RaceRoom: New Car Releases Tomorrow - Can You Guess What it Is?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience will be in receipt of a new car tomorrow, and rather than the usual image previews... we get a sound teaser...

So, we already know our wonderful community here at RaceDepartment are some of the most knowledgeable folks when it comes to sim racing (and real racing for that matter), but do any of you know enough about engine sounds to workout which car is heading to R3E tomorrow?

In something of a surprise reveal, Sector3 Studios, the Swedish development team behind RaceRoom Racing Experience, published a very short preview video of some upcoming new content set to hit the simulation at some stage tomorrow - leaving sim racing fans guessing as to what the new car could possibly be.

So here you go folks, turn it up loud and have a listen to see if you can't work out what the next new content instalment for RaceRoom Racing Experience might be all about...

Let the games begin!

r3E sound teaser.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

And thank you for this! I will try it today. I'm hoping it's as awesome as it seems it will be. Anything else you can say about it's functionality? Further development?
The AI Selector features all the basic functionality. We still have a few ideas how to improve it, but we wanted you to get your hands on it in time for Xmas.

The AI in multiclass is doing a decent job in lapping slower cars etc., but there certainly is also still room for improvement.

Look at it as a first iteration of the feature. Expect further improvements of every aspect in the future.

The club does run *some* FTP events - I had a quick scan through, there was one in May 2018. I didn't go any further back.

The odd thing is, when RD do run these events they tend to attract low numbers. I have entered them before but they tend to get less that a dozen people turn up. Whereas with paid content we get more numbers involved.

On another sim racing site I race on they did a few test races and planned on doing a mini league with the Aquila and only the free tracks. However they only had four or five people sign up, so they canned the whole idea. Admittedly most on the site were heavy RF2 users so I think although they liked the visuals it's wasn't RF2 so held no appeal for them.

A shame as I genuinely enjoy racing on R3E.

The odd thing is, when RD do run these events they tend to attract low numbers. I have entered them before but they tend to get less that a dozen people turn up. Whereas with paid content we get more numbers involved.

On another sim racing site I race on they did a few test races and planned on doing a mini league with the Aquila and only the free tracks. However they only had four or five people sign up, so they canned the whole idea. Admittedly most on the site were heavy RF2 users so I think although they liked the visuals it's wasn't RF2 so held no appeal for them.

A shame as I genuinely enjoy racing on R3E.

I did join one - maybe not the one last May, perhaps towards the back end of 2017. Thoroughly enjoyed the RR3 game but had some issues with microphone pickup and had to leave before the race.

If there was any RR race that featured the content I own then I'd definitely be interested in it.

The AI Selector features all the basic functionality. We still have a few ideas how to improve it, but we wanted you to get your hands on it in time for Xmas.

The AI in multiclass is doing a decent job in lapping slower cars etc., but there certainly is also still room for improvement.

Look at it as a first iteration of the feature. Expect further improvements of every aspect in the future.
Sounds great. Looking forward to it all as it's updated. I really do enjoy R3E more and more these days. Thanks much

I have to give my 1 hour instant review as it is if I got a brand new sim. I had to try the multi class with Group 4, 5 and a few DTM '92 sprinkled in at Road America and it made me want to turn this from a lunch break race into blowing off the rest of the afternoon. The new Porsche is a handful in the best possible ways.
If the AI in this race is any indication of other classes/cars/tracks it is phenomenal and can't wait to get into an AI multi-class championship aka IMSA.
The faster cars were aggressive at all the right places and times, if there was a touch it was an appropriate amount of force and didn't cause the car to react in an unexpected way. It felt as though I knew where the contact was, not just the car being upset in a general sense, but the rear left for example.
Absolutely awesome.

Last edited:
We've just added one of the most requested features with the AI selector and Single Player Multiclass races.

Awesome! Not only multiclass, but a proper car filter! Now I can finally play pretend V8 Thundercars/DTC with the GT3 Camaro and GT3 Mustang (okay, they have sequential shifting and a bit more power, but close enough :p). A big thank you to the whole Sector 3 for making my Christmas break awesome!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back