layout and feeling wise?

Is it LS?

@Fat-Alfie : Did you use any scan data? Cause the flow feels so believable on yours.

I was supplied with CAD data for the left and right edges of the track, with the data being to the nearest millimetre :confused: The 4th column is the elevation in metres :thumbsup:

upload_2019-10-11_19-28-0.png

I do check with my client from time to time if they would be willing to allow me to release it for Assetto Corsa, but apparently they still use it for an eSports event so want to keep the exclusivity. Although, now it's been released for R3E it will be less exclusive, so... :unsure::whistling:

• Deleted member 955978

I was supplied with CAD data for the left and right edges of the track, with the data being to the nearest millimetre :confused: The 4th column is the elevation in metres :thumbsup:

View attachment 328844

I do check with my client from time to time if they would be willing to allow me to release it for Assetto Corsa, but apparently they still use it for an eSports event so want to keep the exclusivity. Although, now it's been released for R3E it will be less exclusive, so... :unsure::whistling:
:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Tell them a fiver is the way to go for paid mods in AC.

I’m on for that.

:thumbsup:

Well, than pick a hero vid. Not that stupid noob follow cam thing to prove your greatness...;)
Now it sounds like you have both problems with my driving style and now further have problems because that style gives reasonable results on the leaderboards.
But maybe you should be a bit hesitant to rate others driving skills if you cant even match those yourself.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: It is solely you who does become personal and talk about "hero"es and "prove of greatness".
But if you feel good with such personal outpourings I have no problems with that.:thumbsup:

@Fat-Alfie
What was worth a laugh I would like to know...

It just made me laugh, the way you worded it :laugh: I have tried to get it released on numerous occasions, but to no avail. I must admit, though, I fired it up tonight for the first time in about a year and the quality wasn't great :( I have learned so much since I made it. Even if UpRacer said it was okay to release it now, I wouldn't release it in its current state :unsure:

• Deleted member 955978

Now it sounds like you have both problems with my driving style and now further have problems because that style gives reasonable results on the leaderboards.
But maybe you should be a bit hesitant to rate others driving skills if you cant even match those yourself.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: It is solely you who does become personal and talk about "hero"es and "prove of greatness".
But if you feel good with such personal outpourings I have no problems with that.:thumbsup:
Sorry, but....
I never looked into any LBs, I don’t know you as a esports member, I don’t know anything you ever did sitting naked in front of a computer, and I really don’t want to know...

But:

You posted a vid dissing the new addition to race room, Bilster Berg.
You tried to prove your point showing a vid with you driving a non appropriate car in a non professional way.
To be clear, you just missed every apex, every relevant point a driver would look to master.
In the vid you just failed to deliver.
So pls don’t play the jester here.
Take your time, learn, improve, than show off again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, is an FR-90 really the best car to test a new track in? :laugh:

In all seriousness though, it's horses for courses. Some will like this track, some will not. It's just personal preference. I have a high suspicion that I won't like this track much, because I'm not a fan of Nords either. Doesn't mean it's a crap track, just means that it isn't to my personal taste.

• Deleted member 955978

It just made me laugh, the way you worded it :laugh: I have tried to get it released on numerous occasions, but to no avail. I must admit, though, I fired it up tonight for the first time in about a year and the quality wasn't great :( I have learned so much since I made it. Even if UpRacer said it was okay to release it now, I wouldn't release it in its current state :unsure:
Do you mean it lacks your signature style, so well known at this point, or do you mean the accuracy of the layout?

Really liking Bilster Berg with the Touring Classics driving manual H-Pattern...change gear, change gear, brake, hard turn, change gear, change gear:D:inlove:
EDIT: added photos to 'Bilster Berg Now Available for RaceRoom Racing Experience'

Last edited:
Do you mean it lacks your signature style, so well known at this point, or do you mean the accuracy of the layout?

Oh no, the layout is spot on - I can't really take any credit for that, though, when I was supplied with accurate 3D data. I would like to change some of the shaders, some textures, there is a bit of 3D grass growing over the edge of the tarmac, AO missing on some objects, I would make the skid pan area look wet, ... :(

• Deleted member 955978

Oh no, the layout is spot on - I can't really take any credit for that, though, when I was supplied with accurate 3D data. I would like to change some of the shaders, some textures, there is a bit of 3D grass growing over the edge of the tarmac, AO missing on some objects, I would make the skid pan area look wet, ... :(
So just visuals, uff...
Thanks for the last available beta!
I don’t care if it’s not top notch visually.
I care for the driving, and that’s top notch!

My Dad did 2 laps with me there on the P-Seat....
He was nervous with me constantly telling him where to go.

:D:)

Haha, is an FR-90 really the best car to test a new track in? :laugh:

In all seriousness though, it's horses for courses. Some will like this track, some will not. It's just personal preference. I have a high suspicion that I won't like this track much, because I'm not a fan of Nords either. Doesn't mean it's a crap track, just means that it isn't to my personal taste.
Just personal preference.
Yes.
And that is exactly the reason I both use "My personal oppinion" and "a personal hate track" and "(IMO)".
OK?
Conserning if the "FR-90 is really the best car to test a new track in" then I dont know.
But who have ever postulated that?
My personal oppinion after 10 laps is that I will not use this track much.:sleep:
Compared to my former Raceroom buy then I became fan of Dubai after 1-4 laps.
With this Bilster Berg it became a personal hate track instantaneously.
The best way of description is that it feels like a goofy driver's license maneuvering lane.
Not fun just goofy and irritating(IMO).

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: After a few more laps on this driver's license maneuvering lane I think I passed the driving test and hope to recieve a driver licence(still driving the FR-90V8):):):)

Just personal preference.
Yes.
And that is exactly the reason I both use "My personal oppinion" and "a personal hate track" and "(IMO)".
OK?
Conserning if the "FR-90 is really the best car to test a new track in" then I dont know.
But who have ever postulated that?
For someone who often "jokes" by making fun of what others post, you should really learn to take what you dish out, mate. Now perhaps you understand how a simple "joke" comment can easily be taken the wrong way by the recipient, and therefore why your jokes are often met with aggressive responses? :rolleyes:

@Garland
Jokes?
I cant remember that I have posted a joke.
That must be a long time ago.
And the aggresivity you are talking about is pretty seldom(IMO).
But if you are talking about some kind of patronizing then I often wonder why Im met with that.:thumbsup:
:)

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Should we be on track talking about Bilster Berg in this thread?:)

My latest PERSONAL oppinion(!) from Bilster Berg driving the FR90V8:
This lil maneuvering lane isnt my hate track No.1 anymore.
I still PERSONALLY consider it rather goofy but after some more laps in LB it dont feels that goofy.
And beside learning some of the corners then cooking a secret "magical" setup together did also help.;)
But be aware this is solely my PERSONAL oppinion!:thumbsup:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Thank you to the new participant on Bilsters V8 LB.
Its allways more fun to be able to compare ones laptimes against others.:thumbsup:

EDIT: By coincidence I just discovered that this mentioned new participant is one from this forum.
So at least my PERSONAL oppinion about Bilster Maneuvering Lane hasnt scared everybody away. :roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Garland
Jokes?
I cant remember that I have posted a joke.
That must be a long time ago.
And the aggresivity you are talking about is pretty seldom(IMO).
But if you are talking about some kind of patronizing then I often wonder why Im met with that.:thumbsup:
:)

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Should we be on track talking about Bilster Berg in this thread?:)
You tagged the wrong person. You also must have a rather short memory since you were complaining about someone's reaction to one of your "joke posts" earlier this week, and have had your posts moderated twice in the same period. :rolleyes:

But you're right, if you want to discuss the matter feel free to PM me. Here isn't the place.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 189 87.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 34 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 30 14.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 59 27.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 73 34.0%